Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm

It's getting jumped on when I give an opinion, I can take respectful disagreement if you explain why but it seems people like @Langoe66 just want to bitch about my posts at every opportunity and whinge to point score and then all his buddies back him up. His response wasn't diplomatic, it was more just to try to put down the original point I made which was a valid one. Go and read it back if you want if you genuinely don't know why I'm frustrated.

I’ve got little appreciation for what you think is going on but remember, the ignore function is a thing.

Just use it and move on.

Perhaps someone has already said this somewhere, but surely tomorrow with Dougie Luiz one booking away from a 2 match suspension, should be left out tomorrow, after which I understand those bookings won't count against him as they relate to getting 10 bookings in the first 32 games.

Brentford players will be aware of this and put pressure on him, and he will have to be over careful, restricting his normal game - so just leave him out. We have McGinn back too, and leave Tim in the team.

Perhaps someone has already said this somewhere, but surely tomorrow with Dougie Luiz one booking away from a 2 match suspension, should be left out tomorrow, after which I understand those bookings won't count against him as they relate to getting 10 bookings in the first 32 games.

Brentford players will be aware of this and put pressure on him, and he will have to be over careful, restricting his normal game - so just leave him out. We have McGinn back too, and leave Tim in the team.
Nope, he has to play his best side and get 3 points, leaving player out because he might get booked won't enter Unais head or I doubt it will.

Fair enough Villan 57. He is clearly one of our very best players, and I'm desperate to ensure he is available for the more difficult games ahead. On the bench if we really need him. Anyway, not our decision. Lets wait and see. Hope you're right and he scores the winner. Or I'm right and someone else does!.

Gosh I seem to be the most unpopular poster on here at the moment. Maybe I should crawl into a hole, sure you’d all love that. Seems that’s what you did to Sil given he’s nowhere to be seen now. Used to like this forum but going off it slowly sadly.

Yes I mean XG does generally illustrate who is the better team, use your brain. Ultimately we may have had good moments in all of the games but overall we could have picked up 2-3 points in them instead of the 7 we did (which is still a return lower than our average for the season).

Look I know everyone is in denial to an extent on here but sometimes negative things have to be said in order for us to improve, the manager will be thinking the same thing and has said as such. If we don’t pick up the level of performance we are likely to drop off and not finish 4th. Deal with it.
XG can be a useful stat, but it doesn't account for the match situation. Leeds under the american chap last season for example had a great XG, until you realise it's because teams let them have the ball once they took a lead. They could control the game better.

Emery understands this but based on recent comments, potch isn’t there.

Last edited:
I’ve got little appreciation for what you think is going on but remember, the ignore function is a thing.

Just use it and move on.
Good post.

A reminder to users that if you have some personal beef with another poster, take it to PM to sort our or just put them on ignore and get on with your life.

It's getting jumped on when I give an opinion, I can take respectful disagreement if you explain why but it seems people like @Langoe66 just want to bitch about my posts at every opportunity and whinge to point score and then all his buddies back him up. His response wasn't diplomatic, it was more just to try to put down the original point I made which was a valid one. Go and read it back if you want if you genuinely don't know why I'm frustrated.
I comment on plenty of posts, some I agree with, some I dont. To suggest all I want to do is bitch about your posts and 'point score' is a bit daft. I disagreed with one last week where you commented on us looking like an awful team and the one earlier today. I've just re-read my earlier post and I really cant see what upset you so much tbh but if it offended you, I apologise. It's not personal. You responded by telling me to 'use my brain' and 'deal with it' which I could argue was far more personal than anything I wrote and far from 'diplomatic' either.

Gosh I seem to be the most unpopular poster on here at the moment. Maybe I should crawl into a hole, sure you’d all love that. Seems that’s what you did to Sil given he’s nowhere to be seen now. Used to like this forum but going off it slowly sadly.

Yes I mean XG does generally illustrate who is the better team, use your brain. Ultimately we may have had good moments in all of the games but overall we could have picked up 2-3 points in them instead of the 7 we did (which is still a return lower than our average for the season).

Look I know everyone is in denial to an extent on here but sometimes negative things have to be said in order for us to improve, the manager will be thinking the same thing and has said as such. If we don’t pick up the level of performance we are likely to drop off and not finish 4th. Deal with it.
For God's sake man pull up your big boy pants and get on with it.
And on the point of xg and whatever metrics, just fuck it, it's only the final score line that counts, everything else is immaterial

I think Luiz will play. Mostly because if he gets a 2 game ban, one match will be Arsenal. I'm fully expecting a weakened side ala Man City for that. He might get a rest for that anyway. I have a feeling Unai will prioritise the 2 x Lille games over Arsenal away. Time will tell.

Next 2 games I believe. So leaving him out will only get us half way there.

