The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 99 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

But it could also be said that we could be seen to be selling Ings to finance someone coming in...... just sayin'. I mean, normally you see someone coming in (in this instance, a forward) before selling like this.

Yes we've bought Duran but he's far from proven over here..... in fact he's not proven at all.

I think we've sold Ings because we have someone Emery thinks better sorted , not because we need the money

Needs must. It might be the last decent offer we get for Ings. We also have 2 weeks to sort something after Saturday.

For me they haven't put a foot wrong this window yet, and got so much evidence that Emery is doing the best for the team I don't worry. A refreshing feeling after previous windows.

Waiting to see what surprise he has in store to cover, gotta feeling it will be a nice one when it does arrive.

We you look at Unai's record he got a side created on a shoestring to the CL semi-final via winning the Europa league.
I'm quite happy he knows how to do it without buying Neymar for £199m

You think he can achieve PL success on a shoestring though ? (Genuine Question)

You think he can achieve PL success on a shoestring though ? (Genuine Question)
But he isn't operating on a shoestring here though. You seem to be quick to think the board aren't prepared to spend much. I think you need to put this idea to bed for now. Why don't you see what is spent in this window and in the summer before coming to some of the conclusions you are.

But he isn't operating on a shoestring here though. You seem to be quick to think the board aren't prepared to spend much. I think you need to put this idea to bed for now. Why don't you see what is spent in this window and in the summer before coming to some of the conclusions you are.

I wasn't coming to conclusion.

If you re read the post above the quote was "he achieved Europa League and CL success (semi final) on a shoestring"
I asked if it it was feasible to achieve success in the PL on a shoestring.

I wasn't coming to conclusion.

If you re read the post above the quote was "he achieved Europa League and CL success (semi final) on a shoestring"
I asked if it it was feasible to achieve success in the PL on a shoestring.
But you've also made multiple posts talking about lack of funds, backing etc and complaining that we're not spending enough. I just think any of these sorts of criticisms are massive premature.

But you've also made multiple posts talking about lack of funds, backing etc and complaining that we're not spending enough. I just think any of these sorts of criticisms are massive premature.

OK - I've made my views known (I do have reasons for thos which I won't go into here)

But theres a release this morning which says of the top 10 richest clubs in the world 50% are from the prem. I don't see how we can compete with that without significant spending.

If the spending is in the pipeline - fine.

OK - I've made my views known (I do have reasons for thos which I won't go into here)

But theres a release this morning which says of the top 10 richest clubs in the world 50% are from the prem. I don't see how we can compete with that without significant spending.

If the spending is in the pipeline - fine.

Based on turnover only. Could still mean they make losses .