Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

Plenty of players 7/10 this evening and that was needed. Best performance of the season and gritty at times. McGrandles was the class but many others had their best performances for some time.

A decent return over the last four games, despite the disappointment of last Tuesday.

7 points from Charlton, Wednesday and Wigan in quick succession isn't to be sniffed at.

… and I still think we should have put Weds to the sword with their woeful defending 🙄

The fight, the passion, the determination. We wanted every ball, we played some great football, and we got in the way of absolutely everything, until they scored, of course!

Shame we couldn't keep a clean sheet, but the 3 points matter far more!

A decent return over the last four games, despite the disappointment of last Tuesday.

7 points from Charlton, Wednesday and Wigan in quick succession isn't to be sniffed at.

Absolutely so, especially when you consider their budgets compared to ours. It’s the annoying defeats to the likes of Morecambe & Wimbledon that frustrate me.

Great result and performance. Everyone put in a shift and it was a pleasure to watch. Shame we shipped a goal in the 5th minute of added time. It would have good to not concede after that performance.

I thought McGrandles was excellent, and was my man of the match. NLundulu had a better first half but could/should still have scored in the second. Looked to be tiring, so Draper was a good substitution and certainly looked like he should have won a penalty when he was about to score.

I think the woodwork did more than either goalkeeper in keeping the score down.

With the personnel we have available that was a much more fitting formation and it showed. I don't know why it hadn't been tried before as it was used in the second half of last season even when it didn't suit the players we had then!

Anyway, apart from a few scares that was well controlled, as it was om Saturday, but with more edge.

Onwards and upwards.
Haven't read up on the game, did we move away from 4-3-3?

Superb team performance, excellent displays by Ludulu, Eyoma, Sorensen and Robson especially on a booking.

Motsma and Macgrandles were fantastic though, tough to separate these two for m.o.m.

Superb performance from the whole team
Nlundulu and Maguire in tandem really made a difference and we looked like we had a proper attacking threat for once.
My MOM would be Montsma over the 90 but probably would have been Bishop if he hadn't got injured again. I thought he was superb.
Fair play to Robson as well. Surprised Wigan didnt try to get down the flanks more but he certainly held his own. Hopefully his attacking threat and delivery into the box develops as well.