#COVID19 | Page 1341 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Oh and by the way anyone who makes 10 mistakes in dealing with a situation will find out sooner or later that some of them were avoidable.

Of course mistakes were made,are you saying that it was possible not to make any given the situation facing this or any government for that matter? Arse covering was always going to happen, that is why an enquiry may or not be being blocked.

Its not about making mistakes or even avoiding mistakes, its about being fooking honest, transparent and accountable. Be honest and transparent about the evidence, let an independent inquiry occur and then take accountability for the decision.

It is just me or have we, on this island, forgotten how to run a country properly ffs

Its not about making mistakes or even avoiding mistakes, its about being fooking honest, transparent and accountable. Be honest and transparent about the evidence, let an independent inquiry occur and then take accountability for the decision.

It is just me or have we, on this island, forgotten how to run a country properly ffs
Independent? Don't make me laugh.

Of course mistakes were made,are you saying that it was possible not to make any given the situation facing this or any government for that matter? Arse covering was always going to happen, that is why an enquiry may or not be being blocked.
I am not saying anything of the sort but there is also the question of whether some of the ‘mistakes’ were really mistakes. The fact that the Tories resisted an enquiry that they are now being accused of blocking discovery for (by the enquiry itself) would suggest that there is something to hide.

Still, I am sure he will always have people like you to do his ‘arse covering’ for him…

I am not saying anything of the sort but there is also the question of whether some of the ‘mistakes’ were really mistakes. The fact that the Tories resisted an enquiry that they are now being accused of blocking discovery for (by the enquiry itself) would suggest that there is something to hide.

Still, I am sure he will always have people like you to do his ‘arse covering’ for him…
I don't think I am trying to cover anybodies arse to be honest, in fact I was told that the whole pandemic was caused by Boris Johnson not washing his hands after going to the bog and it was passed on to a minimum wage immigrant washing champagne glasses at a Tory do. Personally I think that's a load of bollocks but something tells me that you wouldn't need alot of persuading that it's spot on.

I don't think I am trying to cover anybodies arse to be honest, in fact I was told that the whole pandemic was caused by Boris Johnson not washing his hands after going to the bog and it was passed on to a minimum wage immigrant washing champagne glasses at a Tory do. Personally I think that's a load of bollocks but something tells me that you wouldn't need alot of persuading that it's spot on.
Yes because believing that Boris is a selfish, lying incompetent is such a stretch…

Yes because believing that Boris is a selfish, lying incompetent is such a stretch…
He's yesterday's man now in case you hadn't noticed. Better get reading up on the candidates for his replacement. ( or have you already decided that they are all tossers?)

He's yesterday's man now in case you hadn't noticed. Better get reading up on the candidates for his replacement. ( or have you already decided that they are all tossers?)
He had been yesterdays man for a while or hadn’t you noticed?

They are Tories. What else could they be?

Just use the last sentence in all your future political posts. Saves time.
See now where’s the fun in that? I would at least rather watch and see if they prove me right.

It’s either that or bury my head in the sand while insisting everything is hunky dory…

See now where’s the fun in that? I would at least rather watch and see if they prove me right.

It’s either that or bury my head in the sand while insisting everything is hunky dory…
ts
Or how about before casting your vote in the next election you make sure that the party that you are selecting only contain people with the following attributes. Genius, scrupulous honesty, integrity,compassion, no devious sexual preferences and are only doing it for the love of their country.

ts
Or how about before casting your vote in the next election you make sure that the party that you are selecting only contain people with the following attributes. Genius, scrupulous honesty, integrity,compassion, no devious sexual preferences and are only doing it for the love of their country.
Good description of Caroline Lucas.
👌

The reason an enquiry is important is to learn from the mistakes made as we’ll face this again & even if we don’t, it’s got to be better to be prepared. Word down here is the U.K. had one of the best pandemic planning departments but it was scrapped in the austerity drive. We then had the butcher & his mindless optimism or ignoring the problem hoping it would go away & then we got into the lying & fraud.

ts
Just a bit of integrity and compassion would do. Rules out pretty much every Tory though so oops.