👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

I was reading an article this morning which, almost indicating surprise at Ange’s success to date, recounted that he was managing in the Japanese league just over 2 years ago. It seemed a denigration of the Japanese league and irs managers. It came to my mind that one Arsenal Wenger was also plucked from the Japanese league I believe by the other lot up the road. He wasn’t too shabby if my memory serves me correctly! No reason why Ange should be either!

Oh well, best start looking for a new manager then!
:LOL:

From Sky:

Where will Ange be at 76 years old? 'On a Greek island'​

Tottenham head coach Ange Postecoglou hails the career of Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson but says, unlike him, he has no plans to still be coaching at the age of 76.

Well we always used to put our wrongun's on boats and send them out there.

On your visa, what did you answer to the "Have you had any convictions in the last 10 years?" question?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Thought that myself muttley, now I know Geof is a wrongun lol!

Only jesting mate, how has the recovery gone wiv all the liquid wastage?

Here with humble pie!
I was critical of us hiring a guy I’d barely heard of, that had no discernible top flight pedigree, no big enticing name & seemed to be 10th on a list of managers that the first 9 or so had “rejected” us.

I was fearful of what this season would bring, including having a GK in place that didn’t instil any faith during pre-season. Then we had the loss of Harry with no replacement. The concern was huge!

Happily I’ve been proven well & truly wrong! From the first game onwards, we’ve been amazing to watch. We’ve played the type of football I love, that’s the spurs identify. I love Postecoglu’s candid, transparent & friendly approach to engagement. He’s direct but considered in the things he says but it’s all rooted in building identity & culture.

The guy seems to have been made for our club & I’ve been bowled over by him so far. We have hurdles to cross & bumps to experience but it’s been years since our fan base was so united. Long may it continue!

Now off to get a form for my pie!!