Gills new signings | Page 18 | Vital Football

Gills new signings

Millwall have just signed striker Andreas Voglsammer from the Bundesliga. The talk is that young Isaac Olaofe will now be loaned out, although probably to L1.

Wonder if we are still a possibility? From everything I’ve read it would be an excellent loan. C’mon Neil & Paul, make it happen.

Millwall have just signed striker Andreas Voglsammer from the Bundesliga. The talk is that young Isaac Olaofe will now be loaned out, although probably to L1.

Wonder if we are still a possibility? From everything I’ve read it would be an excellent loan. C’mon Neil & Paul, make it happen.
I’m hoping that Harris still has a lot of mates at Millwall which I believe he does.
They may think the lad will develop better under his tutelage than being in a higher division.

Very relaxed on incomings, would not be surprised if we do or do not manage to get anyone in if the priority is to get the right players in and not to sign for the sake if it.

Very relaxed on incomings, would not be surprised if we do or do not manage to get anyone in if the priority is to get the right players in and not to sign for the sake if it.

We defintely need another centre back.

Harris said on KOL today that he switched to a back three on Tuesday and may do the same tomorrow.

We only have Wright, Ehmer and Baggott. Wright is also one of only two that can play at right back in a flat back four. We definitely seem light defensively.

We defintely need another centre back.

Harris said on KOL today that he switched to a back three on Tuesday and may do the same tomorrow.

We only have Wright, Ehmer and Baggott. Wright is also one of only two that can play at right back in a flat back four. We definitely seem light defensively.
Harris could be happy to wait to see how this group gel. Getting in a older centre back might mean Ehmer has to be left out or try to move him on.
By waiting a couple more weeks he might know what will most improve the group. Remember Baggott is very new to first team football.
If it works with Ehmer he might look at going after a younger player .But we have only one more loan deal to play with that could mean holding on all transfers until he sees how the current group do.
Perhaps that is why we are looking at two maybe three players if Ehmer need replacing we probably only have a budget for one more player.The problem with that is we would still have very little cover in the event of injuries. So that's why I believe Harris will give Ehmer a few more games yet.

Harris claims in his post match interview on Saturday that we’ve got enough money for 2 more signings max and we missed out on 2 he had hoped for last week…

If we bring only 2 more signings in that won't be enough when injuries kick in during the season. I was hoping for 4/5 more after Wimbledon and we've had no one new in since and that was over a fortnight ago.
I agree with you BUT NH knew the budget.

I think this lies with NH, not the owner.

Harris claims in his post match interview on Saturday that we’ve got enough money for 2 more signings max and we missed out on 2 he had hoped for last week…

Says he won’t put a time limit on it. WTF!

The time limit should have been the start of the new season. This is a big failure that will define our seasons

2 actual signings and space for 2 more loans as I understood it. All academic unless or until we can persuade the right ones to come and come to an agreement with their current clubs. It's a very different market this year, lots of players without a club, lots of clubs overloaded with players but the players are like everyone else, trying to get the best they can.

2 actual signings and space for 2 more loans as I understood it. All academic unless or until we can persuade the right ones to come and come to an agreement with their current clubs. It's a very different market this year, lots of players without a club, lots of clubs overloaded with players but the players are like everyone else, trying to get the best they can.
Players who are free agents NOW are free for a reason.

This does not apply to potential loanees.

If we bring only 2 more signings in that won't be enough when injuries kick in during the season. I was hoping for 4/5 more after Wimbledon and we've had no one new in since and that was over a fortnight ago.
I think Harris wants a couple of quality players to improve the starting line up .They will cost in wages and or transfer fee.If we need a goalscoring forward and the only way is to have a smaller squad we simply have to go for the goalscoring forward. Even if that means using kids to fill a few holes this season.

Robbie McKenzie? And many others of similar ability I suspect.

I mentioned it elsewhere but the more time that passes without McKenzie signing for another club, the more I suspect he will join another club as a free agent on or shortly after his 24th birthday on 25th September, with us getting nowt.

I mentioned it elsewhere but the more time that passes without McKenzie signing for another club, the more I suspect he will join another club as a free agent on or shortly after his 24th birthday on 25th September, with us getting nowt.

You have to be a free agent before the transfer window closes to be able to sign for another club outside of the transfer window. So unless he negotiates his way out of GFC holding his registration (assuming we offered him an equal or better deal to his last one) before the end of the transfer window, your scenario can't happen.