The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 156 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to pick on you mate, but are we still berating Dougie for Pogba's cheating and idiotic refs and VAR?

He gives away no more than anyone else but this is now his bag.

Come on then 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

No, it’s a fair point. I am thinking about this season and he’s fouling a lot less if I reflect from what I’ve seen.

I’m a huge Luiz fan, I just wish he’d position himself a bit higher up the pitch but I don’t see him as any kind of attacking midfielder.

Come on then 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

No, it’s a fair point. I am thinking about this season and he’s fouling a lot less if I reflect from what I’ve seen.

I’m a huge Luiz fan, I just wish he’d position himself a bit higher up the pitch but I don’t see him as any kind of attacking midfielder.

Well I dont know how true this is but apparently Chambers was tried at cdm in the friendly? So maybe Luiz will get more chances a bit further forward?

Come on then 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

I don't mind him dropping deep it's favourable to Mings trying to bring the ball out or keep playing keep ball with Konsa.
Never been a fan of midfielders picking the ball off the toes of the CB's but someone has to take it away from Mings. The opposition let Mings have the ball knowing it normally ends in a hoof.

I don't mind him dropping deep it's favourable to Mings trying to bring the ball out or keep playing keep ball with Konsa.
Never been a fan of midfielders picking the ball off the toes of the CB's but someone has to take it away from Mings. The opposition let Mings have the ball knowing it normally ends in a hoof.

I dunnoooo I've seen some mazy runs now from the feller :rofl:

Come on then 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

giphy.gif

Not so much since SG took charge. Definitely under DS.

The talk about Bissouma coming to us (and also going elsewhere) continues but I wouldn't mind betting that us and others are still wary of the sexual assault allegations especially as Mendy has another added to his list and the Greenwood allegations.
It might be back on in the summer if the allegations are quashed but Nas and Wes will not tarnish the image of the club.

The only way Bissouma will sign for the Villa in the summer is, if no club playing in the Champions League or Europa bid for him.
I am particularly depressed that Denis Zakaria has ended up at Juventus for a 4 million euro + 2 million euro add on price tag. Comparing Zakaria and Bissouma only makes me more depressed. Bissouma has played 18 times for Mali, ranked 53rd in the world, while Zakaria has played 40 times Switzerland ranked 13th. Both players are 25, Zakaria is a DM who can play CM and CB, while Bissouma is a CM who can play DM. With no offence to Brighton, Zakaria has played all of his football at a much higher level than Bissouma.
Before I'd rate Bissouma, I'd wait to see if he's more than a one season wonder.
I am very surprised that no one jumped in for Marseille DM Boubacar Kamara for the 10 million euro's Marseille wanted in the last 6 months of his contract. Kamara at 22 years old is a younger version of Zakaria in that he's a DM who can play CB. This is an ability that fits in with a team that want to play with fullbacks pushed up the field, as the DM can drop into the back-line forming a back 3 which gives more defensive cover when attacking. Kamara is an under21 international for France.

The only way Bissouma will sign for the Villa in the summer is, if no club playing in the Champions League or Europa bid for him.
I am particularly depressed that Denis Zakaria has ended up at Juventus for a 4 million euro + 2 million euro add on price tag. Comparing Zakaria and Bissouma only makes me more depressed. Bissouma has played 18 times for Mali, ranked 53rd in the world, while Zakaria has played 40 times Switzerland ranked 13th. Both players are 25, Zakaria is a DM who can play CM and CB, while Bissouma is a CM who can play DM. With no offence to Brighton, Zakaria has played all of his football at a much higher level than Bissouma.
Before I'd rate Bissouma, I'd wait to see if he's more than a one season wonder.
I am very surprised that no one jumped in for Marseille DM Boubacar Kamara for the 10 million euro's Marseille wanted in the last 6 months of his contract. Kamara at 22 years old is a younger version of Zakaria in that he's a DM who can play CB. This is an ability that fits in with a team that want to play with fullbacks pushed up the field, as the DM can drop into the back-line forming a back 3 which gives more defensive cover when attacking. Kamara is an under21 international for France.
You have to say Juventus got the bargain of this transfer window. The problem from this point onwards is that the level of players we now want all
want Champions league football. I doubt Zakaria would have been willing to come to Villa, the same probably applies to Kamara. It will be up to SG, Lange and Purslow to convince these type of players that the CL is realistic in the not too distant future.

You have to say Juventus got the bargain of this transfer window. The problem from this point onwards is that the level of players we now want all
want Champions league football. I doubt Zakaria would have been willing to come to Villa, the same probably applies to Kamara. It will be up to SG, Lange and Purslow to convince these type of players that the CL is realistic in the not too distant future.
There's the rub, the problem in a nutshell. I don't know whether we were in for Bissouma in January or not, but I doubt whether we will get him, even more so at a cut price, in the summer because he will want Champions league football. IMO, and I am no expert or financial wizz, we should have paid now. UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.