The Taming of the Shrews: The sequel. | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Taming of the Shrews: The sequel.

There were minimal injury stoppages in that second half and "loads of subs" consisted of Shrewsbury making 4 in one move on 69 minutes along with one other, the last Shrewsbury sub w as as the added time board went up plus we made 2 changes on 74 minutes plus 2 others, so subs took part on only 4 occasions. Eleven minutes added was ridiculous.

Let's balance that against what happened v Exeter last week, we made 3 changes at half time which did not contribute to any added time, we made a further 2 changes on separate occasions, Exeter made 4 substitutions all single changes at different times in that second half making the total number of stoppages for subs as 6, yet that referee deemed 4 minutes added time was enough, despite Exeter and their goal keeper wasting copious amounts of time.

That is clear evidence of what MIW says Maloney should be bringing up with the EFL is spot on and you are wrong to defend/explain an incompetent referees decisions, this new rule of adding more times to games is subjective and down to the opinion of a referee, if it continues it should be with an independent timer as in rugby.

We can whinge & moan about the standards / double standards of incompetent EFL Officials, majority of occasions justifiably so, but unless SM becomes like the overbearing & obnoxious Steve Evans then we will get absolutely nothing from these inept tw@ts. Even your point on the injury time differences are spot on....it's a bloody lottery on what goes up on the 4th officials board....very, very rarely does it reflect what's gone on in the game & is so inconsistent. An independent timer as you suggest SCM sounds like common sense so don't expect the EFL to look at that possibility anytime soon 😉

There were minimal injury stoppages in that second half and "loads of subs" consisted of Shrewsbury making 4 in one move on 69 minutes along with one other, the last Shrewsbury sub was as the added time board went up. We made 2 changes on 74 minutes plus 2 others, so subs took part on only 4 occasions.

Let's balance that against what happened v Exeter last week, we made 3 changes at half time which did not contribute to any added time, we made a further 2 changes on separate occasions, Exeter made 4 substitutions all single changes at different times in that second half making the total number of stoppages for subs 6, yet that referee deemed 4 minutes added time was enough, despite Exeter and their goal keeper wasting copious amounts of time.

Eleven minutes added time yesterday was ridiculous.

That is clear evidence of what MIW says Maloney should be bringing up with the EFL is spot on and you are wrong to defend/explain an incompetent referees decisions, this new rule of adding more times to games is subjective and down to the opinion of a referee, if it continues it should be with an independent timer as in rugby.
spot on. wich is one up from corect.
even using the ol rule of thumb of 30 secs per sub. 8 subs is only 4 mins. geting to 11 mins for time aded on was a blatent atempt to allow shrews to score. there is no other reeson.

theyve caught on the fact peeple are seeing the number of fouls per cards we are getting and are trying sommart different. the ref saw them in are half and all them corners and thot he would equalize the game. i no it sounds conspirecy but it looked as ovbeous as the nose on his face.
sean needs to get someone to reely, reely look into this.

Thought the referee was very good yesterday. Quit the victim complex and stop moaning.

Inconsistency in application is the problem, the question of time keeping can never be resolved until a separate and independent time keeper is appointed, as it has been in RL & to a lesser extent RU, with clear indications from the referee to the time keeper than can be seen by all.
Having said that I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement though, with the different degrees of 'cumulative' timewasting that take place. Wasn't at Shrewsbury yesterday, but I reckon that significant timewasting in the Exeter game started at about 18 minutes by the keeper - that the referee of the day did very little about. Mind you, we waste just as much time every time there is a throw-in.........

Last edited:
Thought the referee was very good yesterday. Quit the victim complex and stop moaning.

Absolute bollocks on the 'victim complex'....we've had more than our share of totally incompetent officials, if you've not seen that then u must be watching different games from the rest of us. I've got no qualms if they're not getting it correct on some occasions so long as it's consistent....but 9 times out of 10 they're so inconsistent it's bloody embarrassing.....read SCM's post re the injury time added n that's the efl all over...useless, inconsistent & god damm amateurish

I still think we’d look far better balanced if we tried J Smith on the left and Jones on the right. I’d also prefer to see Godo cutting in from the left as he doesn’t look anywhere near as threatening on the right. Next game I’d be tempted to go with

Tickle

Hughes
Kerr
Chambers

Jones
M Smith
Adeeko/S Smith
J Smith

Aasgard
Magennis/Kelman
Godo

I still think we’d look far better balanced if we tried J Smith on the left and Jones on the right. I’d also prefer to see Godo cutting in from the left as he doesn’t look anywhere near as threatening on the right. Next game I’d be tempted to go with

Tickle

Hughes
Kerr
Chambers

Jones
M Smith
Adeeko/S Smith
J Smith

Aasgard
Magennis/Kelman
Godo
Our best run of games came with godo on the left and humps on the right.

