Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 63 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Well, I don't mind being the odd one out here. I approve of the Werner loan idea, should it happen. We need to commit our main resources on getting the backline sorted. A striker, while much needed, would be a bonus in this window and a loan to buy suits all parties.

Timo is quick footed, has dribbling skills and good movement (27 yrs), Almost a clone of Sonny, but at least he would provide us options over the youth that isn't gonna get a chance this season. A point to prove and should suit Angeball. IMO, we need players of his ilk to break down parked buses.
I usually assume the manager knows what he is doing (which is not always so in hindsight) and allow sufficient time for the player to prove himself, or not.

Think he suits Ange ball and as others have said, he’s quick and gives us a better option then Solomon provides. As others have said his finishing since coming over here has been poor but he’s a handful for defenders and will provide a real nuisance value and kee money in the bank for other positions.

Wouldn‘t be my first choice but I can see why he’s attractive to Ange.

I'm much with CS and PY here, he was a very decent player prior to going to the Chavs (see my comments on Chelsea ruining players), I still think there is a good player in there, if Ange can't get his confidence back then it's not like we've wasted 50/60 odd million on a dudd.
Agreed.

The pressure to hit the ground running at Chelsea is ridiculous.

The loan at this stage makes perfect sense.

Son, Richarlison, Johnson, Deki, Werner and Solomon as options in the front 3 is pretty decent.

Werner is a better player than Gil, who as much as I like, I think will end up either sold or going out on loan by the end of the month.

I know many will see it as the typical ‘cheap’ Levy option but I think it could turn out quite shrewd, especially if we get the required CB and CM through the door aswell.

Christ, looks like we will conclude the deal for Werner on loan...!

We will have an option to buy i am told. We supposedly have beaten Manure to signing him.

Ange must be confident he can improve his finishing.

Looks like the deal could be announced early next week, his medical is now booked.
I'm positively stunned. His signing albeit on loan is completely out of the blue. Not sure if it's an inspired move or not but we needed options & we now have one.

Well, I don't mind being the odd one out here. I approve of the Werner loan idea, should it happen. We need to commit our main resources on getting the backline sorted. A striker, while much needed, would be a bonus in this window and a loan to buy suits all parties.

Timo is quick footed, has dribbling skills and good movement (27 yrs), Almost a clone of Sonny, but at least he would provide us options over the youth that isn't gonna get a chance this season. A point to prove and should suit Angeball. IMO, we need players of his ilk to break down parked buses.
16 goals out of 40 appearances last season, so not too shabby. This might be an inspired signing, if we can get it over the line.

Werner seems an odd one to me.

By the middle of February we'll have Kulu, Johnson, Richarlison, Scarlett, Son, Solomon, Sess and Werner competing for 3 forward places. Veliz may be returning a month later.

Maybe there are plans to offload one or two of the above 8 this window? And in anticipation of further injuries?