SOUTHAMPTON vTOTTENHAM Saturday 28th March 3pm kick off MATCH THREAD | Page 11 | Vital Football

SOUTHAMPTON vTOTTENHAM Saturday 28th March 3pm kick off MATCH THREAD

Son has been a total disgrace to the shirt this season. That's on Son. He's one of the lightweights that can't handle the responsibility that is being placed upon him. It wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the players currently calling for Poch's return. Conte has shown faith in him & why not? He was the top goalscorer in the PL last season.

Richi has been critical of Conte & rightly so. Conte hit back & claimed that he was injury prone. Oops! That still doesn't let him off the hook though, what of Danjuma?
Danjuma isn’t one of his signings ..he was a club signing … therefore he is not considered , just like Spence .

When you're the manager's favourite underserved privileges come your way. Conte criticised the players for not playing as a team and being selfish; Son is one of the main culprits in this regard; will Conte back up what he isn't happy with and drop him for the next game? With Richarlison out injured, I don't think so. You would think Danjuma should come in, but then he should be playing more already but has hardly featured.
That's because he was a 'club' purchase just like Spence and look where he is!

When you're the manager's favourite underserved privileges come your way. Conte criticised the players for not playing as a team and being selfish; Son is one of the main culprits in this regard; will Conte back up what he isn't happy with and drop him for the next game? With Richarlison out injured, I don't think so. You would think Danjuma should come in, but then he should be playing more already but has hardly featured.
It's been evident for a long time that certain players haven't been pulling their weight. Conte has had a bellyful of them, believe me, today's rant has been a long time in coming.

I made a point of highlighting Richi's criticism of Conte in my last post. Conte was under fire from players & fans alike but we've witnessed the reality of the situation today. 4 mins he lasted.

Danjuma would be the 1st name on the teamsheet for me. Under no circumstances would i place my faith in a snake.

What a crap result, anymore to say at the mo? NO!

What a rant n rave by Conte, watched it twice wiv an open mouth, my answer...VERY BLOODY TRUE!

I think it has been a long time coming, well said Mr Conte, mind that doesn't say am backing you as a coach, maybe if you are not sacked, you can prove to us how good you are, oh I forgot about the bunch of primma donnas you have to deal with, good bloody luck! with that lol!

Let’s see what he intends to do about it all …. His selection for the next game is going to be interesting
IMO, he'll do nothing but rinse and repeat. If he feels so strongly about today's result, he should've been livid about many of the earlier results and done something about it. He's just mouthy as much as the players when they come out and bleat on about how they need to do better. Utter bollix.

38 Matches 22 Wins 5 Draws 11 Defeats = 71 Points = Probably fourth.

It's not all doom and gloom, yesterday's result was a draw which needed to be a win, but the target is still attainable, or at least I thought it was until Conte opened his mouth and finished the season off. Nobody, even those who put in a good shift every week, will play for him now.

From the moment Ben Davies, our only half decent left sided defender, went off yesterday, trouble was never far away. Southampton soon worked that out, whereby an average ex Arsenal player, fifteen years past his best, was made to look pure class.

Sonny as we all know doesn't have an ounce of defensive DNA in him, if anybody is seriously considering signing Lenglet on a permanent basis it would be madness, and Perisic is an ageing winger, who puts in the occasional decent cross and may score a goal or two a season, but has no defensive qualities whatsoever. Our only other option currently is Sessegnon, who is seldom fit enough to play, and who isn't of the required quality. Reguilon is still an option for us going forward, but he's not much good defensively either.

We desperately need to sign a quality LCB, which would further enable Davies to revert to his natural LB role where he will very seldom let us down. That would require us to revert back to a 442 or 433 formation. And we all know where that takes us back to.

Lenglet has looked so much better when he has played as the centre of the three CBs rather as a LCB. I'm not sure whether that's because it's a more natural position for him, and his lack of pace isn't so exposed, or it's because he has Romero to the right of him rather Dier.

Yesterday his positioning for the opening goal was really poor. But if you look at the 90 minutes overall rather than focus on a couple of highlights, he did do quite well. He won 6 tackles yesterday. That's a lot in a single game. Dier didn't win a single tackle.

In The Times ratings Kane got a joint highest rating of any Spurs player of 7. Yet he did next to nothing for the whole game other than score the goal.

It's what the players do over the 90 minutes that's the most important determinant of the outcome.

We have lost plenty of games with Davies starting Smithy, let's not pretend he is the 2nd coming.

He is slightly better than Dier and Sanchez. Hardly a high bar is it. He shouldn't be anywhere near our 1st 11 though and this is the issue.

Regarding Lenglet, he isn't a LCB in a back 3. How many times do we need to be reminded?

He is decent in the centre of the 3. Thats where his strengths lay. He has proven that in the small cameos he has played there. Milan at home he was our best defender.

These are basic switches that make the difference. So that is on Conte.