Brentcelona vs forest sponsored by mitigating circumstances | Page 25 | Vital Football

Brentcelona vs forest sponsored by mitigating circumstances

Garth bloody Crooks and his team of the week comments can piss off as well. Twat.

The problem with pundits is that they played the game. That's great for analysis, but they probably spent years cheating themselves. I've seen shirt pulls in the area where the defender "hadn't done enough to warrant a penalty", whereas falling over a leg that is already there is a penalty where the pundits will say "he was really clever there" (i.e he dived).

As for VAR , what is the point of it when vital moments of a game can't be looked at "because the rules say so". If Yates had run out the line and kicked Toney when the ref wasn't looking, would they have ruled that as the ball wasn't in play, VAR couldn't get involved to send him off ? I doubt it .

The view from the Brentford fans. Actually quite funny.

Actually strengthens our case (and the conspiracy theory that we were told to let Toney score!)

If the ref tells us to move back, he maybe checks the position of the FK. But the script has already been written. We just look bad for letting Toney pass it into the net, learning nothing from last year.

To be fair, apart from that stuff Toney deserved MOTM. There was a pass from out right, curved in behind our defence, which was perfection. Maybe thumbs up to our defence that they didn't score.

They had a couple of those chances on the break - because we were like the home side. Massive step up.

Disagree - from that position Toney was always going to shoot, crossing would have to thread the eye of a needle from there.

It's a right footed player taking the free kick and Turner is covering a 1/3 max of his goal - from Toney's own positioning he's not going for the other corner.

The keeper should stay on his post until the Ref has got the wall to 10 yards, that then largely negates him going around it, given the wall will be in correct position - unless he can bend it like Roberto Carlos.

The ref would then see Toney move the ball, if he tried that again & way too hard to go over the wall from that distance.

Don't mind Danillo's position, as they are taught to jump (to negate going over the wall), but CHO is just nowhere and Yates checks with Turner + gesturing about Toney bending it around the wall.

It's not even hit hard, it doesn't need to be because of Turner's position - literally pass it around Yates into bottom corner.
the players could see the fkn ball, not turner

To be fair, apart from that stuff Toney deserved MOTM. There was a pass from out right, curved in behind our defence, which was perfection. Maybe thumbs up to our defence that they didn't score.

They had a couple of those chances on the break - because we were like the home side. Massive step up.
lolololol my ass did he

I don’t buy into the ball move being so crucial.. that wall was utterly pathetic, regardless of him moving it a yard. If turner hadn’t continued to be so utterly incompetent on goal, it wouldn’t have mattered.

I said before it was taken it was a goal because I could see the gap from the tv. Yes Toney shouldn’t have done it, yes Brentford are one of the c****iest teams in the league, but my anger lies firmly at our utter non-league level incompetence when it comes to defending set pieces.
yeah but thats coopers fault and the 14 cb's

The ball missed Yates by inches who by the way shouldn't have jumped to the right, missing him by inches clearly shows the ball being moved 2 feet or so was vital.

Rubbish - they are taught to jump, especially end man - to negate the chance of it going over the wall and why they have Danillo on the floor to stop it going under.

If the wall was correctly positioned OR they brought CHO into the wall - it would have hit the wall.

Credit to Toney (not for the cheating/moving the ball) but getting it around the wall and exploiting the ludicrous gap Turner left..... BASICS!

Why don't you post like that more often.

I'm quite opinionated and found that sometimes my own posts would inflame a situation, so tend to just watch/read.

In this scenario (& I'm not sticking up for Toney he cheated) ... first movement of ball = fine (I've always done that), it's the moving of the foam & then the ball.

I've not only played, but coached a lot too and you tell the keeper that he has to be happy with his wall, as I've kept saying - had Turner stayed on his post until ref turned around after marking out the wall, he would have seen the movement of the ball and placed the wall accordingly.

It's even more galling, that Yates questioned him and showed him what Toney would do.... CHO's position?

Sorry, Turner is the main one to blame.

The reaction from fans and pundits to this has made me fall out of love with this league a little bit.

We have seen pretty much wall to wall defence of really blatent, outrageous cheating. It's our fault for falling victim.

It really disgusts me. And to be honest, I'm tired of it. Tired of the hypocrisy.

You'd think on an issue as clear as this, there would be some consensus for what is right. But no. Just pats on the back for Toney, criticism for us.

If and when we go down, I'm not sure how sad I'll actually be. This league is pretty rancid at times

Completely agree, any other result on Saturday would have upset the Sky narrative - England call up incoming!

Agreed.
Toney comes back after 8 months, blatantly cheats in his first game, everyone sees it and says 'oh how clever of him'.
Souness was on talksport earlier saying 'all footballers cheat' as if that's some kind of justification for it.

When you allow cheating in sport, the sport becomes a competition to see who can cheat the best (see cycling).

Every player cheats!

Rubbish - they are taught to jump, especially end man - to negate the chance of it going over the wall and why they have Danillo on the floor to stop it going under.

If the wall was correctly positioned OR they brought CHO into the wall - it would have hit the wall.

Credit to Toney (not for the cheating/moving the ball) but getting it around the wall and exploiting the ludicrous gap Turner left..... BASICS!
Jump up yes, to the right and leave a bigger gap no.

That is exactly what Yates did, if he had stood still or jumped up the ball would have hit him.

If they all stood still, NO GOAL, how is that Turners fault.

i would be mad with an under 12 keeper for making that mistake let alone a pro keeper in the premier league

darren bent on turner

He told TalkSPORT: “I saw Matt Turner last season for Arsenal and he was awful.

“We’ve seen it before at Forest this season when Turner is trying to play out from the back with his feet, he’s been caught a few times.

“I blame the goalkeeper in that instance. Everyone could see what was going to happen, I blame the Forest players.”

Regardless of who you blame for that goal, the only way to prevent stuff like this happening is for our players to wise up. Refs and opposition aren't going to do us any favours, we've got to look out for ourselves and learn from it. Please god let them actually learn from it...

Jump up yes, to the right and leave a bigger gap no.

That is exactly what Yates did, if he had stood still or jumped up the ball would have hit him.

If they all stood still, NO GOAL, how is that Turners fault.

Sorry - wall lined up incorrectly - obvious, where that was going - even before Toney moved the ball.

The wall is not lined up with post & ball & end man in a straight line, essentially the end player of the wall should be aligned such that the ball is almost visible between the last 2 players in the wall.

All Turner had to do was stay on his post OR when questioned by Yates get CHO to join end of wall - gap was massive and at 50+ as a right footer in that position, I would have fancied my chances of scoring against Turner - there was no way he was making up that distance.