Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 68 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Kessler starts tonight for Swindon vs Man City. Also in the starting line up are Villa Academy graduates Harry McKirdy and Jordan Lyden. Good luck to them.

Hope he proves how good he is. I always highlighted Kessler as my pick of the bunch ahead of Chuk, Bidace and Ramsey, bases on what is seen of him. Hope he lives up to my expectations.

Kessler starts tonight for Swindon vs Man City. Also in the starting line up are Villa Academy graduates Harry McKirdy and Jordan Lyden. Good luck to them.
Always liked the look of Lyden, shame it never worked out. Remember the YouTube clip of him putting in a couple of full on meaty "reducers" in the space of 20 seconds for the youth set up

This is why I can't get my head around wanting Freddie back when we have this kid coming through next season, squeaky bum time for Matty Cash soon.
This was against the best team in England and up against a Brazillian international most of the game and he had him in his pocket for a league two team.
There is a reason he played every week and the other 18-year-olds have been recalled, he's hacking it and they aren't. I think we might just have the new Jonny Gidman

This is why I can't get my head around wanting Freddie back when we have this kid coming through next season, squeaky bum time for Matty Cash soon.
This was against the best team in England and up against a Brazillian international most of the game and he had him in his pocket for a league two team.
There is a reason he played every week and the other 18-year-olds have been recalled, he's hacking it and they aren't. I think we might just have the new Jonny Gidman
He has terrific pace and athleticism and it looks like he knows how to tackle too. Giddy was an exceptional player and could turn a defensive situation into an attacking one at the blink of an eye. He was one of the few Villa players I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in my lifetime, he was a lovely bloke too. If Kaine turns out to be half as good as John Gidman, I’ll settle for that. From what I’ve seen of Kaine lately, I agree he should be our other right back for next season.

I watched the whole game and him in particular and the kid has got it, not sure what "it" is but if you know, you know

Quite a few ‘knew’ about Keinan as well and didn’t we know it . Didn’t watch the game so I’ll take your word on it rather than a few highlights many of which cut off before the pass or move has been completed . So will probably abstain from promoting him to first team duties just yet.

Kaine Kesler recalled with immediate effect then;

Tweet

See new Tweets
Conversation

Kaine Kesler replied

Swindon Town FC

@Official_STFC

NEWS
1f4f0.svg
| We can confirm that
@KaineKeslerHayd
has been recalled by parent club
@AVFCOfficial
with immediate effect. Thanks for everything, Kaine!

Makes sense. He's proved he can play against the big boys and we don't currently have any right back cover.

Spotted this little snippet on Trent Alexander-Arnold's wiki....

"During his time in Liverpool's academy Alexander-Arnold converted from a outside midfielder to a right-back.[18] It was the position that offered him the clearest path to the first team and he excelled in his new role, being singled out by former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, who tipped him to have a bright future at the club in his autobiography."

So Stevie obviously has a good eye for a young right back. I'm sure he's been watching him closely since he arrived and the fact he's now recalled him suggests he's liked what he's seen.

SG obviously been reading the forum this morning.

Case can be made either way. Staying out on loan either at Scumden Town (big local rivals down here) or elsewhere would be excellent experience .
Gettimg back to BH to work with the coaches and seeing how he fares under the way SG wants to play his full backs could be equally helpful.

Huge step up from league 2 or a one off novelty game against Citeh to the regular level of the week in week out premier league level performances required so barring injuries crises don‘t expect to see him much just yet.

SG obviously been reading the forum this morning.

Case can be made either way. Staying out on loan either at Scumden Town (big local rivals down here) or elsewhere would be excellent experience .
Gettimg back to BH to work with the coaches and seeing how he fares under the way SG wants to play his full backs could be equally helpful.

Huge step up from league 2 or a one off novelty game against Citeh to the regular level of the week in week out premier league level performances required so barring injuries crises don‘t expect to see him much just yet.

To be fair every time I have seen him he has been the stand out player. A few on here have been bigging him up for a while. He is certainly right in the mould of the TAA style full back and if Gerrard is adopting a Klopp style formation then this lad may be a big part of it in the future.

To be fair every time I have seen him he has been the stand out player. A few on here have been bigging him up for a while. He is certainly right in the mould of the TAA style full back and if Gerrard is adopting a Klopp style formation then this lad may be a big part of it in the future.

Yes. The future . That is why I said I don’t expect to see much of him just yet. We should all know that week in week out in the premier league is a world away from even the championship so need to be careful he doesn’t go the way of the many others given too much hype to soon, as I’m sure SG won’t do. But clearly SG has seen enough to get him back at the first available opportunity to assess.

We don’t have cover at right back unless its Konsa and he isn’t the right style for us there now.

I can see him getting minutes as a sub, if he can take the initiative, then he might even displace Cash, which is a good thing as we want competition for every place.