JANUARY SALES | Page 93 | Vital Football

JANUARY SALES

Ex team mates of Maloney's (like Auld Mac at Palace, for whom Kelly played with for a good few seasons) may well be his unofficial scouting team.

Maloney mustn't think much of our centre backs to bring in 2 when we already had 4 here. I think we will play 3 centre backs so if we assume he'll use his signings it'll be interesting which one of the other 4 keeps their place. Wouldn't shock me if we moved someone out.

Nixon said Stoke are interested in Harris as well as us and that we want to do a swap for one of our players for the Hibs lad. I'm not sure who'll be offered but I'd be shocked if they'd be happy with the players we want to get shut of.

Still no sign of wing backs though which worries me a bit as they will be key. I know Maloney doesn't fancy Blackett but on a free I don't think he's a bad shout.

Kevin Nisbet: Hibs reject Wigan Athletic bid for star striker as Shaun Maloney eyes reunion
Hibs have rejected a bid from Wigan Athletic for their prized striker Kevin Nisbet.

Scored 74 goals in 125 games since 2018

Apparently Nisbet failed his medical at Millwall. So if that is the case his value will plummet it's just if a club is willing to take the risk.

8 goals in 8 games since returning from injury.