The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 70 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Seriously???? How do you arrive at that ?

We've pulled out of a £100k north stand expansion very recently - with the CEO in a round about way saying it wasn't viable...

I'm not sensing anything on a new stadium in the foreseeable....I think we will be lucky to Hecks extra 3k seats..
Yes,Remote, maybe we should give our owners the benefit of the doubt. Huge decision to make and we are more aware of the difficult choices facing the owners.

If blues can think of a 2 billion pound stadium so can we. I just read these guys built a new 90k stadium. We pulled out the North stand why, maybe uts nit worth building that conservatory if your moving house. We collectively have the money, I doubt we are tightening the belt....

If blues can think of a 2 billion pound stadium so can we. I just read these guys built a new 90k stadium. We pulled out the North stand why, maybe uts nit worth building that conservatory if your moving house. We collectively have the money, I doubt we are tightening the belt....

Of course we can. I just see little evidence of it happening any time soon.

It's not a question of tightening belts - but bums on seats doesn't provide the bulk of our revenue anymore - that comes from TV money and sponsorship deals ...

A £1bn stadium wouldn't pay for itself for many years - perhaps not in the lifespan of our current owners. I just don't see it.

Silly thought, Birmingham is bankrupt. What about putting a offer in for the Commonwealth games stadium and expanding that to 75000. It would be cheaper than building one from scratch. There are roads that go to the motorways and there's Perry Bar railway station. Lastly we were once in Perry Bar.
Just a thought.

Where in the west midlands are we going to locate that an attendance of 60k won't cause traffic issues ? - ever been past the NEC when crufts is on ?
and
A new stadium would knock a good hole in £1bn - the owners have repeatedly and categorically stated it's not happening...

If we are are baulking at £100m for a staduim expansion - I just can't see an outlay of 10x that anytime soon.
It took me over an hour to Solihull Hospital last Friday and it is only 12 miles away, It Took 45 mins to get back by going around the m42/m5 loop back to J3 M5 and off at Quinton. Bloody nightmare imagine that on a matchday and an event at the NEC. There is nowhere in the west midlands conurbation anyone could build a 60k stadium and get to and from it easily, it is not possible.

It took me over an hour to Solihull Hospital last Friday and it is only 12 miles away, It Took 45 mins to get back by going around the m42/m5 loop back to J3 M5 and off at Quinton. Bloody nightmare imagine that on a matchday and an event at the NEC. There is nowhere in the west midlands conurbation anyone could build a 60k stadium and get to and from it easily, it is not possible.
Yep, even our national al stadium is a pain.

Bringing people in with a track record of I frastructute and building stadiums is just a little bit of a giveaway don't you think. I just don't get any comfort when hearing people in the club like Chris Heck talking of Aston being a dump and not built to accommodate the modern stadium of around 50-60k, why, we won't even fill the bloody corners in!

Bringing people in with a track record of I frastructute and building stadiums is just a little bit of a giveaway don't you think. I just don't get any comfort when hearing people in the club like Chris Heck talking of Aston being a dump and not built to accommodate the modern stadium of around 50-60k, why, we won't even fill the bloody corners in!
Yep, stickor twist.

No I don't to be honest. Many of those board members were already known associates of NSWE
And in any case if we wanted stadium building expertise wouldn't we just buy in expertise ? Rather than have them buying shares of the club ?

Has Chris Heck actually said Aston is a dump - I'd be pretty surprised if he he did. At the time the north stand redevelopment was pulled I was sure he said the club was committed to remain in Aston.

I m not 100% sure on this -but I believe historically we applied to fill in the corners -but permission was refused.

I think we try and read to much into these share manoeuvres - I'm sure there is sound reasoning behind it -but imo it's a massive stretch that it's part of some grander plan to construct a super stadium - sale of those shares imo will be something us mortals will never know the full reasoning behind.

No I don't to be honest. Many of those board members were already known associates of NSWE
And in any case if we wanted stadium building expertise wouldn't we just buy in expertise ? Rather than have them buying shares of the club ?

Has Chris Heck actually said Aston is a dump - I'd be pretty surprised if he he did. At the time the north stand redevelopment was pulled I was sure he said the club was committed to remain in Aston.

I m not 100% sure on this -but I believe historically we applied to fill in the corners -but permission was refused.

I think we try and read to much into these share manoeuvres - I'm sure there is sound reasoning behind it -but imo it's a massive stretch that it's part of some grander plan to construct a super stadium - sale of those shares imo will be something us mortals will never know the full reasoning behind.
People haven't pulled on the thread all the way. There is a train station near VP and council-owned land around VP, a council which is highly distressed.

Why couldn't these associates be looking at how to transform Witton Station and have it renamed to Villa Park. Potentially assessing how to increase capacity and looking into other ways to improve transport to the ground.

I hate to sound like a big Yankee but the council falling into distress is an opportunity. If we offered some sort of package with the council where we were almost allowed to do what we want but we'll put money into the city and area they'll find it hard to say no.

Alternatively, if we were to move I would look into how they can move the exterior of the Holte end to the new ground. That kind of brick by brick relocation would cost enormous money but its heritage and its not a listed building. You wouldn't even need all of it just the brick and mosaics. The rest could be recreated, you wouldn't need the steps or rails you'd just rebuild that and put the brickwork walls back in.

Silly thought, Birmingham is bankrupt. What about putting a offer in for the Commonwealth games stadium and expanding that to 75000. It would be cheaper than building one from scratch. There are roads that go to the motorways and there's Perry Bar railway station. Lastly we were once in Perry Bar.
Just a thought.

Alexander Stadium is the home of UK athletics and is the biggest stadium in the UK for it. It’s hosting the European Championships in 2026 too.

Picture of Wes today on the news, could not hear or see what it was about but he had two very big construction vehicles in the background?