January Window | Page 83 | Vital Football

January Window

What to do with Turner? The goal he let in v Arsenal was unfortunate. He has shown no previous weakness in this situation before. Perhaps just one of those things. It is the erosion of confidence related to his kicking and passing, lis the problem.

Take him out of limelight. Crash course of training, solely based on kicking, moving his feet, passing. Plenty of practice of playing in back four. No goalkeeper practice. He is a good shot stopper and is ok at catching, although interesting that Arsenal crowded him and dropped the ball on his head on every corner. Lots of five a side and seven a side soccer. He can improve.

What to do with Turner? The goal he let in v Arsenal was unfortunate. He has shown no previous weakness in this situation before. Perhaps just one of those things. It is the erosion of confidence related to his kicking and passing, lis the problem.

Take him out of limelight. Crash course of training, solely based on kicking, moving his feet, passing. Plenty of practice of playing in back four. No goalkeeper practice. He is a good shot stopper and is ok at catching, although interesting that Arsenal crowded him and dropped the ball on his head on every corner. Lots of five a side and seven a side soccer. He can improve.
We dont have the luxury of time.

100% agree. This needs to be our first port of call in the summer.

Toffolo is solid but can definitely be improved.
Neco is still young but hasn't proven he can be a starter at rb in this league.
Aina is the best we have on his day but is too inconsistent to be relied upon.
I've seen enough of Montiel and Tavares. Both are error-prone and not good enough.
Have to agree. One for the summer.

yes.

But at this stage you would like to have thought we would have someone lined up.

We have known about Mangala going for weeks so you would like to think they would have done some digging before today.

Rightly or wrongly - I think NES was trying to get away with Turner until the end of the season. The last couple of games will have made his mind up for him - where he has dropped to a new level over incompetence.
I think to everyone it is clear that if we don't replace Turner - it will only end one way

The irony is Turner did well claiming crosses and corners against the gooners. From my rather unusual seat quite literally pitch side in the Trent End I left thinking Turner had a decent game, because I couldn't see anything of the goal he let in.

Then get shut.

Scott McKenna effectively leaving us on a free is dreadful from Forest. He was the best defender in the championship only 2 seasons ago and he’s at a great age at 27 so poor that we can’t get at least £4m for him
I agree - it could have been done better.
Although it was clear last summer when we weren't offering him a new contract that this would be the likely outcome.
The only other thing I would say - if he is as good as you say (I am not disagreeing) why has no championship club shown any interest in him? Even for free

I actually think he is a better option than Worrall - who has only got away with it because 'he is one of our own'

I agree - it could have been done better.
Although it was clear last summer when we weren't offering him a new contract that this would be the likely outcome.
The only other thing I would say - if he is as good as you say (I am not disagreeing) why has no championship club shown any interest in him? Even for free
It's clear that there wouldn't be many clubs wanting to pay a fee for him, and likely knew that we wanted bodies out, and wages off the books.

Does anyone know if Aurier was a fee, and if Origi is actually going?

Holgate to Blades, so maybe Worrall is staying? And Keiffer Moore to Ipswich so he wont be scoring against us this weekend at least

It wasn't a low block performance any more than Man Utd or Newcastle was

We outplayed an extremely good Villa side, who thankfully had a bad day; but so did Newcastle and Man Utd

We didn’t outplay Villa at all
They were all over us and just couldn’t score . We did outplay Man Utd and Newcastle.

I didn’t think the Trent End had any restricted view tickets ? You know because you were at the game and that’s the opinion that counts .

Here’s the stats from that dominant victory over Villa, not that I need stats as my eyes work just fine so this is for your benefit.

Feel free to thank me x

IMG_9187.png