Good Morning Thread | Page 885 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

If something has happened to PY, Mrs PY must be totally devasted. I'm sure she knows many on VS from what PY has told her and would understand our concern.
Hey Geof, just been indulging in a glass or two of red and watching some music videos as I usually do on a Friday evening. I was a big fan of the Moody Blues back in the day and looked backed over some of their music and it brought your verse to mind. I reckon if you had been musical your work would have been very similar to theirs.

Hi TQ.
I posted that I had got a pool table a few weeks ago. Now I like to hit some balls around while I play some of my old vinyl LPs .... mostly 60s stuff. Dylan, CCR, Baez, Neil Young, Arlo Guthrie, Simon and G, Presley, Cliff, Buddy Holly, Marty Robbins, Hank Williams, among many, many others. I have 45s with Adam faith, Billy Fury, Marty Wilde, Anthony Newley, Shadows, Brenda Lee, Paul Anka, et al. And when I play a game against my daughter we usually listen to some opera arias. It's a good way to play pool!

And not forgetting Eva!!

I've written about 250-300 poems and songs over the years. Many of the poems have been published. I seem to prefer writing stories to amuse myself lately. I think it keeps me sane!

Last edited:
If something has happened to PY, Mrs PY must be totally devasted. I'm sure she knows many on VS from what PY has told her and would understand our concern.
It is the weirdest thing , him not being around .

As I said , I’ve found out that he doesn’t have a smart phone , and uses a laptop to post on here .
I’m clinging to that is why he hasn’t been in touch .
I’m very tuned in to the ‘intrusion’ part of all this ,and honestly , if we do find out anything , I will be the first to go and talk to his wife , but with total care and consideration .

As I said , I’ve found out that he doesn’t have a smart phone , and uses a laptop to post on here .
I’m very tuned in to the ‘intrusion’ part of all this ,and honestly , if we do find out anything , I will be the first to go and talk to his wife , but with total care and consideration .
I use a laptop too, Walt. I think you have to be smart to use a smart phone. That lets me out!

Good on yah Walt....please be sure to give him and his missus wishes on our behalf of course if you manage to track him down mate!

Busy weekend just now, was in Cypress Avenue Belfast last nite playing for a couple of hours, then Sunday we're in The North Down TT lounge for another gig, haven't played two weekend gigs in years, just don't want to do too many (as it's really just a hobby) but since it's, 'Paddy's Weekend' why not.
We'll stick in a few 'folky' choon for the occasion.
Have a good weekend folks, Happy Paddy's day.
Stay safe.
Just hope we get some good new on PY soon 🙏

Busy weekend just now, was in Cypress Avenue Belfast last nite playing for a couple of hours, then Sunday we're in The North Down TT lounge for another gig, haven't played two weekend gigs in years, just don't want to do too many (as it's really just a hobby) but since it's, 'Paddy's Weekend' why not.
Stay safe.

Enjoy the craic.

Had a gig last night. Myself and the lead guitarist were having fun passing the "team" mandolin between us. He did Useta Love her and Dirty Ole Town. I did Galway Girl and Whiskey in the Jar. He also sung Don't Like Mondays with yours truly on the keys.

Stay safe.
Just need an Irish win in the six nations against the Scots.

Enjoy the craic.

Had a gig last night. Myself and the lead guitarist were having fun passing the "team" mandolin between us. He did Useta Love her and Dirty Ole Town. I did Galway Girl and Whiskey in the Jar. He also sung Don't Like Mondays with yours truly on the keys.
Can't beat a good Saw Doctors song!

Well SP you know where we are Sunday, chum.
It's a decent wee bar with a good restaurant above it.
Mention my name and Nicky will look after you.
Good win for the, Irish today..
Still worried about PY.
The Noble? If so it's a great spot for a night out with friends. It's still bookings only yeah?

No M8 Noth Down TT Comber.
Nice food upstairs, we play in the bar down stairs, usually a, good atmosphere, mind you we usually do May bank holiday there 🙄, so better weather.