The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 107 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

I said a couple of weeks ago that this is a big chance for us to purchase some serious talent at average prices. The only sticking point could be the wages some of these players are on.
There is a unique opportunity to close the gap on the top 6 but somehow I don't think we will take it.

This is what I'm thinking, I imagine clubs are waiting to see what money is about.

Nathan Ake 40m to Man City is a guide. That will probably be the highest price?

If we do end up with a bunch of Brentford players, and at a premium I'll be concerned on a number of levels -

One they're not the proven experience required, and two, is this the fucking extent/ limit of Smith's network and knowledge of players, the one's he's managed before??? Three, what the fuck is Lange here for?

We're trying to get to PL safety and then competitiveness - this is going to mean much better players than Smith has worked with before at fucking Brentford and Walsall FFS.

If we do end up with a bunch of Brentford players, and at a premium I'll be concerned on a number of levels -

One they're not the proven experience required, and two, is this the fucking extent/ limit of Smith's network and knowledge of players, the one's he's managed before??? Three, what the fuck is Lange here for?

We're trying to get to PL safety and then competitiveness - this is going to mean much better players than Smith has worked with before at fucking Brentford and Walsall FFS.

The level we require is the level of Luiz and Jack, Heaton . Not Trez and Freddie or even Wesley , who cost a combined 35m. That's where we were last season this season we need players who come in and bench these types

Was there no relegation release clause involved in Ake's transfer? Always struck me as odd that the actual fee paid was £41m.

They money being quoted around at the moment is stupid.

It will soon drop towards the end of the window when clubs realise, certainly championship clubs, that they are fucked financially.

£40m for Sarr from Watford. 25m each for the Brentford pair. 20m for the Norwich full backs. You would never think we were in an economic depression and the finances in the game are ruined. Clubs are just seeing what’s been spent in the past and demanding crazy money which they will never get.

As a club we have a choice to make. Pay up early or sit a wait for prices to come down but potential to miss out on our targets.

Yes, he was, only 25 Dutch international with 5 years experience under him, I see him as the new partner for Laporte.
All this talk of 25m for Championship players seems a bit high in this climate

he'll be cover for Laporte - decent bench warmer
They'll get koulibaly for the other side .

Maybe we'll get Stones ?

They money being quoted around at the moment is stupid.

It will soon drop towards the end of the window when clubs realise, certainly championship clubs, that they are fucked financially.

£40m for Sarr from Watford. 25m each for the Brentford pair. 20m for the Norwich full backs. You would never think we were in an economic depression and the finances in the game are ruined. Clubs are just seeing what’s been spent in the past and demanding crazy money which they will never get.

As a club we have a choice to make. Pay up early or sit a wait for prices to come down but potential to miss out on our targets.

The problem with Sarr is Watford paid £30m for him not that long ago.

Yes, he was, only 25 Dutch international with 5 years experience under him, I see him as the new partner for Laporte.
All this talk of 25m for Championship players seems a bit high in this climate

Man City are also being linkedin with Koulibaly at £60m+. Dortmund and Manure are playing a poker game over Sancho, which is likely to be anywhere from £80-120m. I still think you will see some big money moves.
Brentford may be under pressure to sell one of their stars, but could probably keep the others if they dont get the fee they are asking for.

This just in

Man Utd transfer target Jack Grealish will hold crunch talks with Aston Villa chief Christian Purslow on his return from holiday. Grealish is keen on move to Old Trafford and wants to know interest will not be dismissed out of hand. Grealish also aware of Man City interest #MUFC

This is what I'm thinking, I imagine clubs are waiting to see what money is about.

Nathan Ake 40m to Man City is a guide. That will probably be the highest price?
If £40m for a relegated defender in a team with the worst 5 year record for goals conceded is the guide price then it’s obvious which direction transfer fees are going and they aren’t coming down.

Dortmund want €120m for Sancho, we apparently want £80m for Grealish so you can’t tell me transfer fees are coming down, especially at the top level. The top clubs have plenty of money, other PL clubs have plenty of money and they ain’t going to flog their best players off on the cheap because of coronavirus, just like how we ain’t going to sell of Grealish on the cheap. If you want to go fishing in lower European leagues then sure maybe a transfers slightly more affordable - but that was always the case and your generally looking at lower quality (at least in the short term) anyway

hourihane is a no frills kind of player he isnt world class but does a job maybe in a better side with better players he would be better too like wolves have Doherty who has played in 3 divisions with wolves he isnt the best player but he does a job dont forget who we are and where we are we arnt gunna get the worlds best players here

In the final 4 games I thought Hourihane played the best for us he ever has. His natural talents may be a bit limited (sublime free kicks apart), but he knows that and works hard on trying to improve. We can't afford a squad of top players, we need a number of players who will do a job alongside the stars we do have, and Connor is one of those.

If £40m for a relegated defender in a team with the worst 5 year record for goals conceded is the guide price then it’s obvious which direction transfer fees are going and they aren’t coming down.

Dortmund want €120m for Sancho, we apparently want £80m for Grealish so you can’t tell me transfer fees are coming down, especially at the top level. The top clubs have plenty of money, other PL clubs have plenty of money and they ain’t going to flog their best players off on the cheap because of coronavirus, just like how we ain’t going to sell of Grealish on the cheap. If you want to go fishing in lower European leagues then sure maybe a transfers slightly more affordable - but that was always the case and your generally looking at lower quality (at least in the short term) anyway

They can want what they like but if clubs need to sell they'll have to take what they can get, we don't have to sell Jack lots of PL clubs don't need to sell but other clubs do.
These other clubs you have to target, clubs who furloughed staff like Norwich

In the final 4 games I thought Hourihane played the best for us he ever has. His natural talents may be a bit limited (sublime free kicks apart), but he knows that and works hard on trying to improve. We can't afford a squad of top players, we need a number of players who will do a job alongside the stars we do have, and Connor is one of those.

I'd do a job alongside the stars

Taylor and Elmo did a job as well just isn't the level we require