The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 98 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

He's 31 in the summer and has a year and half left on his contract, cashing in makes a lot of sense, the fee will be even lower in the summer. At £25m he's a poor signing it has to be said. Not really his fault, but he has never really fit under any manager he has had to play under.
And has never looked anywhere near being match fit.

Ings isn’t good at leading the line. He was always better throughout with another up with him but we don’t play like that. That being said, neither do West Ham.

Ings is alright as an impact sub but he’s bowling out of his arse after 5 mins.

Leaving just Watkins and the Duran 19 year old seems crazy though unless we have something better lined up and not just a winger as we need one of those anyway.
Maybe he should take up cricket. I’ve heard of a leg spinner but……..

£15m for a 30-year old striker who doesn't suit us isn't too bad. Don't think he particularly suits West Ham either, but I expect, like us, they've bought the *idea* of Danny Ings.
Plus it should help send West ham down. A front 3 of Benrahma Ings Bowen will be a championship dream strike force

Plus it should help send West ham down. A front 3 of Benrahma Ings Bowen will be a championship dream strike force
Benrahma and Bowen streak forward with the ball, instinctively ping it along the floor to... nobody. They look round and see Danny huffing and puffing 30m behind them.

Watkins was ill v Brighton and Ings bagged us 3 points.
He rescued us a point v wolves and put a winner on the plate for bailey in the same game.

I get Emery needs funds to shape the squad as he likes - but this move should be in the summer - not now.
Plenty of clubs still be interested in the summer.

I can't quite get my head around this Emery needs funds - although it may be appearing so. Weeks back it was being reported that NSWE would be backing Unai with funds to shake things up a bit in this window.

But it does appear that's not quite the case atm. Unless Unai has something BIG up his sleeve. If so, please start the engine.

I can't quite get my head around this Emery needs funds - although it may be appearing so. Weeks back it was being reported that NSWE would be backing Unai with funds to shake things up a bit in this window.

But it does appear that's not quite the case atm. Unless Unai has something BIG up his sleeve. If so, please start the engine.

We we've spent £30 million already with 2 weeks of the window to go so you could argue otherwise.

We we've spent £30 million already with 2 weeks of the window to go so you could argue otherwise.

But it could also be said that we could be seen to be selling Ings to finance someone coming in...... just sayin'. I mean, normally you see someone coming in (in this instance, a forward) before selling like this.

Yes we've bought Duran but he's far from proven over here..... in fact he's not proven at all.