CFC...... | Page 13 | Vital Football

CFC......

The good thing about today was that our team fought and didn't cave in.
Klose needs to come in at left CB and move Godfrey to the right CB position ( or if its Zimmerman, then Godfrey stays at left CB).
In addition when the timing is right Amadou needs to come in at DM.

Good to see Todd off the mark and Krul have another good game including the excellent save at the Barclay end.

BTW. in effect we are in competition with about 11 other teams. Anything against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City is a bonus. Keep supporting the lads!! :wave: :wave: :yes:

Last edited:
We had nothing on the bench to chase that game which i feared would happen, needed roberts to replace steipy, missing Hernandez pace, and Srbny is not going to help us much this season.

Roberts is a wide player not a no.10. Could EMI (aka. the Hornet) move to the centre?

Steipy = Steipermann (aka. Superman)

I have happy memories of season when we went to arsenal and won 4 2 on opening game of season and I think we beat chelsea 2 1 in the next game
( midweek at home ) to go top of the premier league.
That was before chelsea started buying success.

Was the Chelsea goalkeeper, Bassett and he let the ball through his hands and into the net?

The weather is going to be brilliant for you. Just saw it should be 29 or higher. Lovely football weather. I've been to that hotel next to pitch a couple of times...It's okay and everytime I've had a great view of the pitch

From my perch, I have a great view of the Community stand :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hopefully Roberts was a loan deal that df wanted and will not end up like Edwards. The guy is good and has talent is have liked to see him on instead of Srbeny today. I still don't get what df sees in Srbeny never done it before so why would he in prem. Get idah in his place

Totally ineffective when he came on , and in fact the triple substitution made no difference whatsoever . That 20 minutes in the second without an attack was very unusual , and something I don’t want to see again . Play to our strengths which is non stop attack

I am hoping we will be stronger at the back when Zimmerman returns . In the meantime I think Klose is simply a better defender than Hanley and maybe should have started. Onel is also a miss , as he can ‘ cut in ‘ from the wings to create chances . I support the squad we have and feel we don’t need to spend megabucks . Get over the injuries , introduce Roberts and Amadou to the match day squad , give ourselves time to settle into this higher level and we will be fine !

Totally ineffective when he came on , and in fact the triple substitution made no difference whatsoever . That 20 minutes in the second without an attack was very unusual , and something I don’t want to see again . Play to our strengths which is non stop attack

It was hot yesterday. They need a breather! :cheers:

I am hoping we will be stronger at the back when Zimmerman returns . In the meantime I think Klose is simply a better defender than Hanley and maybe should have started. Onel is also a miss , as he can ‘ cut in ‘ from the wings to create chances . I support the squad we have and feel we don’t need to spend megabucks . Get over the injuries , introduce Roberts and Amadou to the match day squad , give ourselves time to settle into this higher level and we will be fine !

On another website, Ive seen someone question Roberts ability to the defensive aspect of playing for the team...we shall see in due course.

It was Beasant in the early season away game (at the old Stamford Bridge with the Shed) with the goalkeeping howler.

Who is thinking about what game is up to you guys!
Id still rather Roberts play 10 over Steiperman...he did sweet fa yesterday apart from get booked which he should of had earlier for a blatant pull back. He won no headers, ponderous, bad lay offs and didnt get off the ground to win headers even at all 6ft 3 of him! I know Roberts isnt a 10 but surely Steiperman should of come off way before 81st min?!?!?!

Id still rather Roberts play 10 over Steipy! Steipy did sweet fa yesterday apart from get booked which he should of had earlier for a blatant pull back. He won no headers, ponderous, bad lay offs and didnt get off the ground to win headers even at all 6ft 3 of him! I know Roberts isnt a 10 but surely Steipy should of come off way before 81st min?!?!?!

EMI in the middle - Roberts on the right?