👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

An interesting bit of data available for all to see from the people at Opta…

During the whole of last season Spurs had 408 total penalty area entries (by pass or carry) however this season Spurs already have 87 (after just four league games).

Also last season there was not one Premier League match where Spurs had more than 20 passes or carries into the penalty area but so far this season they've put up more than 20 in 3 out of 4 matches (only the first game at Brentford being slightly under).

This.

Great stats.

Just shows the difference between a counter attacking set-up/defensive mentality and what we already have this season.

I can't say it enough, what a disastrous waste of time Jose and Cunte were.

What a contrast.

The change we are seeing in how we are playing and in how fast we are implementing the change is downright mind-blowing.

AP is on to something here....we have a built a solid young foundation and are slowly building on it. We are only playing once a week, so that may shield our lack of depth primary concern this season.

Two keys to success are (and always will be):

1 - Having a solid manager off the pitch who instills a positive culture and instills belief and everyone buys in and is pulling in the same direction. (It helps that we finally brought in someone whose style is 'DARE TO DO!!!' LOL)

2 - Having an on the field general. And NO I am not saying this person has to be the Captain. Sonny is a solid Captain so far, but is NOT our field general. This falls to Maddison. Maddison is the critical node.

This team will go as far as AP and Maddison can take us....simple as that.

Onwards and upwards I say.

The change we are seeing in how we are playing and in how fast we are implementing the change is downright mind-blowing.

AP is on to something here....we have a built a solid young foundation and are slowly building on it. We are only playing once a week, so that may shield our lack of depth primary concern this season.

Two keys to success are (and always will be):

1 - Having a solid manager off the pitch who instills a positive culture and instills belief and everyone buys in and is pulling in the same direction. (It helps that we finally brought in someone whose style is 'DARE TO DO!!!' LOL)

2 - Having an on the field general. And NO I am not saying this person has to be the Captain. Sonny is a solid Captain so far, but is NOT our field general. This falls to Maddison. Maddison is the critical node.

This team will go as far as AP and Maddison can take us....simple as that.

Onwards and upwards I say.
Somewhat agree there mate, is this OFF n ON field generals system almost becoming the new Billy Nich' n Danny Blanch? if so it is much needed!

It always makes me nervous when a manager at Spurs wins MotM in the first month. He deserves it though. He's turned a lot of heads this month.
Pretty sure something similar happened to Jose and Antonio.
Nice for Maddison though. I'll bet he's thanking his lucky stars we went in for him.

His latest presser is an absolute masterclass IMHO.
It's all been pretty easy for him so far, results wise.
No pressure. Even the cup exit he was pretty much given a free pass.
But, I can't help but think we need to just ignore the noise one way or the other and let him get on with things in the way he thinks best.

It always makes me nervous when a manager at Spurs wins MotM in the first month. He deserves it though. He's turned a lot of heads this month.
Same as that! Hopefully this guy is blessed by the Football Gods and he bucks the trend.

I mean, those Football Gods have had some fun with us over the years, maybe They've finally tossed us a bone.

He's doing a very good job of performing a near impossible task of turning our momentum into a positive force of strength whilst also calming expectations and playing it down.

He is the sort of manager I am fascinated by. Mentally he is next level and seems to be very, very good at psychologically controlling things. Whilst sounding honest and straightforward too. I'm in awe.

He's doing a very good job of performing a near impossible task of turning our momentum into a positive force of strength whilst also calming expectations and playing it down.

He is the sort of manager I am fascinated by. Mentally he is next level and seems to be very, very good at psychologically controlling things. Whilst sounding honest and straightforward too. I'm in awe.
Comes across as having a great temperament. I can't envisage him getting flustered at such time that one or two results go against us.

https://theathletic.com/author/charlie-eccleshare/

I was last man standing to get Spurs job - Postecoglou​

Ange Postecoglou has said he was appointed after being “the last man standing”.
“In both jobs no one will come out and say it but I think I was the last man standing for both of them.” He then laughed and added: “They got rejected by a fair few and I ended up being the only one left. Which is ok, I'll take that.”

Ange also spoke about the willingness of Spurs to make a drastic shift in direction by appointing him this summer.

“They were seeking a change,” he said. “Otherwise there's no point in appointing me. Even in the discussions I had with them it was about: 'This is what I'm going to do, and I'm not going to compromise. And it's going to be scary - its not always going to be smooth.'

“It is obviously (hard) because you're changing everything, the way you train, the information the players are getting. But at the same time it depends when you’re coming in in the cycle. I also felt the club were ready for it.”

Ange also added that he has the final say on transfers and that regarding the departure of Harry Kane “what we need to do is move on.”

Guess we all have to be ready for when any blip and downturn in performance comes and how we all feel then and how Ange copes with all anti Spurs media that follows and then chanting stops and is replaced with boos ... and it will come I guess at some stage as we aint got a squad like Citeh. Fingers crossed it doesnt happen :bow: