Micah Richards | Vital Football

Micah Richards

Pride of Lions

I am now official
I posted this earlier on a different thread, but I feel this has to be aired more.... with an update;

We all know Micah Richards has not featured for Villa since Steve Bruces' first match in charge back in October 2016.

It now appears that Richards is suffering with a meniscus problem in his right knee, a similar injury to the one that wrecked the career of former Tottenham captain Ledley King and forced him into an early retirement.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/01/do-report-discloses-why-bruce-...

The sting in the tail is that if we're promoted, Richards, who is already on @ £35,000 per week, gets a pay rise due to a clause in his contract.

UPDATE

https://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-fans-rant-double-money-offer/

:21:

I think some who have been abusive miss the fact that in life, shit happens. He's not wanted to be injured, he's not wanted his career to be ruined.

Yes, he's very well compensated and I'd love his wages for being injured - better than when I was on sickness benefits to survive for sure (!) ... but nevertheless, I'm sure he would love to be playing not sitting in the treatment room.

Fecked up knees, joints in total actually, awful.

That is why I fear for Kodjia.

I've also seen people say Micah is a disgrace and should rip up his contract.

Ok, think about it.

Would you?

Part of me almost has sympathy but then I think about his income and the sympathy fades... having said that, I wouldn’t put him in the same category as Nzogbia, Agbonlahor or McCormack.
He probably won’t ever play at the top level again, and I think he’s somewhat delusional as a person/player because he will never ever be a centre back... if he’d stuck to being a great right back and not bulked up with the weights, he might still be playing - who knows...

I've got nothing against Richards. Wasn't toxic like Lescott in our relegation season but got tarred with the same brush by a lot of people.

Feel sorry for him if this injury is career threatening. As said by Fear I'm sure he'd rather be playing football.

DeanoVilla - 2/3/2018 09:55

I've got nothing against Richards. Wasn't toxic like Lescott in our relegation season but got tarred with the same brush by a lot of people.

Feel sorry for him if this injury is career threatening. As said by Fear I'm sure he'd rather be playing football.

:106:

Am I correct in thinking that football clubs take out insurance to cover players injuries. In which case we may have been reclaiming his wages.

Am I correct in thinking that football clubs take out insurance to cover players injuries. In which case we may have been reclaiming his wages.

I believe you are correct, I'm quite sure how it works but if he's had to quit we should get paid out Q

Yep, but it depends on the circumstances. A career-ending injury is clear cut. Not sure about wear and tear.

I've nothing personal against him - But he contributes nothing towards Aston Villa while he's being paid a ridiculous wage so adios and please take McCormack with you.

What a criminal waste of good money these two have cost the club but again fair play to our new owners who have done what should have been done ages ago and certainly appear to take no prisoners when it comes to sorting out all the bad business that was going on at Villa Park.

I think some who have been abusive miss the fact that in life, shit happens. He's not wanted to be injured, he's not wanted his career to be ruined.

Yes, he's very well compensated and I'd love his wages for being injured - better than when I was on sickness benefits to survive for sure (!) ... but nevertheless, I'm sure he would love to be playing not sitting in the treatment room.

Ok, think about it.

Would you?
Well fair enough J if that's true why can't we cash in the insurance.

If only we’d paid up his contract 2 years ago instead of buying Tshibola we’d be in a much better situation all round

McCormack is a strange one, has a great record in the championship can’t believe he went shit overnight and suddenly gained a shit attitude for no reason

Ok, think about it.

Would you?

JF - I agree with what you say about Micah Richards and you just never know what life will throw at you. Cancer at 47 and lost a kidney to cure it. Ended up becoming epileptic and almost losing a leg due to a DVT. This I can cope with and I know that you have similar health issues too.

McCormack is a different story I'm afraid and I despise the man for what he has done. Since 2004 when my problems started, other than two lengthy periods as a hospital in patient, I have lost zero days from work in absence. There are days when I feel like just laying down and taking a 'sickie', but I have never have. You have to work through it and get on with life. McCormack is not injured and if his problem is overweight, then diet. If his problem is that he can't get on with the manager, then work hard and prove a point - just look at Hutton as an example. He is paid very well for what he does and it is not as if he is digging coal for a living. What you have to do is work for your wages and he is not doing that. In any other business other than football, he would have been taken through the capability process and sacked.

I do wish Micah the best for the future. McCormack will rock up at some other club on a free transfer and will miraculously become a goal scorer again - just hope it is not another Championship club.

Rant over!!

If only we’d paid up his contract 2 years ago instead of buying Tshibola we’d be in a much better situation all round

McCormack is a strange one, has a great record in the championship can’t believe he went shit overnight and suddenly gained a shit attitude for no reason

Mccormacks attitude I can't talk much about save his disgraceful appearance in the league Cup last season but in hindsight I'm not overly shocked he's done poorly for us.

Both at Leeds and Fulham he was the main man and the whole team was set up just to serve him. Leeds never got near the play offs in his time there, neither did Fulham. We bought him just assuming he'd score loads not apparently looking at how he'd scored them, similar to Hogan.

Every player we scout needs to be looked at and have us think not only "are they any good" but "will they fit into the way we want to play" Hogan is a prime example. Short, quick bloke who feeds off through balls and cut backs signed for a fortune and stuck up front into a team that mostly plays long balls to an isolated striker. Fine perhaps when it's Kodjia who is more than willing and able to go it alone but for Hogan it's never going to work. Deviated slightly here so on Richards, pay him off and hopefully he can either get the treatment he needs and perhaps play in a less intense league.