Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient

It was a very long 7-8 minutes of 6 minutes added time, especially having to defend the set pieces where they launched it with the keeper up. Didnt deserve the three points today at all but sometimes things just align.
It was... especially Watching on ifollow as Hortin once again didn't know how many minutes of injury time had been given.. (or any Orient players names, or any latest scores).

It was... especially Watching on ifollow as Hortin once again didn't know how many minutes of injury time had been given.. (or any Orient players names, or any latest scores).

...or that Shrewsbury had equalised at Oxford. Despite knowing Boston's score and repeating it 30 times.

He couldn't even identify Max Sanders until halfway through the game.

He really is appalling.

Massive game Monday now, especially with Carlisle doing well all be it letting a 2 goal lead slip at home to Stevenage but also beating posh 3-1 today

That was Stevenage part 2 until they started pushing for it in the last 15. They really did a job on us in shutting down any attacking ambition we had. But I celebrated Joven's goal like we had won the league. I am so pleased for the lad too and it was a very well taken goal.

Last edited:
I can’t believe I’m saying this but I reckon I’d even prefer to listen to a loop of Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon than Hortin again.

Well that was a massive 3 points today. Two very evenly matched teams effectively cancelled each other out. Orient had a few chances without causing issues until, they had a snap shot on the edge of the box. Jenson, unsighted, pulled off a magnificent stop pushing the ball to safety. A stop as good as a goal. The game looked to be edging towards the ‘if we can’t score, don’t concede’ stage, especially when Joe was brought off. The whole crowd was with him in his frustration, but yet again, it was a master stroke from Skoobs, and young Jovian scored the goal that will surely move him from squad player to a player you’d be happy to have in the starting line up. He closed down their defender and deservedly won the ball. Had the sense to look up and push into the danger area. With options ahead of him, he had the confidence to drive the ball across the keeper and send the Bank wild. A great finish and greatly deserved. It was just a case of being disciplined for the final minutes and it was a a huge 3 points ground out. This is what it’s about. Onto Monday and another tough un. Come on lads 👊💥👏😃😃😃😃

To be honest, I thought Orient came with a plan to stop us but not much more; they were very limited and struggled to create much beyond shots from outside the box. They have now scored one goal in five games and it shows.
I do agree, but I do think that before the goal they created more.

Really good result, especially with the midfield issues.

Credit to Orient who have had 2 weeks to look at how we took sides apart last 3 games and played a completely different formation to what we expected and it worked…..up to a point. Credit to Skubala for attacking subs, finishing an important game like that with two homegrown kids up front, amazing really.
Our recent run of results is just incredible, I’m losing track. If there were more games left we would be pushing to overtake Barnsley & Posh

Well that was a massive 3 points today. Two very evenly matched teams effectively cancelled each other out. Orient had a few chances without causing issues until, they had a snap shot on the edge of the box. Jenson, unsighted, pulled off a magnificent stop pushing the ball to safety. A stop as good as a goal. The game looked to be edging towards the ‘if we can’t score, don’t concede’ stage, especially when Joe was brought off. The whole crowd was with him in his frustration, but yet again, it was a master stroke from Skoobs, and young Jovian scored the goal that will surely move him from squad player to a player you’d be happy to have in the starting line up. He closed down their defender and deservedly won the ball. Had the sense to look up and push into the danger area. With options ahead of him, he had the confidence to drive the ball across the keeper and send the Bank wild. A great finish and greatly deserved. It was just a case of being disciplined for the final minutes and it was a a huge 3 points ground out. This is what it’s about. Onto Monday and another tough un. Come on lads 👊💥👏😃😃😃😃
Really wish I could have been at the bank for that goal! What a moment.

Can't believe we won that. I couldn't see where a goal was coming from for us and if anything I thought they might nick one. Almost a perfect away performance from Orient but one mistake and a brilliant finish from Makama made the difference. All three of our rivals dropping points was the icing on the cake. It's in our hands now and with Erhahon coming back we've got every chance.

Our recent run of results is just incredible, I’m losing track. If there were more games left we would be pushing to overtake Barnsley & Posh
P14 W9 D5 L0 F28 A4 Pts 32

Last 8 games: P8 W7 D1 L0 F23 A1 Pts22

I am not sure Barnsley and Peterborough are entirely out of reach - 7 points clear of us but the gap is closing rapidly. We were 17 behind Peterborough on NYD.

Peterborough still have to play Orient, Oxford and Bolton; Barnsley have to play Stevenage, Portsmouth and Blackpool (all away).