The Unai Emery Thread | Page 68 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Just imagine what they will be like when they can understand a word he says, he's only had 4 PL games
He constantly seeks out mings to give him instructions as the game develops. This can only be helping mings cos he has looked a lot more solid under emery. I think he has given him some inner confidence, which was must needed. Shows he can manage players as well as tactics. Great to see.

Wonder how many managers would have taken Young off and put Cash into his usual RB position .

Inspired thinking to put Cash on at RM at that particular stage. Worked a treat.

His English is coming on nicely, fair play to him for facing the media without an interpreter . I like the way his courteous with them too and has manners unlike his predecessor.

He's a nice bloke and his English is better than my Spanish but it's still pretty crap, imagine when he's fluent like Pep oh hang on.
Like you say fair play he uses and makes his players all speak English in training

He's a nice bloke and his English is better than my Spanish but it's still pretty crap, imagine when he's fluent like Pep oh hang on.
Like you say fair play he uses and makes his players all speak English in training
I don't get how his English is crap. He has a thick accent but he's careful with his words and I'm never left in doubt what he means. If you worked with him everyday you'd barely even register it anymore. I've worked with English people who I understand less.

I don't get how his English is crap. He has a thick accent but he's careful with his words and I'm never left in doubt what he means. If you worked with him everyday you'd barely even register it anymore. I've worked with English people who I understand less.

It's not crap. However let's say 3 out of every 100 works are difficult to make out - in a 4 hours training session that's quite a lot of words the players aren't getting.

However today looked like an intricate tactical player and the players had clearly got it. I've often despaired over recent years how opposition teams always seem to have a player in the right place - well today it was us !