Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
JAB-Bristol-Rovers-h-16-03-24-8-scaled.jpg

So, we're back at home again, this time versus Leyton Orient in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the summary of what Michael Skubala said ahead of the match (link below).

- Read the Q&A with a Shrewsbury Town supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Enjoy a great game folks. Packed ground should be electric!!

Can't be there or even follow today, at a funeral in Edinburgh.

Monday will be tricky too as setting off in the campervan (the spoils of retirement!) for two weeks in the Highlands...

Come on you Imps let's have all three points !!!!!!!!!!!! ©

Setting off in the next 30 mins via some family commitments to a packed Sincil Bank.

Hoping we can keep this streak going with 3 more points, that will end a personal run of 14 games without a win and 6 successive home draws, so come you Imps, let's do this!!

Sorry to hear about your lost one Barney i live in Edinburgh i look out my flat window and Hibernian football ground is about 800 yards away lol Let hope we get another 3 points Stevenage and Blackpool 2 tough games for them

Enjoy a great game folks. Packed ground should be electric!!

Can't be there or even follow today, at a funeral in Edinburgh.

Monday will be tricky too as setting off in the campervan (the spoils of retirement!) for two weeks in the Highlands...

Enjoy your hols Barney and here’s to 6 points over the long weekend. Imps 4ever

Every year have at least one trip to the Highlands, love to see Suilven, my favourite Munro. The whole of the Assynt is beautiful, and you’re too early for the midges. Enjoy.

As for today, will be turning up expecting some excitement, goals and a win. How different to the pre-Skubala era. Come on City…

Is it just me, or does this game seem bigger than any we have had for a long while.

Not sure whether it is the run, suddenly being in touching distance of the play-offs, playing a team we have to beat, the full ground and iPlayer, or just not having had a game for 2 weeks, but there seems to be a definite hype around today.

For reference,

5Barnsley382011770482271
6Oxford United391891262521063
7Stevenage3917111151401162
8Lincoln3916131056332361
9Blackpool391791357421560
10Orient391610134444058

Barnsley vs Cambridge United
Derby vs Blackpool
Lincoln vs Orient
Shrewsbury vs Oxford United
Stevenage vs vs Bolton Wanderers

So, if things go to form, we may not be in 6th by the end of the day, but we could be in 7th, above Stevenage and with clear ground between us Blackpool and Orient.

On the downside, a loss, coupled to wins by Oxford and/or Stevenage and we are suddenly 4 or 5 points adrift of 6th and level on points with Orient. We could even drop to 9th with a win by Blackpool.

Fine lines indeed and all to play for today.

Nervous today. Really want the win but can see it being 1-1. Erahon is a massive loss, who I don’t think we have a proper replacement for.

I’ll be watching on ifollow today, would love to be there!

It is a massive game with a sell out crowd. No Ethan also makes me nervous but we just need to find a way to win.

A 1-0 off an Orient players arse is as good as a 6-0 at this point.

Probably would go Teddy in the CM role with an understanding he needs help from others and won’t be able to do the defensive work of Erhahon. Teddy is an intelligent footballer and enables us to get attacking moves going quickly.

Don’t know why but this reminds me of the Forest Green game in the National league where Power gave one away early but we still won.

UTI

10 games ago I said to a few friends that two games stood out to me as pivotal in the remainder of the season. Today was one of them, the other was Oxford away.

Sorry to hear about your lost one Barney i live in Edinburgh i look out my flat window and Hibernian football ground is about 800 yards away lol Let hope we get another 3 points Stevenage and Blackpool 2 tough games for them
My partner, Gaynor, used to work in the Hibs club, behind the bar, 20 or so years ago.

Every year have at least one trip to the Highlands, love to see Suilven, my favourite Munro. The whole of the Assynt is beautiful, and you’re too early for the midges. Enjoy.

As for today, will be turning up expecting some excitement, goals and a win. How different to the pre-Skubala era. Come on City…
Love it up there. Had some time last summer at Big Sand, exploring around. Camas Mor beach featured in our ambles...

Well, I'm at the Treaty for pre-match drinks! @Eweimps will be joining me here later as will at least one more I know of!