The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 90 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

I had an ultrasound on my left shoulder this morning, the great news is that there is absolutely no tearing to the rotator cuff. The issue I have as a subacromial bursopathy which appears to cause impingement when in very specific positions with weight in my hands.

I'm currently arranging physio therapy. Has anyone on here had this issue?
Is bursopathy to do with the bursur. Silly question I know but Mrs wittonite appointment at hospital today is to do with a bursur problem in her hip that is making life very painful.

I do all the cooking mate and I have weaned them off salt. Nobody moans now. Horrible stuff.
Don't blame you added salt and sugar are not necessary until my senses changed I didn't realise just how salty Bacon is> I tried soaking it overnight and washing the salt out but then it tasted horrible anyway. I loved bacon as well.
I haven't had sugar in drinks since I was 18 but always put salt on my chips but if I do that now I can't eat them.

Is bursopathy to do with the bursur. Silly question I know but Mrs wittonite appointment at hospital today is to do with a bursur problem in her hip that is making life very painful.
Yep exactly that. They are sacks of fluid which surround joints. When they get inflamed they can cause pain and impingements.

Yep exactly that. They are sacks of fluid which surround joints. When they get inflamed they can cause pain and impingements.
I had a cortisone injection in my shoulder after many months of trying to avoid having one as I'd heard they are painful. Our Doctor was so good at it I had to ask if he'd done it! A few days later the pain went.

Like a pro body builder says. You have to separate real foods from edible foods.

Some foods you can ram down your throat....but they are just a bunch of chemicals that are not good for you.

And real foods what mankind have lived on for 1000s of years.

There has to be a reason why cancer has gone from 1/4 to 1/2 in a short space of time.

It's not smoking because that has reduced. It's not drinking because that has reduced. It's the bullshit processed food we eat and all the sugar and god knows what else.

Totally. It really isn't food some of this stuff is it, your body spends more time wondering wtf to do with it, than it can cope with.

I had a cortisone injection in my shoulder after many months of trying to avoid having one as I'd heard they are painful. Our Doctor was so good at it I had to ask if he'd done it! A few days later the pain went.
This is an option if pain becomes too severe but I'm thankfully not at this stage. This became a real issue last Friday, on Monday I paid £200 for an ultrasound and today I have arranged physio therapy via my private health care insurance which starts next week. I'm very fortunate to be able to do this, had I relied on the NHS I would be waiting several months even for diagnostics.

Wife had cortisone injections two months ago. Absolutely no difference. They did however work on a previous occasion.

This is an option if pain becomes too severe but I'm thankfully not at this stage. This became a real issue last Friday, on Monday I paid £200 for an ultrasound and today I have arranged physio therapy via my private health care insurance which starts next week. I'm very fortunate to be able to do this, had I relied on the NHS I would be waiting several months even for diagnostics.
Yep my Son in Law has just had his shoulder operated on under Bupa or whatever, he's been putting it off for months as he was worried his premiums would go up. I told him there was no point paying it if you never use it when you clearly need to.

My weight has been 81.4kg now since early January so I think I've cracked the eating-to-exercise balance. I now intend to do weights to get rid of the bingo wings that the massive weight loss has left me with.
I have 2 or 3 kgs I can play with but nothing I couldn't lose in a month if I wanted to. Now is about toning, I look ok in a compression shirt and shorts but flabby without them.
Kettlebell swing workouts are good but because of the operations, I'm reluctant to do them until the Doc ok's me.
It's a shock being weak as I am as I've always had natural strong arms and legs from doing manual jobs but couldn't pick my 20kg kettlebell up these days never mind swing it, that is how weak weight loss has left me.
Hopefully, I'll get the nod at the end of this month to start some more serious stuff. I have to realise I'm 66 not 36 and be a bit sensible, after all if you regularly have to lift over 25kg in a day you are supposed to use a hoist under Health and safety regs. Not that it stopped me at 26 or 36 walking the length of a workshop carrying a cast iron diesel engine block, with shouts of "use the fcuking trolley you mad bar steward from the rest of the lads!

Will this affect your rankings @sirdennis
Well yes and no , but to be honest I only ever bother about my personal time as I never threaten any of the records anyway. It will understandably anger a few though.

Funnily enough there was a bit of a protest at Cannon Hill last Saturday about this issue but I didn't realise that Park Run and done what they had dome. Yaramouchi also ran and no one knew she was there !!!

Well yes and no , but to be honest I only ever bother about my personal time as I never threaten any of the records anyway. It will understandably anger a few though.

Funnily enough there was a bit of a protest at Cannon Hill last Saturday about this issue but I didn't realise that Park Run and done what they had dome. Yaramouchi also ran and no one knew she was there !!!
Just checked the results.
19.45. Wish I could do that.

Have you tried running any of the different parkruns. What outcome?
Yup we do a bit of tourism now and again. There is a group of about 7-10 of us.

We've done Perry Hall , Walsall ,Oaklands , Stratford , Kingsbury amongst others. Some are harder than others as they are on grass and some have a few hills which obviously make a difference. There trying to get one off the ground at Aston Hall , but it's not really big enough for a 5k and the route is not great. There is a you tube video of it.

Have you been looking ? Did my 300th last week .

My times over the last month have dropped off a bit as I had a pretty bad dose of flu which has taken a while to fully recover from.
No, I don't know your name. I was referring to your post above.