Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

An excellent win and three clean sheets in a row.

I have only seen the highlights but as soon as you see Montsma on the team sheet you know you've got half a chance of being able to get the team up the pitch and likewise with Erhahon who, based on the Youtube video and yesterday's highlights, spots a pass fairly early. It won't click like yesterday all the time but when you've got a couple of players like that who can break the lines in one pass, it doesn't half open the game up all of a sudden, which is what the front three have lacked for most of the season.

I really like House, is he on 10 or so for the season now? He's a pretty decent all round player isn't he? Technically decent, has a footballing brain, can finish, mobile etc and one who's jumped up two steps fairly easily from the NL. He'll be one we'll struggle to keep come summer 2024 if he keeps developing as he is.

Think he has scored 8.

Personally loved the Vernam sub. His shooting was poor (again) but I didn't see any of these "blind alley runs", he seemed to be successfully cutting inside repeatedly. Definitely feel nervous whenever Sorensen is on though

I think he should have come on for Diamond. He runs with the ball so well, creates space but the bit after was lacking.

I think he should have come on for Diamond. He runs with the ball so well, creates space but the bit after was lacking.

Ironically, his best shot of the afternoon was his side footed left foot volley at the end, when he had no time to think.

MK has said he got much more input into the recruitment than he did in the summer.

If you believe the club's pronouncements, they have lots and lots of players who they monitor and keep in contact with. They identify all the possibles and then get the head coach or manager to decide who he wants and then they try and get them.

Yes, we will have been following nearly every player we sign for some time.

That's quite consistent with having the head coach saying who we bring in.

Absolutely fine if that's what Kennedy says but we have now got a system in place where coaches can come and go, as they do relatively frequently without hopefully upsetting the system too much.

The coach is a massive cog in the wheel but if things aren't going well or things have gone well and the coach leaves then as well as been keeping an eye on players the recruitment team will have also been identifying our next possible coach.

Praise them when they deserve it and criticise them when they deserve it but don't get too attached to them because they ain't your best mate and they're not going to be around that long whether we are good or bad.

An excellent win and three clean sheets in a row.

I have only seen the highlights but as soon as you see Montsma on the team sheet you know you've got half a chance of being able to get the team up the pitch and likewise with Erhahon who, based on the Youtube video and yesterday's highlights, spots a pass fairly early. It won't click like yesterday all the time but when you've got a couple of players like that who can break the lines in one pass, it doesn't half open the game up all of a sudden, which is what the front three have lacked for most of the season.

I really like House, is he on 10 or so for the season now? He's a pretty decent all round player isn't he? Technically decent, has a footballing brain, can finish, mobile etc and one who's jumped up two steps fairly easily from the NL. He'll be one we'll struggle to keep come summer 2024 if he keeps developing as he is.
Hi Luke It was a great win yesterday and a decent performance. It is also good to keep a clean sheet. We have though to put that into context as the 3 clean sheets have been against teams in the bottom 4. Yesterday we did at least attack unlike the two previous games. Hopefully we are moving in the right direction Which I think we are.

That surely can't be particularly pleasing to hear for those players signed under Kennedy previously?

Agreed - I'm not sure it can be true the way he has talked about other signings like chasing Oakley-Boothe or Garrick either?

I also think the idea that we are building squads specifically for the manager is just off the mark, part of the whole point of this model is the continuity of recruitment and less risk if the man at the helm doesn't work.

Are we really saying Michael Appleton didn't want a decent midfielder who could pass the ball well? The quotes at the time were pretty clear that MK got the job as they felt he could get the best out the squad, not spend time building a new one in his image. If MK just means its a player in his mould or whatever because he's actually good, that's fine but we're not going to be signing loads of players for fees all the time.