Who Was Your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic?

Who was your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Plenty of candidates tonight. Pick any one of Robson, Eyoma, McGrandles, Maguire but I've gone for Nlundulu. Terrific leading the line until he tired and took his goal really well.
There's a player in there despite some misgivings up to tonight

Number of options for me,it came down to Montsma and McGrandles. Gone for McGrandles in the end.

That was a joy to watch, commitment, pressing, blocking, tackling, anticipating and scoring. To be fair everyone in that team played their part, every single last one of them. The defence was awesome, both fullbacks and the central pairing. Pleased N'Lundulu got his goal and spoke really well post match. Maguire and Bishop were fantastic as well as Fiorini and Sorensen. We needed a big performance in midfield to win this game and we got it from McGrandles. He played a captains performance in snuffing out their attacks in the early stages, getting City moving forward and defending at the back. Outstanding.

I’ve been a detractor of Nlundulu as not offered much, but did so tonight and looked decent. Hopefully will kick on. Played well for my man of the match.

Real committed team performance with any number of candidates.

Montsma was class, back to if not beyond his best of last season as he's becoming a leader. McGrandles competed but kept a calm head to control the game and manage pressure. Robson was very impressive, strong defensively against a good winger but willing to get forward. Poole... I could go on through the 11 but N'Lundulu showed tonight why the club wanted him, took his goal beautifully having been crucial to the build up, nearly bagged a late second and worked his nads off in between, and deserves my vote.

Bishop's pass to create the first goal was sublime. He hit the bar from 25 yards and some driving runs had the Wigan midfield struggling to cope. He also did his defensive duties diligently.

Really difficult one this - quite a few contenders (Maguire, Robson, Eyoma, McGrandles, N’Lundulu) and everyone played their part in a great team performance, but I’ve gone for Lewis Montsma. Back to his imperious best - won everything (and patrolled across the back four at times) made some superb challenges, brought the ball out well without playing the usual Hollywood balls all the time.

Bishop just edges both Montsma & Eyoma ... very unlucky not to score with two crackin efforts, and a gem of a pass to set up Dan for the opener.

Dan's the man this time!
Superb leading of the line, caused them no end of problems, used his strength well, and scored a terrific goal and deserved at least one other too.

Great to have a tough choice. Gone for TJ, back to last seasons form and a real test of character after his last outing. Added bonus of a well taken goal, he showed with his celebration what it meant to him.

I think he will settle down on the ball, and then be very dangerous for us, use him well MA, as Sedgely said there is something in there come on Dan.go for it.

A really difficult choice but gone for Dan - great goal, great work rate and a really good post-match interview - a very humble and honest character it seems

Are there any more comments to add? I will be publishing the article just before 20:00!