Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Interesting to see if Kesler gets loaned back out at a higher level or if he stays as back up. Clearly a talented player who is capable of being a first team player at some point in the future, the difficulty is working out the best route to get him there

This is why I can't get my head around wanting Freddie back when we have this kid coming through next season, squeaky bum time for Matty Cash soon.
This was against the best team in England and up against a Brazillian international most of the game and he had him in his pocket for a league two team.
There is a reason he played every week and the other 18-year-olds have been recalled, he's hacking it and they aren't. I think we might just have the new Jonny Gidman
Gidman is before my time but I've got a DVD box set of our classic League Cup finals. Gidman looked great in that 77 final v Everton

I think we will now see the youngsters getting more game time. Working with the first team can only be a good thing for these lads.
Liverpool have never been shy in bringing through youngsters have they? And as Gerrard spent his entire career in and around that culture, I’m sure he’s on board with that.

Exciting times :utv:

The youngsters are just as important to the club as everyone else. Some good players have come through here, which means we don't have to spend stupid money, If they show they have what it takes, i'm sure they will be given a chance under Gerrard.

Looks like we might be seeing Kessler get some first team time sooner rather than later.

I don't believe the content of the tweet at all. I imagine this was planned prior to Friday. SG will have been watching Kessler before. Smacks of an agreement a while ago to let Scumdon have him for the cup game then recall him publicly after.

Last edited:
I don't believe the content of the tweet at all. I imagine this was planned prior to Friday. SG will have been watching Kessler before Smacks of an agreement a while ago to let Scumdon have him for the cup game then recall him publicly after.
Conspiracy is alive and well I see :lol:

It does beg the question how the Villareport have access to such intimate information from a club that has recently kept things close to their chest - and I can’t see Gerrard leaking this info to them.

The one young player I think could have a hard time breaking through under Gerrard is Bidace.

Not had a look in yet and we seemingly won't be playing with wingers if the rumours of El Ghazi, Trez and Traores departures are true.

Shame for the lad as he looks a real talent but think he'll need a move now for the sake of his career.

The one young player I think could have a hard time breaking through under Gerrard is Bidace.

Not had a look in yet and we seemingly won't be playing with wingers if the rumours of El Ghazi, Trez and Traores departures are true.

Shame for the lad as he looks a real talent but think he'll need a move now for the sake of his career.
Hope you’re wrong Deano, the set up for the Cameron Archer hattrick was sublime - and Bidace wasn’t on his wing. He could be our Sadio Mane in the near future.

It does beg the question how the Villareport have access to such intimate information from a club that has recently kept things close to their chest - and I can’t see Gerrard leaking this info to them.

Modern day 'so called' journalism. We recall just after Man C so it means it must be Man C performance that made the decision, irrespective of the fact most break clauses are set for the 1st week of Jan (usually) so loaning clubs have a few weeks to sort a replacement if a player has become key for them - and irrespective of the fact I very much doubt any recall clause doesn't give loaning team at least 48hr notice.

A few internet sites have ran with this 'theory' that Gerrard is suddenly blown away and hasn't in fact kept track of him (and other loanees) through reports and highlights given we now employ a loan manager and development coach (Henshall & Jedinak) and VillaReport are simply tweeting on the back of these reports.

I've seen the lad who runs it admit himself he has no insider knowledge, he just picks up things of interest from the rest of the web and collates them for people to scan. I use the site myself as a quick scan / catch up source before looking deeper.

Villareport just aggregates the Aston Villa related news from various media sources. That claim in the tweet is originally from a story in the Athletic (how they would know is anyone's guess).

Apart from Ramsey none of the 'youngsters' has had much of a look in under Gerrard. Not sure why there's a notion he's going to be giving them more game time especially as we now seem to be getting in older players on high wages.
Seems less likely if anything that they'll be playing

Apart from Ramsey none of the 'youngsters' has had much of a look in under Gerrard. Not sure why there's a notion he's going to be giving them more game time especially as we now seem to be getting in older players on high wages.
Seems less likely if anything that they'll be playing
Yeah but if he's clearing out the likes of Traore , Trezeguet etc that creates space for the kids to step up in the squad