Godo has been very disappointing these couple of weeks. I hope he can refind his form

Our best run of games came with godo on the left and humps on the right.

Godo has been very disappointing these couple of weeks. I hope he can refind his form
Perhaps give Humprhys another chance on the right, Godo on the left and put Aasgard in the middle and it could work. None of the central strikers are doing particularly well but Aasgard has been clinical recently. 2 overlapping wingbacks (Jones and J Smith) and wide players who cut inside (Humphrys and Godo) could cause the opponent a few problems. I feel we really need to work on our shape (on and off the ball) if we’re to improve as we look very disjointed sometimes. Having a bit more width and players who look to go forward could help as sometimes we end up being very defensive.

Last edited:
We can whinge & moan about the standards / double standards of incompetent EFL Officials, majority of occasions justifiably so, but unless SM becomes like the overbearing & obnoxious Steve Evans then we will get absolutely nothing from these inept tw@ts. Even your point on the injury time differences are spot on....it's a bloody lottery on what goes up on the 4th officials board....very, very rarely does it reflect what's gone on in the game & is so inconsistent. An independent timer as you suggest SCM sounds like common sense so don't expect the EFL to look at that possibility anytime soon 😉
I cannot see any evidence of being allowed more than two substitutes in a match in improving the game. Its infuriating as a spectator seeing the amount of time wasted in making mass substitutions in a match. Its also annoying to see this used as a tactic to purposely slow a game down and change momentum. Its getting to a stage now that when the match is stopped we will be seeing picnic tables and cakes brought out for players to go with their drinks as they all saunter over accompanying the players being substituted. If timers where brought in and every bit of dead time recorded then the matches would take even longer.

Absolute bollocks on the 'victim complex'....we've had more than our share of totally incompetent officials, if you've not seen that then u must be watching different games from the rest of us. I've got no qualms if they're not getting it correct on some occasions so long as it's consistent....but 9 times out of 10 they're so inconsistent it's bloody embarrassing.....read SCM's post re the injury time added n that's the efl all over...useless, inconsistent & god damm amateurish
No Jock I’ve had enough of it. It’s embarrassing, the conspiracy of it all. No referee is “out to get Wigan Athletic”. Rick Parry isn’t sitting at EFL headquarters with a white cat like a Bond villain instructing referees to fuck us over. Every team and supporter in the league has to deal with shit officials. Get the fuck on with it

Perhaps give Humprhys another chance on the right, Godo on the left and put Aasgard in the middle and it could work. None of the central strikers are doing particularly well but Aasgard has been clinical recently. 2 overlapping wingbacks (Jones and J Smith) and wide players who cut inside (Humphrys and Godo) could cause the opponent a few problems. I feel we really need to work on our shape (on and off the ball) if we’re to improve as we look very disjointed sometimes. Having a bit more width and players who look to go forward could help as sometimes we end up being very defensive.
So you want to replace an in form Jones with an out of form Godo ???

No Jock I’ve had enough of it. It’s embarrassing, the conspiracy of it all. No referee is “out to get Wigan Athletic”. Rick Parry isn’t sitting at EFL headquarters with a white cat like a Bond villain instructing referees to fuck us over. Every team and supporter in the league has to deal with shit officials. Get the fuck on with it
I agree. They're shit, but not necessarily against us.

Both Tickle and Kerr had about 2 mins each, down with injuries. Both were near the end of the game.
4 mins for substitutes.
Maybe that gets us nearer to 11 mins injury time. At the time it did seem excessive.
A tad 'play until the other team scores'

Otherwise I thought the ref tended to favour us (apart from bookings)

last word on the reffing of are games for me. cos it seems its tuching a nerve wi some on heer.
looking over this thred i dont see much whinging about his game manegement. he reffed ok. i think the most damming coment came from abram who acused him of being a bit fussy.
but. ive had a look at other coment bords were weve had more than are fare share of cards for similar ofences on the pitch and seen that others have noticed same stuff about how they 'got lucky'.
its not about consiperecys its about morals. the combined number of yeers on this bord alone of suporters who have seen this sort of shit over the yeers wuld no when theres a rong un in black out there and thats good enuf for me. and as for them being breefed agenst us. nah. i cant see that as parry is alergic to cats. but theres nowt worse than a woman scorned as they sey.
for me it goes wey back to are deys in the prem. fucksake some punters were openly spiting at the fact we were still there after all them yeers and didnt go down like a blackpool. what do they call them. the chattering clases. and it afects everyone including them in black.
that yesterdey wernt about how he maneged the game. it were about were the fuck did he get fucking ELEVEN minutes from. and as everyone on heer. and in other places. we just want to no else we'll not understand if or when it hapens agen. and if it does hapen agen then we have the rite to chalenge it to get answers.
dont want special treetment just a level pleying feeld.