SOUTHAMPTON vTOTTENHAM Saturday 28th March 3pm kick off MATCH THREAD | Vital Football

SOUTHAMPTON vTOTTENHAM Saturday 28th March 3pm kick off MATCH THREAD

Southampton have a midweek game against a Brentford side that we know plays at high intensity, we need to be ready to take advantage of them likely carrying some fatigue forward to Saturdays game.

Well Southampton must be scratching their heads after losing that one - they dominated from start to finish, but were neutered in front of goal, having gone 1-0 behind they then chucked everything at Brentford, but got caught on the break in the dying seconds to lose 2-0....

68% possession, but couldn't hit a barn door - I hope they don't find their range with us...

Last edited:
Brighton and Liverpool don't have PL games this weekend so it would be useful to increase the points gap even if they do have games in hand. I'm sure we will all be hoping for a Forest win against the Toons on Friday evening, their home form is fairly decent I think.

Brighton and Liverpool don't have PL games this weekend so it would be useful to increase the points gap even if they do have games in hand. I'm sure we will all be hoping for a Forest win against the Toons on Friday evening, their home form is fairly decent I think.

I can't wait for all these games in hand to disappear. Then we can really understand what we need to do.

I can see us winning this one, as long as we don't do what we did at Wolves which was to dominate, miss our chances and lose the plot in the second half!

Southampton are fighting for their PL lives, so I don't expect this to be a push over..

We need everyone turning up for every game & matching the intensity & determination of the opposition. We can't have strolling around, lackadaisical & arrogant performances from any of them.
We did that in all three cups and they have to learn from that, top four is pretty much in our hands... But nobody is gonna just give it to us.

There are at least two sides that can overtake us on an equal number of games so it's not really in our hands, we need them to drop points but Newcastle ended Forest's nine match unbeaten run at home tonight.

There are at least two sides that can overtake us on an equal number of games so it's not really in our hands, we need them to drop points but Newcastle ended Forest's nine match unbeaten run at home tonight.
If we won all our games, obviously including Newcastle & Brighton then nobody overtakes us. So whilst I don't think for one minute we will win them all, on paper it's in our hands.
My main point tho was I want them to give a feck and fight for everything and not turn up expect win...whoever we play.

Not sure if it means much to say, it's in our hands' if this or that happens. There are probably 10 clubs that can finish above us if this or that happens .... and they are saying it's in their hands too. All we can do is win as many points as possible and hope the football gods are kind. Then again, why should they be more kind to us than anyone else. Or am I over-thinking it? lol

We need everyone turning up for every game & matching the intensity & determination of the opposition. We can't have strolling around, lackadaisical & arrogant performances from any of them.
We did that in all three cups and they have to learn from that, top four is pretty much in our hands... But nobody is gonna just give it to us.

So dont play Son from the start of any game we have left....impact sub at best because he adds nothing to our intensity (apart from a goal or two) this season so far....we wanders about and never gets close to an oppo player to stop them passing the ball...he does not close down players! His heading style is ducking ........if he aint scoring he aint worth a place!

If we won all our games, obviously including Newcastle & Brighton then nobody overtakes us. So whilst I don't think for one minute we will win them all, on paper it's in our hands.
My main point tho was I want them to give a feck and fight for everything and not turn up expect win...whoever we play.
We all hope for that TS, we don't often see it though. :cry: