Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 65 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Farke basically said nothing after promising to be more forthcoming....

"don't want to talk too much right now about Djed because he's back at Tottenham.

We wanted to create new values and culture at the club when we came in the summer.

We wanted Djed in our group to represent Leeds. Our standards are very high. We are pretty picky.

There is no player in the world that is perfect. Each player has strengths and weaknesses. We have to decide who we want.

We have analysed what has happened in the recent months and it is the right decision for us as a club to end the loan.

As long as I am here and in charge, I want us to handle the situation with class and style. We thank Djed for his service and work. We wish him all the best. He's a cool guy with lots of potential. He has got a big heart. He's a really good player but for us it was definitely the right call for us at this moment.

It was not an easy decision. He came in pretty late and then he suffered a long-term injury that kept him out for eight and a half weeks. He was unlucky.

These lads don't need any sympathy. They live a privileged life and earn so much money. Sometimes it is a bit difficult and they are unlucky."
Looks like he's sabotaging his own career. If so he's the biggest muppet i think we'll ever encounter who has ever graced a Spurs shirt. This coming from a person who rates him A LOT.

We've mentioned around here before but sometimes a player just stops being themselves over night.

Dele and torres were prime examples of this. Great one week and then awful the next. They never recovered once broken.

Werner has a goal every 3 games since going back to Germany. In the farmers league, that's pretty woeful.
To be fair to him Barns, this season he’s played approx 393 minutes of football. Just over 4 full games.

He has 2 goals and an assist in that time.

You’re right though, he is probably a 1 in 3 goalscorer throughout his career.

That said though, for me he’s not a No 9. Yes he can play there but I prefer him off the left.

I think he’ll perform well under Ange and if he doesn’t, I’m sure we’ll have a replacement lined up for the summer window.

He will offer us more end product than Gil between now and the summer and it’s Gil’s place in the squad most under threat imo.

Didn't he have a dreadful period at Forest?

No, he didn't he had no exposure at Forest at all...!

They were buying like maniacs bought him and then left him on the bench, he got the raging hump so they let him go back to Rennes, where Sevilla who had previously been tracking him, snapped him up - for whom he has been outstanding...being an integral part fo the side that won the Europa cup; he will not be cheap., I'll be amazed to see Sevilla let him go.

Frankly, Forest didn't know their arse from their elbow, as he has now proved.

edit : he was excellent in the super cup against Mancity which ended 1:1

Last edited:
To be fair to him Barns, this season he’s played approx 393 minutes of football. Just over 4 full games.

He has 2 goals and an assist in that time.

You’re right though, he is probably a 1 in 3 goalscorer throughout his career.

That said though, for me he’s not a No 9. Yes he can play there but I prefer him off the left.

I think he’ll perform well under Ange and if he doesn’t, I’m sure we’ll have a replacement lined up for the summer window.

He will offer us more end product than Gil between now and the summer and it’s Gil’s place in the squad most under threat imo.

I've watched all his highlight reels and many of his parts in their games. This man can play; if he comes to us and shows confidence in his abilities, he too could go to be filed in our 'we got a steal' category.

They were buying like maniacs bought him and then left him on the bench, he got the raging hump so they let him go back to Rennes, where Sevilla who had previously been tracking him, snapped him up - for whom he has been outstanding...being an integral part fo the side that won the Europa cup; he will not be cheap., I'll be amazed to see Sevilla let him go.

Glad someone knows which players are at forest!

Agreed.

The pressure to hit the ground running at Chelsea is ridiculous.

The loan at this stage makes perfect sense.

Son, Richarlison, Johnson, Deki, Werner and Solomon as options in the front 3 is pretty decent.

Werner is a better player than Gil, who as much as I like, I think will end up either sold or going out on loan by the end of the month.

I know many will see it as the typical ‘cheap’ Levy option but I think it could turn out quite shrewd, especially if we get the required CB and CM through the door aswell.
I don’t think we can involve Levy any more in these transfers Shez …. Not after the team he has assembled

Dragusin (if he's anything like VDV), Gallagher and Werner would add incredible depth!

All of a sudden after Sarr and Son get back, we're going to have a bloody marvelous beginnings of a squad!

Vicario,

Porro/Emerson - VDV/Davies - Romero/Dragusin - Udogie/Sess

Bentancur/Biss - Sarr/Gallagher - Maddison/Lo Celso

Kulu/Solomon - Richi/Son - Johnson/Werner

Lovely!
It is the cover for Vicario that is a worry as well . Forster just does not play in the way Vic , or how Ange wants his keeper to play ..
Or has Ange been working on him . He was always better than Hugo with the ball at his feet , but then Sandra was better than Hugo with the ball at her feet .

edit : he was excellent in the super cup against Mancity which ended 1:1

£55m release cause, supposedly. Seems low to me though. They might have meant pricetag.

I don’t think we can involve Levy any more in these transfers Shez …. Not after the team he has assembled
For sure.

My point Walt was that the finger all to often gets pointed at Levy. Especially with these type loan or loan with option deals.

Whoever was involved in the deal, it’s a great piece of business with very little risk or downside.

I look forward to seeing him play for us if we get the deal over the line.

That surely is not the case anymore Barns. Our recent recruits have not been the cheapest , by a long way . A few years ago I would have agreed with you, but not now .
As I posted on another thread it’s hard to take umbrage against the majority of our current signing. How many questioned getting Vic when Raya was allegedly our top target? Porro, Emerson, Romero, VDV, Udogie, Sarr, Bents, &Kulu all very good signings. Biss and Johnson decent with hopefully more to come with Gil & Richi in the let’s hope they come good category. As a group of signings that’s pretty impressive and the majority bought for what are decent fees in the current era.

For sure.

My point Walt was that the finger all to often gets pointed at Levy. Especially with these type loan or loan with option deals.

Whoever was involved in the deal, it’s a great piece of business with very little risk or downside.

I think fans can easily forget "loan fees" and wages though. Having a player on loan obviously isn't a freebie, but fans often talk as if it is.

For sure.

Gotta say i'm intrigued as well. People have written him off as a flop which is a tad unfair i feel, his form has been patchy.

If he can rekindle the kind of form he produced in Germany, we could have ourselves a bit of a bargain here.