Gills new signings | Page 17 | Vital Football

Gills new signings

Well Mansfield, Carlisle (2), Barrow (2), Hartlepool, Walsall, Colchester and Crawley have all made signings in the last few days.

Besides, Gills need new players more than most, perhaps any other club in the league with our thin squad.

Good luck to Neil Harris, it looks like he's gonna have his work cut out this season.

Don’t you think that if he’d wanted to, Neil could have signed any one of a number of out of work footballers that are crying out for a contract. Any contract.

I believe him when he says he’s waiting for his targets, or certain types whatever. If it was just a numbers game he could probably have 30 players on low one year contracts. And he’s already been accused of “panic buys” by the sort of fan that just wants to stick the boot in to GFC.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t….

Rather than being rejected after his trial, NH did actually say that he was after Lewis Walker for weeks and that he (Walker) was keeping his options open and having other trials and eventually decided to sign with the Gills. Obviously don't know if that is true or it is just NH trying to put a positive spin on things.

I believe Neil too just don't think he will have the budget to fulfil his wishes in all honesty. Lewis Walker for example was deemed not good enough on trial, we then return and sign him a day before the season starts, that shows Harris' hands are tied I think.

I've said before I'm happy enough with most the business the club has done so far just think we are quite short at this stage compared to where we should be.

If you do believe NH he himself has stated that he’d been chasing LW’s signature for the past four weeks so not a case of LW not being deemed good enough. I’m open minded as to whether or not NH’s pants are on fire with this one.

Edit - what dazza said

I must have missed that quote from Harris, if that's what he said then fair enough.

I'm surprised we signed him, as I and ST said previously he didn't impress against either Folkestone or Dover.
I wouldn't expect to much from him but he might surprise me.

Apparently the clearance for Walker hasn't materialised yet. Everything crossed that it's there in time for 3pm tomorrow.

On the up side, the roof on the GRS turnstiles has been fixed 👌

But, there's always a down side and some cheerful chap on facebook is now moaning about the lack of liquid soap in the Medway stand toilets 🙄

Perhaps we've only got a bottom 3 soap budget?

But, there's always a down side and some cheerful chap on facebook is now moaning about the lack of liquid soap in the Medway stand toilets 🙄

Just hope they dont go back to using that cheap old bog roll they use to have when I was at school. My Dad would say ''think yourself lucky son, all we had was newspaper.'' The Sun I'd imagine.

Just hope they dont go back to using that cheap old bog roll they use to have when I was at school. My Dad would say ''think yourself lucky son, all we had was newspaper.'' The Sun I'd imagine.

or the mirror. Both would block the toilet and many toilets were still outside. The bigger newspapers were used to draw the fire whilst lighting it.

My mother used to use her fag end to make faces in those old type bog rolls lol.

or the mirror. Both would block the toilet and many toilets were still outside. The bigger newspapers were used to draw the fire whilst lighting it.

My mother used to use her fag end to make faces in those old type bog rolls lol.
The Daily Mirror, as it was then, was in existence for decades before the Sun "hit the stands"
I used to deliver the Evening Post, when it first came out in the late 60s . It was free & delivered to all houses for a few months. I imagine that must have found a variety of uses ...

Last edited:

I’m sure it’ll all come out in the wash.

Typical Gills - dirty laundry in public again.

In a parallel universe somewhere someone’s complaining that if we used a less expensive liquid soap brand we could afford a proven 20 goal a season striker

Grandparents in Yorkshire
Izal! The muck spreader.
Enamel pots under the bed with fag ends floating in them.
Improved to plastic buckets, but you couldn't shove them under the bed.

Grandparents in Ireland
Inside bog, toilet paper. Outside bog, newspaper.

Mind you, as you get older and come to value your privacy more in these matters, an outside bog is not without its attractions. Global warming? Aging population? Forget AI, Biotech, and Augmented Reality. Portaloo's the next big thing.

Latest from NH. Awaiting a decision from a player. Hope it is done before Saturday. Little disappointed there’s only 1 currently on the go -
————————————————-
Gaffer: "I am awaiting a decision on one player. If it isn't done by Saturday then it's ongoing.

"Stuart is a lot closer, maybe Saturday. Dom, we'll see if he has a chance for Walsall."