CFC...... | Page 14 | Vital Football

CFC......

Just in case you think it’s a bit quiet over the week, I’m off to New York for Mrs T’s 50th birthday this week. Will be flying back Saturday during the day, so won’t know the West Ham result until we land.
I’ll try to do a bit on the front page if I get time.
Cheers ?

Just in case you think it’s a bit quiet over the week, I’m off to New York for Mrs T’s 50th birthday this week. Will be flying back Saturday during the day, so won’t know the West Ham result until we land.
Cheers ?

Enjoy! :wahey: :wave: :wahey: :cool:

Have a great time Tucks ! New York is an amazing city . Went there in May , but as I won’t fly it took a week to get there on the QM2 !

EMI in the middle - Roberts on the right?
That could work. I though emi looked a little tired yesterday? Df seemed to move him a pukki around in 2nd half which was strange and it seemed like the instruction for 1st 20 minutes of second half was sit back which wasn't right.

Stiepermann just looked lazy and hardly jogged.

Hanley did his best but he is not a prem defender and I hope Klose and amadou are fit for Manc city

So, we lost. Hands up those who Really expected anything different. Slick passes that were made vs Newcastle were often intercepted. We thought our boys were fast yet Chelsea players frequently beat us to the ball.

On the plus side we scored goals against a multi million defence. And...

... We learned a lot about our skills and relative fitness. Great. We will be stronger, faster and even more skilful as a result. And...

... We will show up teams from the bottom half of the table. Bring on the big boys. We will learn from them. And...

... Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon we will be a force to reckon with; to challenge the big boys and prevail.

We are here to stay.

My hands are up as I expected a draw.
Chelsea without hazard, kante and pedro and youngsters playing.
Add an inexperienced manager and I was not expecting to lose.

Cheers ?
Enjoy Tucks, am Jell, on my bucket list, have a great time.

So, we lost. Hands up those who Really expected anything different. Slick passes that were made vs Newcastle were often intercepted. We thought our boys were fast yet Chelsea players frequently beat us to the ball.

On the plus side we scored goals against a multi million defence. And...

... We learned a lot about our skills and relative fitness. Great. We will be stronger, faster and even more skilful as a result. And...

... We will show up teams from the bottom half of the table. Bring on the big boys. We will learn from them. And...

... Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon we will be a force to reckon with; to challenge the big boys and prevail.

We are here to stay.
I hoped for a draw and thought at home and coupled with recent performances we could pull it off and almost did. A loss was always realistic and I think CFC based on 2nd half were worthy winners but I still feel it was an opportunity lost for a point.

Cheers ?

Have a great time Tuckster. Is it your first visit there ?
I have been 5 times and it is a great City.
In my younger carefree days and on my first visit ran out of money so
used last cash to check backpack in to YMCA and slept in Central Park
before going back to airport.
Last visit was 3 weeks before 9 / 11.

We hope to go back to Las Vegas when Mrs DG retires from full time work in 4 years time
I have 3 states left to visit and hope to pick off Washington and Alaska soon. May never go to Hawaii so will be stuck on 49.

Just booked up South Africa for one dayers and T 20 in February
as a treat.

Washington State including Seattle - really liked the place
but that was years ago. I would be interested to hear what you think of it after you have been there.
I did Portland, then Seattle an actually liked both. Voodoo doughnuts is a must.

Cheers ?
I did new York for the first time last Christmas and it was nice but so crazy. We celebrated my daughter's birthday out there a d typical Americans went ott. I hope you enjoy. I've got Las Vegas...Chicago on my next wish list.

Been to Chicago 3 times and would go back again.
My favourite American City out of the many I have been to.
Definitely recommend it.
So much more to see of America than the predictable Disney crap.

Have a great time Tuckster. Is it your first visit there ?
I have been 5 times and it is a great City.
In my younger carefree days and on my first visit ran out of money so
used last cash to check backpack in to YMCA and slept in Central Park
before going back to airport.
Last visit was 3 weeks before 9 / 11.

We hope to go back to Las Vegas when Mrs DG retires from full time work in 4 years time
I have 3 states left to visit and hope to pick off Washington and Alaska soon. May never go to Hawaii so will be stuck on 49.

Just booked up South Africa for one dayers and T 20 in February
as a treat.
Second time visiting NY. We last went 10 years ago for Mrs T’s 40th!
It is an amazing place, so much to do and a fantastic buzz. Here for five nights with the family making a huge list of everything they want to do - might need a break to get over this one!