Good Morning Thread | Page 886 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Just checked, Dua Lipa is Friday, Coldplay are Saturday and there is a hip-hop/R&B act by the name of SZA on Sunday, never heard of him/her/them!
ThanksTQ .
In the last two years the Sunday night slot has been Paul McCartney and last year , Elton John . Both were brilliant .

It’s about the only part we ever watch .

…. You have to be careful now with him/ her/ them !!!!!!!! They !!! Does my head in !

Morning All
Well sitting 'knackered' after a busy weekend, Firday was pretty decent if low key affair, last nite however was 'Bedlham' but in a good way, we didn't play one slow song, they were dancing from song one, by the time, we were doing 'Make me Smile' (For Stev Harley) they were on the tables. It was a real old sing along night. Plus I met a few friends from work, that I haven't seen in 10 years, happy days.
Good nite all round.
Must admit I don't think I could do every weekend tho '🤣

Considering buying tickets for Van at the Botanic this May. Haven't seen him in years so wouldn't mind a trip down memory lane once again.

ThanksTQ .
In the last two years the Sunday night slot has been Paul McCartney and last year , Elton John . Both were brilliant .

It’s about the only part we ever watch .

…. You have to be careful now with him/ her/ them !!!!!!!! They !!! Does my head in !
Yeah, Sunday headline is a bit disappointing for lots of people I'm sure but I guess there will be some who will welcome it. The organisers no doubt do their best to keep all age groups happy but it will be a bit of an anti-climax for me rather than going out with a bang.

Last edited:
Considering buying tickets for Van at the Botanic this May. Haven't seen him in years so wouldn't mind a trip down memory lane once again.
Be careful, he's dangerous

Botanic Gardens is a good venue for a gig, especially when the weather's good. I see his other gigs are at the colluden, although not sure where they set up the stage for it as I'd imagine the indoor venue would be too small

Be careful, he's dangerous

Botanic Gardens is a good venue for a gig, especially when the weather's good. I see his other gigs are at the colluden, although not sure where they set up the stage for it as I'd imagine the indoor venue would be too small
It's a dinner plus which means tickets are going for £200+. At £55 & just up the road (Botanic) i'll take my chances.

I'm well aware he can be a moody so & so at times but get him on a good night & magic happens.

Re Van the Man
Yup nasty wee bugger at times, truely unlikeable from what I've heard.
I have several issues with him.
He sorta seemed to forget all about touring in Northern Ireland during 'The troubles' yet in the 90's made, an amazing come back, now no one else wants him, you can't beat him away.
My other issue is that if you actually listen to his songs
'Tupelo Honey' is just a re work of 'Crazy Love' and 'Someone Like you' is just a, re working of 'Have I told you Lately'.
There are a few other which I can't bring to mind just now, but in his day the guy was a great song writer.
But I feel in both performances and song writing, he's going thru the motions just now.

So.......the British Board of Film Classification has updated it's criteria in line with changes in society, as a result Mary Poppins has been re-classified from a U rating to PG because of possible discriminatory language.

You really couldn't make it up, is it April the First already?

Re Van the Man
He sorta seemed to forget all about touring in Northern Ireland during 'The troubles' yet in the 90's made, an amazing come back, now no one else wants him, you can't beat him away.
'Tupelo Honey' is just a re work of 'Crazy Love' and 'Someone Like you' is just a, re working of 'Have I told you Lately'.
There are a few other which I can't bring to mind just now, but in his day the guy was a great song writer.
But I feel in both performances and song writing, he's going thru the motions just now.
They all are at that age Niall.

He has had his moments.

I remember hearing he once played a new album in its entirety & refused to play any of his hits. Clearly something was wrong that night. I've also heard he played a full set with his back to the audience. Apparently he's not the only one guilty of doing that.

Re Van the Man
Yep Niall, never liked him for not playing during the Troubles. Rory Gallagher was my big hero. Fantastic concerts in the Ulster Hall.

Yep Niall, never liked him for not playing during the Troubles. Rory Gallagher was my big hero. Fantastic concerts in the Ulster Hall.
Rory Gallagher.....jeez, a name from the past. I remember having a drink with him a couple of times in Cork back in the early 70's. He was an acquaintance of a friend of mine so I never actually knew him as such...But obviously knew of him. Real nice down to earth guy if memory serves correctly.

This country gets dafter by the day, talk now of offering a group of workers an additional 1.8% on their payrise to compensate them for not being able to work from home!

Thanks TQ.

Ex told me he hasn't been heard from.
No, it's 15 days now since he last posted. He said he had experienced a cardiac episode and had an appointment with the cardio team at the hospital the following day, so 14 days ago. We don't know anything more at the moment.