Micah Richards | Page 7 | Vital Football

Micah Richards

I'm just glad his wages were halved in the championship. Horrific signing. I remember him thinking he was Beckenbauer charging upfield leaving huge gaps in defence. Only joined us because tactics Tim promised him he'd get to play at CB then played like a buccaneering RB anyway.
He was finished before we had him, couldn't get a game at Florentina on loan and they played 3 cb'. I couldn't believe we gave him 5 years. Thankfully he was only milking us for 25k a week to entertain the dressing room as we nearly went under

He was finished before we had him, couldn't get a game at Florentina on loan and they played 3 cb'. I couldn't believe we gave him 5 years. Thankfully he was only milking us for 25k a week to entertain the dressing room as we nearly went under

I'm fairness to the guy he's said himself a couple of times that he had offers to move on, he was about to join West Ham at one point in the 17/18 season, but Bruce always put a stop to it for reasons unknown.

I like him. He's not the best but he's certainly not one of the worst. He's got an infectious personality to make up for his dimness.

Class clown or court jester, it was always said he wasnt a disruptive influence in the dressing room TBF.

I'm just glad his wages were halved in the championship. Horrific signing. I remember him thinking he was Beckenbauer charging upfield leaving huge gaps in defence. Only joined us because tactics Tim promised him he'd get to play at CB then played like a buccaneering RB anyway.
I know there's some mitigation given he was shot to pieces by the time he rocked up here but he remains absolutely one of the worst players I've ever seen wear the shirt. He was putrid.

I know there's some mitigation given he was shot to pieces by the time he rocked up here but he remains absolutely one of the worst players I've ever seen wear the shirt. He was putrid.

He was awful but he did try at least which is more than I can say for Lescott and a couple of others from that time.

Micah is a fucking fat useless dollop, sat grinning on a couch spouting bollicks about a game he barely played.

Every time he opens his gormless mouth to issue forth some ‘wisdom’ I just think what the actual fuck would you know about it Micah.

Even in the very few appearances he made for anyone he was a clueless shit and clumsy to go with it. Useless fucking lump.

Micah is a fucking fat useless dollop, sat grinning on a couch spouting bollicks about a game he barely played.

Every time he opens his gormless mouth to issue forth some ‘wisdom’ I just think what the actual fuck would you know about it Micah.

Even in the very few appearances he made for anyone he was a clueless shit and clumsy to go with it. Useless fucking lump.
Not a big fan then?

There's a story I remember reading about Richards when we signed him that sums up his attitude as a player.

The first full season he was there Mancini brought in Patrick Viera who he'd had at Inter. A few weeks into pre season and Viera came over to sit with Richards in the canteen after training.

He asked him what his goals were in his career to which Micah replied "to cement himself as City's first choice RB and establish himself in the England squad.

Viera then asked him why he was always last onto the training field and first off it. Then told him he needed take his career more seriously, especially now City were expecting to win things not coast along in mid table.

As he was displaced by Zabeleta then bombed out to a failed loan spell in Italy not too long after before getting relegated with us I would guess he never learnt the lesson.

Yup. The warning signs were there before we signed him. The fact that our only rivals for his signature were Sunderland says it all really.

A 19 year old powerhouse for Man City - but nothing since and we rocked with a massive 5 year contract. Ridiculous. Got what we deserved.