Summer 2018 Chat Line | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

Met up with some friends I used to work with yesterday. A meal, natter and the pub quiz! A very enjoyable evening.

I've been out with friends today too - met up in Sheffield, in the Benjamin Huntsman, went to Cosmos for lunch then back to the pub!

Good news that! It's the niggly things isn't it that it can fail an MOT on. Did you ever find out why it stopped going those two times?

We don’t need MOTS here unless you get pulled over and the cop slaps you with an order.
Usually the young lads with their beat ups.

I didn't know that Oz. Our car (well I say, 'our' but as I only get in it in the passenger seat or in the back it's not really 'our' at all) passed it's MOT recently - one year it failed on something to do with the window-screen wipers.

Having some new pains fitted this morning in windows that have 'blown'. They say it's the sun that causes it - hmmm

Good news that! It's the niggly things isn't it that it can fail an MOT on. Did you ever find out why it stopped going those two times?

I took it straight to a garage (like I was told!!)
The Green Flag man had said it was a loose connection on the starter motor but the garage couldnt find it!

The green flag man said he couldn't get his spanner in!

Have had the car serviced and MOT tested today. All fine.
Well went to Parkgate today - just about to turn into the car park the car just stopped and refused to restart!!
Had to go on the back of the breakdown lorry back to the garage!!
It's still there!!

I really dont know what to say - never had a car like it!
It let me down twice whilst still under warrnty - electrical problem.
Once a year ago - loose connection under the bonnet.
Twice in the last month - starter motor
Today - something to do with the fuel feed!

Never had to call anyone out in over 30years before this car!

There's really no answer to that is there! lol

What a pain with the car, Sixpence. Bet it's making you a bit apprehensive to go out in it

Poor fella, couldn’t get his spanner in? I wouldn’t like that to happen to me.:shake:
Those were his words - not mine! I have no sympathy for him he supported a football team in Shefield! Lol.
Car still not repaired - have an old Skoda courtesy car now.

I am, Caz. There was absolutely no warning when it died on me - if it happens on the motorway I could just be stopped in in the middle lane!!!

It will be 5years old next month but (as my daughter said) there is no point keeping it if you are worrying all the time you are driving it!

Nothing worse than travelling in a car you are on edge with Sixpence.
Five years isn’t an old car though?
Again good luck with it and I send you my best wishes for everything to come good for you.xx
Won’t be long before you go on your trip will it?

You know they won't renew parts on household goods after five years - perhaps they are making cars like that now too!

Had a lovely weekend in Newcastle for my granddaughters second birthday - doesn't seem two minutes since she was a babe in arms, now she's a diva with a piano and microphone! lol

Glad you enjoyed the fun! They grow up much too quickly - I wish they could stay pre-school age!