Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 62 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Christ, looks like we will conclude the deal for Werner on loan...!

We will have an option to buy i am told. We supposedly have beaten Manure to signing him.

Ange must be confident he can improve his finishing.

Looks like the deal could be announced early next week, his medical is now booked.

We will have an option to buy i am told. We supposedly have beaten Manure to signing him.

Looks like the deal could be announced early next week, his medical is now booked.

I'm ok with this (Ange called to check) the bar is Richi, and that's a very low bar.

If Werner can stay on side/control a football/make a pass, he's a massive upgrade

I'm ok with this (Ange called to check) the bar is Richi, and that's a very low bar.

If Werner can stay on side/control a football/make a pass, he's a massive upgrade
He used to get into some great positions when at the chav's but his conversion rate from shots to goals was dreadful..that said, he has skills and can play through the middle and off the left.

If it's concluded, let's hope we get the best version of him.

He used to get into some great positions when at the chav's but his conversion rate from shots to goals was dreadful..that said, he has skills and can play through the middle and off the left.

If it's concluded, let's hope we get the best version of him.
What's the worst that can happen? He's poor and goes back in 6 months.

He's very good on the left, his movement his better than richi, his basic ability is as well.

Richi tripping over his own feet last night was the final straw for me.

Pressure will be off him at Spurs.

He couldnt hit a barn door when at Chelsea let alone Leipzig ... so thats a great signing I have to say if it happens ... wtf? .. and then he will join a long list of strike failures thru panic buys at Spurs ... I can see the reasoning behind it and agree the pressure would be off his shoulders for once but will that bring goals when even Richy cant even score from open chances. He will be just the same.

Please prove ME WRONG - PLEASE

Ange: We can still let Dier go despite Davies injury​

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou says he is willing to let Bayern Munich target Eric Dier go despite Ben Davies picking up a hamstring injury.
Sky in Germany are reporting that Dier and Bayern have a total verbal agreement, with the 29-year-old being offered a one-and-a-half-year deal by the German champions.
Dier, whose Spurs contract expires this summer, missed Friday night's FA Cup third-round win over Burnley but Postecoglou confirmed he was absent due to an injury with his omission nothing to do with a potential move away.
The Australian said on Dier: "He's injured. He just pulled up sore and didn't train yesterday."
Questioned whether his absence was to do with a potential move to Bayern, Postecoglou responded: "Separate issue mate, but don't question my integrity.
When I say he's injured, he's injured. He didn't train yesterday. I can get Vision [Spurs' training system footage] in for you, you can ask him. It's got nothing to do with anything else."

Asked again about the Bayern links, he said: "I've got no idea. When you ask me whether he's injured, he's injured. I didn't make that up. If he wasn't injured I'd say he wasn't selected. It's easy for me to say.
"He's injured and in terms of anything else that's happening, not on my radar. Not that I've heard of. If there is something I'm sure I'll hear of it, but fair to say in the last 24 hours we've been focusing on the game and the guys that are available."
Asked whether he could afford to lose Dier this month with Davies now injured, Postecoglou simply replied: "Yes."
Meanwhile, Tottenham remain in talks with Genoa over the signing of defender Radu Dragusin.
Spurs have no concerns about Napoli's interest in the Romanian international.
Signing a centre-back remains a priority in the January transfer window for Spurs.

Werner would never be high on my wish list .. I used to laugh at him when he was at the chavs …

Highlights I’ve seen of him at Liepzig haven’t changed my view .

But , if Ange has contacted Socks and they are both onside with this , then what am I worried about ?

He will get plenty of chances with us , and if he converts 10 % more than Rich , then I’m good with that .

Rich last night looked as if he was missing Gogglebox on the tv .his mind was definitely elsewhere .

Can anyone explain what he was doing immediately before Porro scored ? It was totally bizarre!

Ange: We can still let Dier go despite Davies injury​

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou says he is willing to let Bayern Munich target Eric Dier go despite Ben Davies picking up a hamstring injury.
Sky in Germany are reporting that Dier and Bayern have a total verbal agreement, with the 29-year-old being offered a one-and-a-half-year deal by the German champions.
Dier, whose Spurs contract expires this summer, missed Friday night's FA Cup third-round win over Burnley but Postecoglou confirmed he was absent due to an injury with his omission nothing to do with a potential move away.
The Australian said on Dier: "He's injured. He just pulled up sore and didn't train yesterday."
Questioned whether his absence was to do with a potential move to Bayern, Postecoglou responded: "Separate issue mate, but don't question my integrity.
When I say he's injured, he's injured. He didn't train yesterday. I can get Vision [Spurs' training system footage] in for you, you can ask him. It's got nothing to do with anything else."

Asked again about the Bayern links, he said: "I've got no idea. When you ask me whether he's injured, he's injured. I didn't make that up. If he wasn't injured I'd say he wasn't selected. It's easy for me to say.
"He's injured and in terms of anything else that's happening, not on my radar. Not that I've heard of. If there is something I'm sure I'll hear of it, but fair to say in the last 24 hours we've been focusing on the game and the guys that are available."
Asked whether he could afford to lose Dier this month with Davies now injured, Postecoglou simply replied: "Yes."
Meanwhile, Tottenham remain in talks with Genoa over the signing of defender Radu Dragusin.
Spurs have no concerns about Napoli's interest in the Romanian international.
Signing a centre-back remains a priority in the January transfer window for Spurs.
Hey Walt, my impression was Angie got the ump! wiv the prick of a reporter lol!

As for allowing Dier to leave even wiv the injury to Davies, I think Angie knows that Dier could never fit into his all out system of play, plus VdV coming back, Sess back and soon Romero, all things in his mind are covered.

More so if he is confident we will get the Dragon slayer. COYS

Werner would never be high on my wish list .. I used to laugh at him when he was at the chavs …

Highlights I’ve seen of him at Liepzig haven’t changed my view .

But , if Ange has contacted Socks and they are both onside with this , then what am I worried about ?

He will get plenty of chances with us , and if he converts 10 % more than Rich , then I’m good with that .

Rich last night looked as if he was missing Gogglebox on the tv .his mind was definitely elsewhere .

Can anyone explain what he was doing immediately before Porro scored ? It was totally bizarre!
Answer for you Walt...I think it was a re-enaction of Pantomime lol! or even "that's the way to do it" comedy! lol!

Well, I don't mind being the odd one out here. I approve of the Werner loan idea, should it happen. We need to commit our main resources on getting the backline sorted. A striker, while much needed, would be a bonus in this window and a loan to buy suits all parties.

Timo is quick footed, has dribbling skills and good movement (27 yrs), Almost a clone of Sonny, but at least he would provide us options over the youth that isn't gonna get a chance this season. A point to prove and should suit Angeball. IMO, we need players of his ilk to break down parked buses.

Well, I don't mind being the odd one out here. I approve of the Werner loan idea, should it happen. We need to commit our main resources on getting the backline sorted. A striker, while much needed, would be a bonus in this window and a loan to buy suits all parties.

Timo is quick footed, has dribbling skills and good movement (27 yrs), Almost a clone of Sonny, but at least he would provide us options over the youth that isn't gonna get a chance this season. A point to prove and should suit Angeball. IMO, we need players of his ilk to break down parked buses.
Wiv you there CS! I am quite happy to get him, if we do!
Must admit I was surprised when I read he was going to have a medical wiv us.

Think time will tell, loan to buy (y) means we can have a good look at him and you never know he might be just what we are looking for.

Plus I believe it might just take any pressure Richy is feeling off him! COYS

I'm not a fan of Werner but if Ange wants him, I'm fine with it. He will only be a squad player at best anyway.