The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 108 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

This just in

Man Utd transfer target Jack Grealish will hold crunch talks with Aston Villa chief Christian Purslow on his return from holiday. Grealish is keen on move to Old Trafford and wants to know interest will not be dismissed out of hand. Grealish also aware of Man City interest #MUFC

Where's that from mate? Load of shite I reckon.

This just in

Man Utd transfer target Jack Grealish will hold crunch talks with Aston Villa chief Christian Purslow on his return from holiday. Grealish is keen on move to Old Trafford and wants to know interest will not be dismissed out of hand. Grealish also aware of Man City interest #MUFC

hmmm, all the journos are linking Manu with Ousmane Dembele or Douglas Costa as back up if Sancho doesnt come off. Its been surprisingly quiet about Jack. I think they are just filling space until the Sancho deal is finally sorted

Man City are also being linkedin with Koulibaly at £60m+. Dortmund and Manure are playing a poker game over Sancho, which is likely to be anywhere from £80-120m. I still think you will see some big money moves.
Brentford may be under pressure to sell one of their stars, but could probably keep the others if they dont get the fee they are asking for.

You do realis that clubs don't have the income, german clubs tend to get 60k gates and less TV money they aren't as flush as the PL clubs. Brentford have a new stadium and no income, clubs in lower leagues are as good as finished there will be a surplus of footballers only the best will get deals and they won't be as high.

United under that incompetent buffoon Ed Woodward are embarrassing with how they do transfer business. Every deal they get involved in takes months and end up being the saga of the summer. No doubt they’ll sign Sancho but it’ll end up being a few weeks down the line after yet more pissing about by United.

United under that incompetent buffoon Ed Woodward are embarrassing with how they do transfer business. Every deal they get involved in takes months and end up being the saga of the summer. No doubt they’ll sign Sancho but it’ll end up being a few weeks down the line after yet more pissing about by United.
They're probably readying a £120m bid for Declan Rice. Another hype job to add to the collection.

Why? So he can get a good view of them reaching the round of 16 from the bench?

He knows that this could be his last chance of a big move and maybe he thinks we will be in another relegation battle this coming season.
The club need to show our top players some ambition if they want them to stay.

He knows that this could be his last chance of a big move and maybe he thinks we will be in another relegation battle this coming season.
The club need to show our top players some ambition if they want them to stay.
That's some serious pessimism there Fulford! He might be off, although if he goes I think it'll be due to a lack of astuteness in the transfer market. It wouldn't surprise me if he is waiting to see who we sign before deciding.

Unless he suddenly got shit, he'd still be hot property next season too - maybe even hotter?

That's some serious pessimism there Fulford! He might be off, although if he goes I think it'll be due to a lack of astuteness in the transfer market. It wouldn't surprise me if he is waiting to see who we sign before deciding.

Unless he suddenly got shit, he'd still be hot property next season too - maybe even hotter?

Of course I'm a pessimist when it comes to Aston Villa. Over 50 years of supporting them has taught me that.

The only way we could stop Jack wanting to leave is to show serious ambition, much like the way Aubameyang is waiting to sign a new contract until he sees who Arsenal are signing.

Can't begrudge him a move if we're going to be shopping in the Championship.

The only way we could stop Jack wanting to leave is to show serious ambition, much like the way Aubameyang is waiting to sign a new contract until he sees who Arsenal are signing.

Can't begrudge him a move if we're going to be shopping in the Championship.
I wonder if it is also giving him the ability to play his preferred position. I remember him saying that he would rather be more central, but will play where needed. Us getting a decent LW would stop Jack from being a LW by necessity.

I wonder if it is also giving him the ability to play his preferred position. I remember him saying that he would rather be more central, but will play where needed. Us getting a decent LW would stop Jack from being a LW by necessity.
The problem is that he sees himself as a number 8 when his talents suit a number 10. He can either be an average number 8 or an above average number 10 as far as I'm concerned, acquiescing to his desire to be a number 8 will not benefit us as much I'm afraid.

Last edited:
The problem is that he sees himself as a number 8 when his talents suit a number 10. He can ever be an average number 8 or an above average number 10 as far as I'm concerned, acquiescing to his desire to be a number 8 will not benefit us as much I'm afraid.
That's possible, but I'm not so sure. With a stronger team around him, reducing the amount of attention he gets, I think he would be really effective in a more central position.