Manchester City v Aston Villa, Sunday 22nd May | Page 31 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Aston Villa, Sunday 22nd May

Very frustrating to be 2 nil up with 15 minutes to go and lose the game. Villa exceeded my expectations up until that time.
The players put everything into the game and ran out of steam understandably. Game management from SG and the coaches with all their experience was lacking.
The thing that concerns me is the message that our former player conveys from the bench at city. He's gone there, not settled, played only 15 games in full and comes away with a medal. Players in our team or similar who are high profile will look at that and think why should they hang around mid-table teams for no end product, when like JG they can move to a sky 6 club, play sparingly and contribute very little and still pick up silverware. Instant success like this, however undeserved, makes it very difficult to hold onto good young players.

Very frustrating to be 2 nil up with 15 minutes to go and lose the game. Villa exceeded my expectations up until that time.
The players put everything into the game and ran out of steam understandably. Game management from SG and the coaches with all their experience was lacking.
The thing that concerns me is the message that our former player conveys from the bench at city. He's gone there, not settled, played only 15 games in full and comes away with a medal. Players in our team or similar who are high profile will look at that and think why should they hang around mid-table teams for no end product, when like JG they can move to a sky 6 club, play sparingly and contribute very little and still pick up silverware. Instant success like this, however undeserved, makes it very difficult to hold onto good young players.

I don't think I'm too worried about losing any of our bottle jobs to Man City more is the pity.

Has he played enough to get a medal?

Also "couldn't imagine what former clubs would say if I didn't win that". Mate you didn't win anything. Your manager Brought on a full back and a defensive midfielder instead of you when it was all on the line.

That interview was his best performance all season to be fair, probably the longest he has been on the pitch all season when the final whistle went to when the celebrations finished and they headed back to the dressing room. A good 60 mins perhaps for J*ck there
He's there looking chuffed with his medal, that what he's "here for" despite not really contributing anything to that title success. He's an absolute chove.

Utter cuntbag

Micah Richards…..a close second place!
Interesting how YKW talks about being afraid to lose the ball etc…yep and it’s shown all season. Lost all your flair and what made you a joy to watch in our colours you thick prat!

I knew as soon as they scored 1 they’d then go and score 3/4, like I said a few pages back we’re like a game of Jenga.

It's infuriating but so inevitable, 12 minutes between our second and their winner, we have possession twice between their equalizer and their winner and we just gave it right back to them. After the equalizer it was 78 minutes and 54 seconds on the clock when Ollie takes tip, 80 minutes and 46 second when the ball goes into the net for the winner.

Gerrard fucked it tactically, on paper it seemed like the right thing to do but I can't blame him for the capitualtion. The first goal is hard to find fault quality got the better of us. Emi2 and McGinn were spent you can see it in the build-up to the second. The final goal is a calamity by Mings, Luiz and Chambers but the real reason it goes in is we folded on the second goal and got scared of keeping possession at 2-1 and 2-2.

The only thing our players seem good at is dropping points and being nearly men.

I think we folded because Man City is a relentless, suffocating body and mindfuck of an experience for the opposing team. Tired legs and minds eventually tell. Doesn't mean there weren't errors but when they can bring Gundogan and Sterling on and leave Grealish on the bench, you're just not in Kansas anymore.

He's there looking chuffed with his medal, that what he's "here for" despite not really contributing anything to that title success. He's an absolute chove.
I hope he feels like a fraud, I got an award once for being part of a team that built a minibus for Monyhull hospital. I joined the "team" in the final week and fitted a back door to replace a damaged one. They insisted I went to the presentation, I felt I didn't deserve anything, still do

I hope he feels like a fraud, I got an award once for being part of a team that built a minibus for Monyhull hospital. I joined the "team" in the final week and fitted a back door to replace a damaged one. They insisted I went to the presentation, I felt I didn't deserve anything, still do

To think like that would mean him actually using his brain so I doubt it very much.

Not much point in all saying the same - so two things:

Can't be doing with all this knocking of Jack. Steve Gerrard is all in for his new club now, it does not mean that underneath he is not anything but 100% a Liverpool fan and always will be. Ditto Jack for City, but always a Villa fan. He can't have a character transplant - he was always a bubbly, smiley, enjoy the moment character, and it is to his credit he seems genuinely pleased for his teammates (and of course himself) rather than looking pig sick that he didn't get on the pitch. He will get better at City, while of course I also appreciated him as the second best player I've ever seen at Villa, after Paul McGrath, in over 60 years of supporting Villa.

And just to really incur the wrath and laughter of some, my second point is that I still believe Keinan Davis might make a better striker than any of our current strikers (note I only said 'might'), but I'm looking forward to SG giving him a proper pre-season chance. He is a beast - best of luck next week Keinan!