Just send him out and tell him not to be such a naughty boy. Brentford will be trying to wind him up, so he'll have to take his chill pill before the game.

The lack of strength in depth is because of injuries but if we hadn't had them we'd have a lot of depth to be fair. You mention Liverpool but they've also had to play youngsters because of injuries, Bradley, Qansah, they had a whole midfield three of youngsters at one point because of injuries to first teamers.

Most teams have had bad injuries this season because of the stupidly long stoppages, Luton and Wolves did when we played them (Wolves had none of their front three plus their main central defender) and Brentford have had some very bad injuries this season including pretty much their entire defence.

I know it's cool to think injuries have only plagued us and they haven't been kind I agree, but other teams have also had bad injuries and still managed to maintain good performances.
Think Yanited have been plagued by longer term injuries this season, but loads of other teams have had players missing for much shorter terms than ourselves. Liverpool lost Van Dyke for the season a couple of years back and he was so influential they sucked all season. Not suggesting we've had an injury to such a crucial player, but to me we've had some rotten luck with long term injuries. Ramsey hasn't really got started this year, Kamara is a crucial wheel in the cog and Moreno hasn't been the same after missing half the season. I can see the argument that Mings and Buendia were peripheral, but h they'd have been crucial at certain times this season.

Your correct of course that injuries happen to all teams, but we've somehow managed those disruptions better than most. I think the main points made on here are around the press not noticing that we have got those injuries whereas Liverpool, Spurs and United's plight has been continually rammed down everyone's throat at every opportunity as a potential excuse.

You are talking about the forum as one. It isn't. It is made up of 100's of individuals. Some like what we say, some dislike what we say, no one has to be told to 'deal with it' like everyone but you has the same opinion. There isn't an entity that amalgamates us all into one to 'all' love you crawling into a hole.

You've always struck me as a good new addition, Langoe has always been a great member on here.

Just stake your view, argue your case, some will agree, some won't.

I was against Lambert from the start, 95.75% of people disagreed with me, that didn't make me hated, I just had a different view that I argued my case over, others argued their case against my opinion. Simples.

Oh and then I was right and everything went well in the Universe again.

Really looking forward to this match, still not got used to not going, but it is what it is. Man City loss didn't dent me in the slightest, especially with a makeshift side. This one is back to the realms of the sort we really need to win, if we want to keep in this fight for 4th - which obviously we do.

Think Yanited have been plagued by longer term injuries this season, but loads of other teams have had players missing for much shorter terms than ourselves. Liverpool lost Van Dyke for the season a couple of years back and he was so influential they sucked all season. Not suggesting we've had an injury to such a crucial player, but to me we've had some rotten luck with long term injuries. Ramsey hasn't really got started this year, Kamara is a crucial wheel in the cog and Moreno hasn't been the same after missing half the season. I can see the argument that Mings and Buendia were peripheral, but h they'd have been crucial at certain times this season.

Your correct of course that injuries happen to all teams, but we've somehow managed those disruptions better than most. I think the main points made on here are around the press not noticing that we have got those injuries whereas Liverpool, Spurs and United's plight has been continually rammed down everyone's throat at every opportunity as a potential excuse.
And that's what makes Unai so special, doesn't bitch or moan about injuries/suspensions etc just gets on with it and makes the most of what's at his disposal ,perfect sign of a quality manager. We're blessed to have him

And that's what makes Unai so special, doesn't bitch or moan about injuries/suspensions etc just gets on with it and makes the most of what's at his disposal ,perfect sign of a quality manager. We're blessed to have him
Unai,s no excuse culture at work. He appears to have made the rest believe in it. A lot is in the mind at the top level.

Well I think if Luiz plays he will get booked because its Brentford who will wind him up like mad. That's what they do. Luiz didn't get booked in that mad game at Brentford in December, but then again didn't play ........... cos he was banned for yellow cards!

There has been a drop off in form. Some of the stuff we played pre Christmas was as good as I can remember in recent years.

We are competing at the top end of the best league in the world. It's nearly all against teams with at least twice the income. I'm actually surprised and delighted we have not dropped off more.

Factor in we are having to do Europe as well for the first time in years, there in lies the demands. I watch Liverpool for example and there subs at times are Salah, Gapko,Luiz etc. Now compare with ours?

This strength in depth is from years of competing at the top and the associated extra income it's that simple. I'm hoping Unai can shuffle the troops to get us over the line. As I've said before Unai is becoming a victim of his own success in some eyes. Not a reference to anyone in particular BTW.

The games against West Ham and Brighton live long in the memory.

We are way off those kinds of performances at the moment but the number of games and injuries have taken their toll. We just need to grind out another 4 or 5 wins, starting today.

:utv: