Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 247 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

A good few still make up the core of our squad, a few have moved on for a last big payday, and a few (well one at least) is still hanging around like a bad smell.
I'd beg to differ on that.
Hugo.
Eric.
Son.
Kane.
You might argue for Davies and Hoby (who people now say need to go as they are not good enough)
Hardly a 'core' of the current squad.

He is a big gamble in my eyes, two ACL's in such a short career, the second caused him to miss the whole of the 20/21 season I think. He is easy on the eye in your video compilation but you can say the same about Traore but it's not much use without an end product and Zaniolo's stats for goals and assists last season are 2 + 2. Kulu was what 5 + 8 in half a season for less than half that price.

the injuries are known about. Thats not "my" compilation its a random one of this pre-seasons highlights, which I chose specifically to address lingering injury concerns affecting his play, which you can see it s not. So far.

Comparing him to Traroe is absolutely silly, they are in different stratoshpere's as far as ability, brains, and performances. I mean, he's better than Jack Clarke too.

Being your comparing Zoinolo's stats in serieA, coming off a big injury, to Kulusevski's contributions at Spurs w Kane & Son (Prem Golden Boot Winner) to play with... Makes you wonder what he rely could do in our side. The comparisons of the two players is notable.

Deki is the best young attacker in Sweden, Zoinolo arguably for Italy, hence the higher value. Imagine what the comparable English player would cost. Hmmm...

He wasn't the right fit for a club with that kind of prestige.

Peeps still talk fondly of Poch (you & i are exceptions ) & look at what little he has achieved during his managerial career. What has Moyes done during his career to warrant more time?

What has Graham Potter done?

Who from Joses time?
Who are important players?
Lucas (people want him gone as well)
Doherty (see above)
You missed Sanchez Moura and Doherty and you discounted Hojbjerg and Davies who are regular starters for Conte. All five are an important part of his squad, maybe less so for Moura.

You missed Sanchez Moura and Doherty and you discounted Hojbjerg and Davies who are regular starters for Conte. All five are an important part of his squad, maybe less so for Moura.
Hoby needs to be upgraded according to some. And won't be a starter once Bissoma is fit.
My point stands.
Conte seems to have binned of most of the players Jose called out and suddenly it's all OK.
Anyway. A moot point now.

Graham Potter is an academic. He's turned what was once a sure thing for relegation into a force to be reckoned with in the PL.

The club has just sold 2 of their best assets & even yet they're taking scalps for fun.

Wasn't Everton like that for a while? My memory is that he earned his shot at Everton.

Wasn't Everton like that for a while? My memory is that he earned his shot at Everton.
Just as Everton will never be a Manchester Utd, Brighton will never be an Everton. They were a yo-yo club for many a year. Everton have only been relegated once in their entire history.

Everton have also won multiple major honours. From my recollection B& HA have won SFA. Having said that Everton were a major force during the 80s winning the League title twice. Moyes could only dream of such things. He was in charge for over 10 years & won diddly squat.

Since 2019/20 (Jose's time), 16 players have been let go and I would deem them not good enough or part of the future.[/QUOTE
Since 2019/20 (Jose's time), 16 players have been let go and I would deem them not good enough or part of the future.
With another three or 4 in the departure lounge.
Obviously, some of those were probably Jose's signings!
So swings and roundabouts.
He was spot on about some of the shit we had at that time. All so called big names. Huge wages. Now playing on loan somewhere or other.

Loco was signed during Jose's time although I question how much Jose had to do with any signings. Doherty, Bergwijn, Rodon, Reguilon. All good players but didn't work out, even Doherty is debatable. A few on loan who didn't stay but don't really count. Vinicius, Gedson, Bale.

Would argue that JM was a perfect storm for us
We needed a rebuild, but didn't at that time have the finance.
JM was expected to keep us ticking over, until the stadium funds and investment came in
But as has been said, it was just a bad fit
Between player contracts, poor signings, the Poch hangover
The odds were always against JM
With that said, he was never going to be in reality accepted by the Tottenham faithful, given his credentials, and many thought we were just a stop gap for him on his way back up.
Had his candle gone out, who knows, for me just a bad fit at the wrong time.
Re Zanilo (spelling) I'm sure, we could dig out an equal video of N'Dombele's, great moments which will look as good if not better
Look where that got us.
Who knows if a player fits, until he fits in.
If AC wants him, that'll do me.

It looks like we could be seeing a lot of movement in the next week or so.

Udogie is done, but he stays with Udinese until next summer.

Villarreal are interested in a double deal for Lo Celso and Ndombele, but Lo Celso is further along having agreed personal terms.

Tanganga is set to join Roma on loan.

AC Milan are pushing hard for Sarr on loan.

We are still quite far apart on valuation for Zaniolo, but he is supposedly a top target.

My biggest confusion remains what our plan is for Homegrown quota in the CL. Tanganga going doesn't help and Winks is also set to leave. Many were convinced that Madison was our next priority. Paratici has a hell of a job on his hands to sort it.