Dingles on Satdy | Page 8 | Vital Football

Dingles on Satdy

What troubled me most about yesterday was we never laid a glove on them...I get the gulf in ability but at times we were chasing the ball around like a schoolboy team never getting close. It reminded me of the Sunderland game last season where we rolled over in that as well.

And please nobody quote the stats about the chances we had...apart from the Josh header I can't think of 1 save the Burnley keeper made, not 1.

I think Leam is going to have to develop a streak in him to drop players who dont perform because good teams will do that to you but you can't let them do it without breaking sweat.

In conclusion...a nights broken sleep has had little effect on my mood :taz:

Burnley were clinical,absolutely ruthless in front of goal and their superior quality that they possess especially in midfield and going forward was evident throughout large parts of the game.

But the scoreline doesn't tell the whole story and things could've been so different if Keane had buried that great chance early in the 2nd half to make to 2-2.He's got to be hitting the target minimum there,it was a really poor finish.

I thought at that stage we were well in the game.Burnley had the better of the opening half hour.But once we settled into the new formation we started to get more of a grip on the game and began to impose ourselves on them,causing them a few problems defensively.

Lang was causing them headaches and with better decision making from him we could've been level before HT.

HT came at a bad time as we had them rattled and our fans were up,but we started the 2nd well.For me the direction the game took swung on those few minutes when Keane missed that glorious chance to draw level followed by that dickhead linesman missing a blatant offside decision.He even had a bloody rugby line to help him,but the incompetent still got it wrong.

That moment killed us imo,we'd worked so hard to get back in the game against a quality side,should've been level,but were suddenly back to square one and the 2 goal deficit.
You could see the frustration on the players with the linesman and they were pointing to the screen as they knew it was offside.I can't see the screen from were I am in the stadium,but I presume the goal was replayed on it and our lads saw the blatant offside which just compounded the frustration.

But again we kept going and had a few good chances and situations to make it 2-3 and make the final 10 minutes interesting.

When that didn't materialise though,Burnley pounced late on to give the scoreline a harsh look imo.

But we've another game on Tuesday,so we need to learn certain things from this defeat and try to bounce back quickly in what will be another tough test against West Brom.

Where’s Fletcher? Not up to speed fitness wise perhaps?
What was he signed for? If he isn't ready to play then it was pointless. His scoring record is awful so again why sign a striker that doesn't score goals. Is he there to join the increasingly long list of strikers in our strikers graveyard or at the best to sit on the bench like the four strikers yesterday?

Theyve spent around 20 million compared to our zero. Nyambe looks decent defensively but jesus he looked wooden going forward!
I do not want to compete with teams newly relegated. I want to compete with the lower half of the championship table to stay up this season and consolidate for next. We must spend within our means.
Please don't write off players so soon.
We supporters need to be realistic.
On a lighter note - thank goodness we're not Bournemouth.

And please nobody quote the stats about the chances we had...apart from the Josh header I can't think of 1 save the Burnley keeper made, not 1.

Lang, McClean, & Aasgard all had shots saved. That's besides Keane hitting it wide, Whatmough missing the target and a number of shots blocked. .

I think we can expect a couple of results like this untill we can strengthen
That's if we can going to be a hard slog this season
Think we might lose a few fans but that's expected
There where one or two moaners sat near us
I just hope we do get one or two more in soon

I think we can expect a couple of results like this untill we can strengthen
That's if we can going to be a hard slog this season
Think we might lose a few fans but that's expected
I just hope we do get one or two more in soon

I just hope we do get one or two more in......
that could well have been me sat near u Bicky, cos i did some moaning at the game yesterday n was especially critical of Shinnie despite a few on here & on social media saying he had a good game🤔..just hope when u say 'we get one or two more in' ...ur on about 1or 2 more players & not 1 or 2 more moaners 😉

