Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient

We struggled a bit didn't we, didn't get going at all but you can't have it all your own way - what a big three points that could turn out to be!

Had 0-0 written all over it, they made it a very scrappy game and came for a point. It was an Erhahon, McGrandles, Hamilton type of one and of course none of those were available today, so in that respect it panned out how you would expect to and the midfield we had out couldn't get to grips with their physicality or outnumbering us.

Draper gave Beckles and their other CB a different type of challenge when he came on and it could have been tiredness or complacency but they started to try and step in front of Draper, and latterly Makama, and that was where the goal came from I think (it's a blur until I see it again!).

Jenson and Roughan had absolute mares today with their distribution. I know it was a little windy but Jenson in particular had a sand wedge for a football boot.

We struggled to get going, we didn't have the answer, or probably options, to change too much but we were excellent defensively again.

Thought Orient were a bit of a weird side, I don't really know what style of play they were going for. They outnumbered us in midfield so were tidy in possession at times and played out from goal kicks but only passed sideways - anything that went forward was either overhit, a long throw or a set piece. They had enough about them to keep us on our toes but aside from one shot that Jenson tipped around for a corner and a header over the bar, I can't remember too much?

Their number 8 was excellent in the '6'.

Well drilled side Orient. Did their homework on us and made our life very difficult. Lack of Ethan was evident too. I though we were second best first half.

Started playing bit better after halftime.
Especially after Freddie gave them something else to think about when he came on.

Then one of the sweetest moments of the season followed by longest seven minutes of the season happened....

So pleased for Jovon. That will do him world of good.

Main thing is hat despite struggling and suffering at times we found the way to win it

Not many things in life are better than last minute winner for the Imps ...😊

I bet the Orient fans love us! They were fairly keen after the matches at their place but to have been robbed like that, they'll love us to bits!

It's a funny old game!!

And to add a couple of things, we missed Erhahon being able to take ball off the defence today. It's not like for like having Bishop in there, even if he's also decent on the ball.

Also, against Bristol Rovers we were quite open in midfield with Mandroiu and Moylan playing really high and wide in pockets, almost as 10's (see where Moylan picks the ball up for Taylor's goal from Sorenson's cross), but today it was much tighter and deeper. That may have been because of Orient but I suspect there was an element of tactical about it, too.

...or that Shrewsbury had equalised at Oxford. Despite knowing Boston's score and repeating it 30 times.

He couldn't even identify Max Sanders until halfway through the game.

He really is appalling.
I don’t know why anyone listens to him. The Orient commentary today was superb: knowledgeable, on-subject and completely fair. Yes, they wanted Orient to win but they never failed to give an unbiased account of who was doing what to what effect.

I agree but not the two evenly matched teams. And it is purely semantic. They were set up with the sole intention of stopping us, which they did. That it is why it is purely semantic.
If you look at the match stats, Orient were ahead on all bar the crucial one, doesn't suggest a team parking the bus. They were heavily reliant on set pieces for their chances, but were looking to create them.

Jensen was the busier keeper but aside from that brilliant unsighted save low to his right all his work looked straight forward - at least he made it look that way. What a keeper he is. Keep it to nil and 3 points are only 1 brilliant moment away.

To think we’ve only conceded 1 goal in 8 games, which was just a consolation for Barnsley. And as I remember the defence were furious to concede then

Kennedy's only legacy. He hadn't a clue about tactics or attacking football, but he knew the importance of a solid defence. And we have one of the best for many years - with two equally talented defenders in Jackson and TJ on the bench.