Nicky Shorey gone | Vital Football

Nicky Shorey gone

You beat me to it! Seems like we're not the only ones questioning his role and contribution. The fact that we've got a short-term replacement in to handle January recruitment suggests that Shorey hasn't impressed!

Personally don’t really understand why we’ve replaced him. Do we really need to use funds on a recruitment department at our level? Why not just let the manager have total say over the recruitment then everyone knows it’s solely their responsibility.

Personally don’t really understand why we’ve replaced him. Do we really need to use funds on a recruitment department at our level? Why not just let the manager have total say over the recruitment then everyone knows it’s solely their responsibility.

Give Harris another job to do?! No thank you

Harris could be next to go after we lose to Dagenham. That could be why a consultant has been appointed.

Give Harris another job to do?! No thank you

My point is a generalisation regardless of the manager. A club at our level doesn’t require a recruitment department in my opinion. Harris made a decent enough signing last January without needing someone else’s input first. I would rather the manager (whoever that is) have total say on who comes in and out of their squad then everybody knows where total responsibility lays.

Hopefully NH will not be far behind him. Why we've replaced him is beyond me, the manager should live and die by signings, not have a given excuse of the players weren't his signings

Tasked with signings, yet ironically he is arguably one of our worst ever signings. Absolute waste of a wage. He always was on a hiding to nothing with our budget. But he and Harris have been cataclysmically worse than expected.
With a mid quartile budget we’d expect at least a mid quartile league position, wouldn’t we?