Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 248 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

It looks like we could be seeing a lot of movement in the next week or so.

Udogie is done, but he stays with Udinese until next summer.

Villarreal are interested in a double deal for Lo Celso and Ndombele, but Lo Celso is further along having agreed personal terms.

Tanganga is set to join Roma on loan.

AC Milan are pushing hard for Sarr on loan.

We are still quite far apart on valuation for Zaniolo, but he is supposedly a top target.

My biggest confusion remains what our plan is for Homegrown quota in the CL. Tanganga going doesn't help and Winks is also set to leave. Many were convinced that Madison was our next priority. Paratici has a hell of a job on his hands to sort it.
Would it be the end of the world if we were to retain Winks for another 6 months to a year? He could always be sold after the World Cup.

Wasnt his best game. I think this is a good example of his strengths...

Gives an idea of what he might bring, and certainly looks like a fit for how we are playing. I dont think 50m euros is too much, if not for his knee surgeries, he'd prolly be 100m.

I'd love to see this kind of player combining w Son/Kane/Deki... I wouldn't, however, make any assumptions as to what type of position Conte has in mind for him. Might not be what everyone expects. And no not RWB.

Replacement for Kane next year?

Ive read that some in Italy believe he should be playing as a No 9. Comparisons to Vlahovic.

I think that is a given RD. I'm actually quite excited by the youngsters we are signing and sending/leaving out on loan to gain experience in other leagues. I just hope we give them an opportunity to prove themselves before being sold on.
I watched Gold last night and he spoke of our club’s two distinct transfer approaches, 1) Players we need now and 2) Young players for the future. He spoke of the Destiny signing and how he probably won’t be ready even next year as he is so young. He also mentions that many other top clubs were looking at him and how Conte REALLY wanted him. Gold said that might give a good indication that Conte sees Spurs as a long term project. Definitely longer than his current contract/extension suggest.

I watched Gold last night and he spoke of our club’s two distinct transfer approaches, 1) Players we need now and 2) Young players for the future. He spoke of the Destiny signing and how he probably won’t be ready even next year as he is so young. He also mentions that many other top clubs were looking at him and how Conte REALLY wanted him. Gold said that might give a good indication that Conte sees Spurs as a long term project. Definitely longer than his current contract/extension suggest.
I like the fact we are succession planning with the likes of Sarr, Gil and Udogie, even Spence I guess. I just hope they get the opportunity to continue their development and, in time, replace the senior squad members.

I like the fact we are succession planning with the likes of Sarr, Gil and Udogie, even Spence I guess. I just hope they get the opportunity to continue their development and, in time, replace the senior squad members.

Trouble is....I might not be around to see what we reep.

Apparently a fine bottle of Zoinolo 2022 is available for around £33.8, with add-ons of course.

Supposed to be pretty good!

:smoke:

It's becoming a saga. Has Levy taken over the negotiation? :ROFLMAO:

How do you expect a thing like this to go? "Saga" is a bit dramatic, its a serious negotiation, some seriously valuable assets, with an abundance of potential risk. If this were a real estate transaction for an apartment building in London, you'd be shocked at the rocket pace of it.

Given a choice, rather see Tanga go spend time with Maldini/Pioli than with MoronHoe, for obvious reasons. Cant get much better mentors to learn from after Ledley. But Jose does like him, and I dont think the kid had a bad time of it when he was here.

AC is a better place if we think we want him back, but its also the place where he might become good enough where they wont send him back.

Given a choice, rather see Tanga go spend time with Maldini/Pioli than with MoronHoe, for obvious reasons. Cant get much better mentors to learn from after Ledley. But Jose does like him, and I dont think the kid had a bad time of it when he was here.

AC is a better place if we think we want him back, but its also the place where he might become good enough where they wont send him back.

I hope he returns for all the right reasons.

How do you expect a thing like this to go? "Saga" is a bit dramatic, its a serious negotiation, some seriously valuable assets, with an abundance of potential risk. If this were a real estate transaction for an apartment building in London, you'd be shocked at the rocket pace of it.

Cos it's Aug 9th and it feels like he's our first choice and we've been linked with him all window. I actually rate him, Pellegrini and Barella out of the Italians. Good players.

It's nothing to do with buildings in London.

Cos it's Aug 9th and it feels like he's our first choice and we've been linked with him all window. I actually rate him, Pellegrini and Barella out of the Italians. Good players.

It's nothing to do with buildings in London.

"First Choice" is a misnomer, he's a player Conte is very fond of, and sees as one who can improve his squad. Just because birds chatter about it, dont make it more than it is. Remember when Bastoni was 'First Choice'? If we signed him tomorrow, would we have "Reignited interest" in the Defender, being our First Choice is now Zoinolo? However, if GLC goes to Villareal and Torres comes the other way, then obviously Pau was our First Choice. But nobody's talking about that right now, so that couldnt possibly be the case.

And yes, ^^ such buildings can cost in the neighborhood of £30-50m depending, and are revenue-returning assets, that depreciate over time, like Footballers. So yeah, buildings.

One team has now bought two players that cost more than their stadium did. <- Just for the sake of more buildings.

FYI, Im pretty sure Conte wanted Barella first. Or at the same time.

"First Choice" is a misnomer, he's a player Conte is very fond of, and sees as one who can improve his squad. Just because birds chatter about it, dont make it more than it is. Remember when Bastoni was 'First Choice'? If we signed him tomorrow, would we have "Reignited interest" in the Defender, being our First Choice is now Zoinolo? However, if GLC goes to Villareal and Torres comes the other way, then obviously Pau was our First Choice. But nobody's talking about that right now, so that couldnt possibly be the case.

And yes, ^^ such buildings can cost in the neighborhood of £30-50m depending, and are revenue-returning assets, that depreciate over time, like Footballers. So yeah, buildings.

One team has now bought two players that cost more than their stadium did. <- Just for the sake of more buildings.

FYI, Im pretty sure Conte wanted Barella first. Or at the same time.

I never thought Torres was our first choice this summer for LCB. That was surely Bastoni, and I think Lenglet is a great second choice. The difference is that Conte needs to get him back to former levels. Personally, I don't think Torres will achieve those levels, but could be wrong. Lenglet is showing good signs.

As for the attacking areas of the pitch, it's less certain. Jesus, Raphina and Richarlison ended up as the latter. It never felt like Eriksen was going to happen, and I wasn't convinced Maddison was the answer. Nobody was surprised that Eriksen made nice comments about Thomas Frank, and then comments about playing CL again and then took the Utd money.

Personally, I always thought that someone like Zaniola was going to be our choice. I hope he still is. Richarlison and Zaniola should mean that we see very little of Moura this season and should keep the other 3 out of their comfort zone.