The Unai Emery Thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Think we have owners who have seen that employing average managers is not going to take us to where they hope this club to be. Looks like leaving it to others to pull the wool over their eyes is not going to happen any longer. Emery looks like he has something to prove here and has everybody onboard. Good to see all the fans see him as the right man, finally.

Think we have owners who have seen that employing average managers is not going to take us to where they hope this club to be. Looks like leaving it to others to pull the wool over their eyes is not going to happen any longer. Emery looks like he has something to prove here and has everybody onboard. Good to see all the fans see him as the right man, finally.

Funny enough i was thinking similar as I drove , I mean floated home yesterday. Thinking about Purlsow being on the naughty step and well and truly embarrassed by Nas when he got a grip of the situation after Fulham away. The continuing silence from Purlsow is deafening . He quite frankly should come out and apologise for his blatant nepotism over Slippy G . As you say the owners trusted Purlsow and they have had their fingers burnt to the tune of a few million in compo. They will not like that one bit.

Funny enough i was thinking similar as I drove , I mean floated home yesterday. Thinking about Purlsow being on the naughty step and well and truly embarrassed by Nas when he got a grip of the situation after Fulham away. The continuing silence from Purlsow is deafening . He quite frankly should come out and apologise for his blatant nepotism over Slippy G . As you say the owners trusted Purlsow and they have had their fingers burnt to the tune of a few million in compo. They will not like that one bit.

Not to mention a wasted season of progression and all the money along the way

Yes. It just makes me think what a waste of money, It's like we all could see we wasn't aiming high enough but probably didn't think a top manager would come, then again there are a few that enjoy a challenge given the right support.

I think we need to take it onboard we will lose games under Emery, it's the way you lose those games that makes a difference. The day when we feel we should have got something out of the game rather than thinking we are crap is something i can deal with.

We wasted the summer and pre season doing god knows what and no surprise within seconds of turning up at Bournemouth we were losing. Gerrard goes down as one of if not the worst manager in our history which takes some doing.
Sad thing is, people who own football clubs,put their trust in others to run it, but when that person thinks your mate is best for the job, your in trouble.

Sad thing is, people who own football clubs,put their trust in others to run it, but when that person thinks your mate is best for the job, your in trouble.
Now, now Dave, how can you criticise somebody that brought in Kamara? Altogether- thank-you Stevie.

If he keeps getting results he can speak Klingon for all I care.

Besides, it’s a non issue! It will only get better and it’s not bad to begin with.

Well, I haven't worked with any Spaniards but I've worked all over Europe and I'm ashamed to say I still don't speak another language well enough to be in a team meeting in that language.
I have worked with many and lived among people who speak English as a second language and Unai is poor in comparison to most of those. Communication is key to learning any job. He ok to use as we can decipher what he says as it's our native tongue but half of our players struggle with English themselves.
Yes, I get that they seem to be doing ok but it would be far easier if he was better, that's all I'm getting at.

His English is better than many English people, not his fault he isn’t born here and carries a strong Spanish accent. I have no problem understanding him.
I can understand him but I'm English and I can piece together the word and think oh yes that's what he means but imagine not being a native speaker like many of out players