The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 123 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Based on what I've seen of them the only CB better than Mings in that England squad is Tomori. Admittedly the only time I've seen the Palace lad is at Villa Park where he was made a fool of by the worst striker in the universe so maybe I'm being harsh on him.

I'm 100% confident that if we had Stones, Coady or Maguire in our 11 instead of Mings then we'd be worse off.

Apologies but it appears I missed Ben White. I think he's shit as well though.
I'm sure there's many fans of other clubs who watch Mings and think he's shit too. I really don't think there's that much differentiation in terms of quality among most of these. The only thing Mings really has going for him is a left foot.

I'm sure there's many fans of other clubs who watch Mings and think he's shit too. I really don't think there's that much differentiation in terms of quality among most of these. The only thing Mings really has going for him is a left foot.

England haven't two pennies to rub together at CB, I almost get Southgate sticking in two DMs in Midfield. Ben White is definitely not better than Mings, could you imagine how fragile and weak we'd be with him and Konsa?

Anyway in terms of the Villa, Tyrone needs a good kick up the arse and real competition if he is to get better. He had zero competition there for 2 or 3 seasons.

England haven't two pennies to rub together at CB, I almost get Southgate sticking in two DMs in Midfield. Ben White is definitely not better than Mings, could you imagine how fragile and weak we'd be with him and Konsa?

Anyway in terms of the Villa, Tyrone needs a good kick up the arse and real competition if he is to get better. He had zero competition there for 2 or 3 seasons.
Well Diego Carlos plays as a left sided centre half for Sevilla apparently…

I hope he stays and gives Diego Carlos a proper run for his money.

We want quality competition for places, not a propelling pencil with just one decent left sided centre back in it.
DC is right footed and can probably play on that side of the defence as well so not sure this means curtains for Mings as such but just of course there’s more general competition. If we sign another centre half though then he’s probably done.