What was the crowd...it looked disappointing. About 14k would be my revised guess.
Not sure they’ve announced it, think P Kendrick said they hadn’t done so and he was still waiting for it last night.
Frankly disappointed so far with the number of Home supporters especially at the Bristol game. Despite promotion we don't appear yet to have increased the numbers, appreciate there’s a general concern around regarding finances and I know there’ll have been regulars sat on a beach somewhere ….but still…

Not sure they’ve announced it, think P Kendrick said they hadn’t done so and he was still waiting for it last night.
Frankly disappointed so far with the number of Home supporters especially at the Bristol game. Despite promotion we don't appear yet to have increased the numbers, appreciate there’s a general concern around regarding finances and I know there’ll have been regulars sat on a beach somewhere ….but still…
Very disappointing
But I'm happy with what we have but hey I remember Springfield Park
When we all knew each other at the games
Will take time I know but who knows ten years down the road we might just might see
Twenty thousand
Wishfull thinking but with the right owners and a decent team to watch you never know
Seem to be a lot of younger generation
Coming to games
Just hope we don't get too many hidings and they lose interest

The stand that looked very sparse yesterday was the South Stand.
Some families could have been put off buying tickets for a Lancashire Derby after the media footage circulated from the Preston game.

Maybe! Or could still have been on holidays.

A combination of both I suspect, though the policing debacle from the opening day won’t encourage repeat visitors.

I noticed yesterday they kept the dingles behind and there was an increased policing presence on the stadium side of the bridge. Not exactly rocket science and it begs the question why it wasn’t done first time around.

at £29 pound way to much to pay a lad who I know watches Burnley and His lad was the mascot yesterday. One or two of my family was thinking of going two adults and a little girl. £ 63 quid and that’s without a drink food toffee etc. way way to expensive. For fans who might come to the odd games. Family stand should be as cheap as chips. £ 20 max and kids under 10 free.

I would like to rewind to last Sunday when I posted that we have "had luck in abundance and are due a right pasting" (Post 95 Brummies thread)

Well that was one of them yesterday, if other teams had been as clinical with their finishing we would have been blown away in all our matches to date, Richardson rolled the dice, rode his luck and it came back to bite us on the arse, four strikers on the bench whats all that about? Bloody stupidity at its finest, will he learn from it? I bloody well hope so, we set up for a draw AGAIN yesterday and it backfired big time.

Anyway what's done is done, my biggest gripe yesterday was the so called fans that bailed out early some as early as 60 minutes at 3-1 then at 4-1 there was a mass exodus, if you're one of them reading this then hang your bloody head in shame.
What happened to "I would do anything for this club, we are lucky to have a club to SUPPORT after the past 2 years" you have a club to support bloody well support it through thick and thin, on 90 minutes 3 sides of the ground where almost empty and the Burnley fans were loving it, total embarrassment our fans and deserve the stick dished out by away fans.

I would like to rewind to last Sunday when I posted that we have "had luck in abundance and are due a right pasting" (Post 95 Brummies thread)

Well that was one of them yesterday, if other teams had been as clinical with their finishing we would have been blown away in all our matches to date, Richardson rolled the dice, rode his luck and it came back to bite us on the arse, four strikers on the bench whats all that about? Bloody stupidity at its finest, will he learn from it? I bloody well hope so, we set up for a draw AGAIN yesterday and it backfired big time.

Anyway what's done is done, my biggest gripe yesterday was the so called fans that bailed out early some as early as 60 minutes at 3-1 then at 4-1 there was a mass exodus, if you're one of them reading this then hang your bloody head in shame.
What happened to "I would do anything for this club, we are lucky to have a club to SUPPORT after the past 2 years" you have a club to support bloody well support it through thick and thin, on 90 minutes 3 sides of the ground where almost empty and the Burnley fans were loving it, total embarrassment our fans and deserve the stick dished out by away fans.

You must have been delighted with yesterday’s result then. It must have been a long summer break for you waiting for this type of defeat. You must feel like Christmas has come early.