• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kane and Son are our only two genuine world class players. We should be building a team around them capable of competing with the best in Europe, because that's where they belong. Unfortunately, with maybe one or two exceptions, none of the other players that we have at Spurs currently are good enough to be part of the 'dream team', and the number of signings we would need would be prohibitive both in terms of cost, and willingness to join us.
Alternative longer term solution therefore is to sell them, together with other high priced 'assets' currently out on loan, retain some proven experience as the core of the squad, and then use the considerable funding raised from the sale of Kane, Son, Ndombele and Lo Celso, to start buying up some of the best young talent in the UK and Europe. Under the right management this approach could evolve into something much better than we have currently, but it will take time and patience.
Agree with you there Smithy ,
Isn’t that what Conte has been saying as well ?

Nope I would have sold him in 2019.

My point is he is gone and talking about a player who doesn't play for us now is pointless.

We should talk about who is here and who needs replacing. 👍

The point is the detrimental comments on the previous page towards Kane; are more of an indication of Alli's substandard performances over the last four years. I wanted to put the record straight. Yes, he is gone and rightly so, but that was only in January (4 weeks ago) and, as you say, at least three years too late. Our replacement drive has only just begun.

The point is the detrimental comments on the previous page towards Kane; are more of an indication of Alli's substandard performances over the last four years. I wanted to put the record straight. Yes, he is gone and rightly so, but that was only in January (4 weeks ago) and, as you say, at least three years too late. Our replacement drive has only just begun.

Don't agree with that Rich. Alli hardly played for the last two years. We are better without him, but it is more a case of we are better with the two new guys.

Don't agree with that Rich. Alli hardly played for the last two years. We are better without him, but it is more a case of we are better with the two new guys.

I wouldn't expect you to 80; you have an independent mind, as do I. Alli wasn't good enough to play; he's been at the championship or lower level for four years we are in the Prem. Kulu needs to do better to convince me we have taken a step forward with him; as one of the new guys.

Kane and Son are our only two genuine world class players. We should be building a team around them capable of competing with the best in Europe, because that's where they belong. Unfortunately, with maybe one or two exceptions, none of the other players that we have at Spurs currently are good enough to be part of the 'dream team', and the number of signings we would need would be prohibitive both in terms of cost, and willingness to join us.
Alternative longer term solution therefore is to sell them, together with other high priced 'assets' currently out on loan, retain some proven experience as the core of the squad, and then use the considerable funding raised from the sale of Kane, Son, Ndombele and Lo Celso, to start buying up some of the best young talent in the UK and Europe. Under the right management this approach could evolve into something much better than we have currently, but it will take time and patience.

lol - abuse of the words "world class". The words "World Class" mean you have the technical ability, the football brain and the mentality.

It's shocking to think either have the mentality. They are not even close.

Drives me nuts that they could be world class.

lol - abuse of the words "world class". The words "World Class" mean you have the technical ability, the football brain and the mentality.

It's shocking to think either have the mentality. They are not even close.

Drives me nuts that they could be world class.

We don't have one world class player these days. Those days are long gone.

Kane and Son are what's wrong with the club. Turn up when they feel like it. Everything is on their terms.

We don't have one world class player these days. Those days are long gone.

Kane and Son are what's wrong with the club. Turn up when they feel like it. Everything is on their terms.

Yep, but he drops into midfield, sprays a couple of balls and everyone forgives him for being lazy all game. Son does his 2 or 3 runs per game and everyone thinks that's OK as well.

The media are so weak that they just keep banging on about the "poor Kane" narrative as if he is the victim here.

So what's the best outcome this summer re. Kane?

With two years left on his contract it's make or break time for the club if they have any plans to sell him.

If Conte stays you feel he will fight tooth and nail to keep Kane.

If Conte stays Kane may want to stay also.

If Kane wants to stay should he get a new contract?

If Kane stays will we just see him pick which games to give 100% or if we recruit better players and he sees a genuine chance of trophies, will he go all in?

If the club decides they want to cash in and Kane doesn't want to leave (for whatever reason) we're stuck anyway.

As a minimum though, irrespective of Kane's future, we need to recruit at least one and preferably two forwards this summer, one of whom should be a first team starter.

Yep, but he drops into midfield, sprays a couple of balls and everyone forgives him for being lazy all game. Son does his 2 or 3 runs per game and everyone thinks that's OK as well.

The media are so weak that they just keep banging on about the "poor Kane" narrative as if he is the victim here.

I remember the days when all the good strikers would get 20-30 goals every season. Then still don't get a international call up.

Son is decent but he is certainly over hyped.

With two years left on his contract it's make or break time for the club if they have any plans to sell him.

If Kane stays will we just see him pick which games to give 100% or if we recruit better players and he sees a genuine chance of trophies, will he go all in?

If the club decides they want to cash in and Kane doesn't want to leave (for whatever reason) we're stuck anyway.

As a minimum though, irrespective of Kane's future, we need to recruit at least one and preferably two forwards this summer, one of whom should be a first team starter.

Conte is way too unpredictable for Kane to want to stay long term. We ain't winning anything anytime soon.

I hope we sell. Regardless of his talent he is a major problem at the club.

He was being a flirty slut last weekend against City, he still wants that move 100%.

Great opportunity to double his wages, win trophies and beat Shearer's record. No brainer for him.

My opinion stays the same as it has for a long time. We need to move on from Kane and maximize our returns to facilitate a massive rebuild.

My opinion stays the same as it has for a long time. We need to move on from Kane and maximize our returns to facilitate a massive rebuild.

I agree with the actions you suggest but a rebuild is not what we need. We need new construction from the ground up. Just like the stadium, only this time Paratici is the contractor.