Summer transfer window thread | Page 140 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

As much as we hate Liverpool, Liverpool like (and respect) Steve. Steve and Liverpool/Klopp will be on very good terms. Coopz homework will have been a lot easier on this chap and I'm sure any warnings would've been flagged

This one is your archetypal lower premier league signing.

Expensive. Probably 80% of the time these signings are flops. Teams go for it for the other 20% who go on to leave for big money

This one is your archetypal lower premier league signing.

Expensive. Probably 80% of the time these signings are flops. Teams go for it for the other 20% who go on to leave for big money
Suppose we just have to accept that we ARE a lower premier league team then

It reassures me a bit that his numerous loans were due to work permit issues. He's also a decent age and Daniel Taylor followed up his tweet with the below:

This is a big coup for #NFFC. Awoniyi had a choice of clubs, including others in the Premier League, as well as Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig. First signing of the summer, dependent on medical (tomorrow), and then he will be officially announced.

Not a guaranteed success obviously... but of the recent Bundesliga to EPL flops, he's scored more than Joelinton and Rashica both had when they came over, and he's a lot younger than Weghorst. It seems like in the circumstances... it's about as good a striker signing as we could have realistically hoped for?

It reassures me a bit that his numerous loans were due to work permit issues. He's also a decent age and Daniel Taylor followed up his tweet with the below:

This is a big coup for #NFFC. Awoniyi had a choice of clubs, including others in the Premier League, as well as Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig. First signing of the summer, dependent on medical (tomorrow), and then he will be officially announced.

Not a guaranteed success obviously... but of the recent Bundesliga to EPL flops, he's scored more than Joelinton and Rashica both had when they came over, and he's a lot younger than Weghorst. It seems like in the circumstances... it's about as good a striker signing as we could have realistically hoped for?
Great stats, spot on.

I think any of us are likely to have doubts. But like you say, this is about as good as it gets amongst "the other 14"

In Pope's language, i think he is a 20%. Not necessarily gonna storm the top 4 but very decent. Looks like he is not that much of a dribbler, just pass and shoot- good, exactly what we need.

In Pope's language, i think he is a 20%. Not necessarily gonna storm the top 4 but very decent. Looks like he is not that much of a dribbler, just pass and shoot- good, exactly what we need.
raddy, there have been so many games this season, where we crying out for just that. The times we should have gone in 5 up at HT yet didn't?