Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

FT. At last, a ‘complete’ team performance of skill, drive and commitment. Fully deserved and I am so pleased we have been able to put Accrington in their place. Ethan Ehrahon looks one hell of a player. So composed and dominant in the middle. His all-round game adds the missing dimension to the Imps play and gives everyone such a lift and confidence which has been missing. Ethan clearly MoM, but virtually every player did their part. Apologies are due to Shodipo - I was critical of his first half performance. I’m guessing MK spoke to him at HT but the 20mins at the start of the second half he completely turned it around. Did Mk change it up and play him more through the middle? Excellent come-back from Lewis and great fighting performances from Ben House and Sean Roughan. Do we have the belief going forward? Are we better after the transfer window? Do we need to sack MK, as some suggested 😡🤬. If this is the start of his rebuilding, more of it please 🤞👏. Well done Imps 👏👏

I have been very critical lately of the boring defensive tactics of MK. Also the poor recruitement by JG and his team. And have also been critical of the form of Bishop in midfield.
Today I have to be honest and applaud all 3 for getting it right, praise when praise is due. The most important thing for me is that we now carry this forward to next Saturday at home to Bristol Rovers. We certainly owe our fans a decent home performance.

Well done today to all involved in an excellent result.

Montsma's nose was bloodied. Don't think he was concussed. Accy player looked worse for wear,could be concussed, but no spinal board needed.

Don’t think jabbing at those who criticised last week is ideal.

It was awful last week. It was great this week.

Majority of people call it as they see it - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.. it’s a duck!

Much needed 3 points and well done to Kennedy, the players and the fans who travelled.

Beat Rovers next week and we leapfrog them!

A really fantastic game and performance.

Fully deserved win and could have easily been more. Montsma was absolutely superb and very relieved to see that he was okay following the head injury. Gutted he couldn’t score after some very neat footwork in the box. He brings the ball out well and knocks the ball into dangerous areas.

Erhahon looks a brilliant signing, did much of the breaking up of play and could pick a pass, a Bridcutt like performance. This allowed Bishop to be creative and what a difference it made, an excellent finish for him.House and Poole gave their standard good performance. Delighted for Roughan to get a goal.

Felt a bit sorry for Shodipo, struggled first half but had a much improved second half. It was an odd decision to take him off just when he really got going into the game and looked dangerous. Poor poor vernam, really cannot buy a goal. He had a hatful of chances and seemed to scuff them all. He’s dangerous with the ball at his feet but the final product just lacking.

Accrington rarely panicked us and created little. They looked most dangerous from set plays and long throws. I still think that the red was harsh from my viewpoint.

Not too much to complain about today, but I’d love some tweaking of our throw ins. But let’s be positive. Today was a much needed three points and cracking performance.

Let's just enjoy this victory and hope to build on it. There are clearly some promising signs there from today, so let's get behind the side next week and not look for negatives!

Nothing to complain about, in my opinion. Lewis and Ethan made a big difference and Teddy fed off their performances.

Bite in midfield, a very accomplished distributor at the back (again) , who very nearly scored with a bit of trickery in the box and a blocked shot, in the same passage of play where the clash of heads occurred.

Majority of people call it as they see it - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.. it’s a duck!

Much needed 3 points and well done to Kennedy, the players and the fans who travelled.

Agreed. Huge win.

It's not as if the Cambridge game was a one off- we'd had one league win since October. It's definitely no more ridiculous being a bit unsettled by a string of poor performances than proclaiming everyone is an idiot because we've won one though.

Hope this is a big turning point though - has the potential to be, but would be good to go on a bit of a run. Last season I thought Sunderland away was going to be a bit of a turning point but there wasn't long term improvement... but Bristol rovers at home seems like a fixture we could go and start tying results together with, especially after their last couple of results.

It was the Kennedy Out thread that shocked me. Don't think anyone should be surprised that there'd be some bite back after that complete overreaction.