New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 40 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi PY
I usually have your back m8, but not on this occasion.
I was merely outing my own (similar to TQ) reservations on obtaining Kompany.
I know it's all ifs and buts, 'but' we do need a person to comitt, at least on the face of it, to a longer term project 3/5 years.
We all know if Pep decided he'd run his race next Summer, and Kompany was offered the job he'd Jump at it.
And that's not to say others wouldn't either + it's obvious his lack of prem experience which indeed was clearly evident in the Burney Man C game, he was clearly out classed tactically.
I just think among others it's a risk not worth taking, but I do see your points for his appointment.
Haha Niall, I do have a big back so there is no grief there, everybody has their opinion, but mine is, well you all know what mine is.

How do you all know? that VC wouldn't commit to Spurs if offered the job? its all assumptions!

MC v Burnley, how many teams are outclassed by MC? nearly every bloody week, so I take nothing from them winning 7-0, except that the Burnley Board n VC have learnt to play the way he does next season they/he will have to get/buy better/exp Prem players or its back to the SD way of playing.

Hi PY
I suppose there could be an argument, for Burnley losing at that time, given their focus would've been on promotion, as it wasn't just as clear cut back then.
Yep, Kompany could commit to us just as equally Poch could run if the RM job came up next Summer.
Believe it or not the only candidate I see not jumping ship quickly would be 'Rodgers' not a popular choice, but think on this
He has done 'Big time' with Liverpool and got burnt, is just left Leicester so we are a bigger club, can manage to a degree of success at Prem level, and appears to bring on players from lower levels and can manage a project.
That's not to say I want him at Spurs.
If we can get Kompany to comitt and he is, with us for 2 years and bring us to a point where we're stronger better than now, I'd be happy...

Hi PY
I suppose there could be an argument, for Burnley losing at that time, given their focus would've been on promotion, as it wasn't just as clear cut back then.
Yep, Kompany could commit to us just as equally Poch could run if the RM job came up next Summer.
Believe it or not the only candidate I see not jumping ship quickly would be 'Rodgers' not a popular choice, but think on this
He has done 'Big time' with Liverpool and got burnt, is just left Leicester so we are a bigger club, can manage to a degree of success at Prem level, and appears to bring on players from lower levels and can manage a project.
That's not to say I want him at Spurs.
If we can get Kompany to comitt and he is, with us for 2 years and bring us to a point where we're stronger better than now, I'd be happy...
Haha Niall, slowly weakening!

Am 100% wiv you there on Brenda!

Ultimately, we're now back into the narrative where our next manager has to solve all of our club problems, rather than just do their job as 1st team coach.

The reasons why Kompany should be considered is that he is a strong, winning personality and is a good coach that plays progressive, front foot football. He can watch a game from the technical area and see what is going on. He can change it in the 90 mins. Also, if you watch him closely he has no problem fronting up to his players and showing them who's boss, just like he did as a captain.

I actually don't give a monkeys whether he has one year or 10 years experience. I don't care that he hasn't managed in the Prem and I don't care that he hasn't won anything. Just like not hiring him because of his association with City. They are the wrong reasons for exclusion.

That would also be my opinion with other managers like Carrick, Slot, de Zerbi, Enrique etc.

THFC will eventually figure out that it is their job to create the conditions for their managers to thrive. Kompany, as an example could absolutely thrive. So could the others. Just like Xavi at Barca, it's the clubs job to narrow down his scope to what is important. He's the 1st team coach. That's all.

Ultimately, we're now back into the narrative where our next manager has to solve all of our club problems, rather than just do their job as 1st team coach.

The reasons why Kompany should be considered is that he is a strong, winning personality and is a good coach that plays progressive, front foot football. He can watch a game from the technical area and see what is going on. He can change it in the 90 mins. Also, if you watch him closely he has no problem fronting up to his players and showing them who's boss, just like he did as a captain.

I actually don't give a monkeys whether he has one year or 10 years experience. I don't care that he hasn't managed in the Prem and I don't care that he hasn't won anything. Just like not hiring him because of his association with City. They are the wrong reasons for exclusion.

That would also be my opinion with other managers like Carrick, Slot, de Zerbi, Enrique etc.

THFC will eventually figure out that it is their job to create the conditions for their managers to thrive. Kompany, as an example could absolutely thrive. So could the others. Just like Xavi at Barca, it's the clubs job to narrow down his scope to what is important. He's the 1st team coach. That's all.

That's just dead wrong.

Ss where has any of us, namely me, said they want VC for who he is, a rather incendiary comment if you ask me.

I have voted for VC on the way he coaches Burnley only, no other reason.

All of you keep coming up with no cos of this, cos of that, yall might be right, but me I stick by my guns and want him or even AS for that matter.

I'm not sure it is incendiary, look on Twitter and it's full of comments such as look what he's achieved as a player, look who he's worked with, look where he played

None are reasons to employ a manager in my mind, if you look at it purely in a managerial job and what he's done it's not overly impressive and certainly no more impressive than others that have taken teams out that league such as Dyche

My previous example of wilder holds as well, he had a much less fancied side, built on a tiny budget and played excellent football, why not he's he not getting linked in the media ? It's because he hasn't played at Man City would be my guess

He spent 20 million more than the closest other team

https://the72.co.uk/2023/02/08/how-much-money-has-each-championship-side-spent-this-season/amp/

Which doesn't include loans

That's on top of a core which almost stayed up in the PL, money spent doesn't equate to winning, but it does help.

Last edited:
Aha Pompey are you getting commission regarding Kompany? 😂

I'm not against it either. Rather him than a win now manager.
Haha RD unfortunately not, its just that I am sticking by my guns in the belief that VC would be good for us, it probably won't happen, but I will be chuffed if it does.

A lot say he would use us as a stepping stone for MC, so! that can also mean MC think he is good enough, so why not us?
Mind regards MC why wouldn't they go for the Spanish geezer down the road, surely he has 3 years more Prem exp, and shown at the immigrants what he can do!

Yeeha mutters, finally write your piece, have been waiting for you to join the Cheering camp of VC, cos you did note him a while ago.(y):banana:

I'm not sure it is incendiary, look on Twitter and it's full of comments such as look what he's achieved as a player, look who he's worked with, look where he played

None are reasons to employ a manager in my mind, if you look at it purely in a managerial job and what he's done it's not overly impressive and certainly no more impressive than others that have taken teams out that league such as Dyche

My previous example of wilder holds as well, he had a much less fancied side, built on a tiny budget and played excellent football, why not he's he not getting linked in the media ? It's because he hasn't played at Man City would be my guess

He spent 20 million more than the closest other team

https://the72.co.uk/2023/02/08/how-much-money-has-each-championship-side-spent-this-season/amp/

Which doesn't include loans

That's on top of a core which almost stayed up in the PL, money spent doesn't equate to winning, but it does help.
Fair enough Ss but when I said incendiary it was only regards me, I want VC as our new coach for what I have witnessed in his change/attitude/running of Burnley etc.

Run away leaders, since the trouncing defeat they suffered at SU, 5-1, if memory serves me correct, obviously words/tactics/decent coaching then resulted in a 20 game run of wins.

When was the last time a team has been promoted with still so many games to go? only being Champions to think about now!
Thinking back, I think it was LU who got promotion earned from Div2 to Div1 early.

Muttley wrote the +reasons for VC in an earlier post, yesterday afternoon.

Emory would have been an intriguing choice...he is doing extremely well at Villa...hell they could jump us soon....

We really are a mess.

I don't blame the club about the wait till the summer, that's not a fair criticism in my mind,

But we've gotten ourselves into a position where some fans will not accept anyone other than mopo now, the chanting is at every game now.

Any new manager at the first sign of trouble will have a percentage of the crowd wanting him out for mopo.

Even though I don't think it's the right move we sort of have to appoint him now, or hope he goes to Chelsea and this can be nipped in the bud once and for all

Status
Not open for further replies.