The Carabao Cup Thread | Page 79 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

when you consider they had a 100m striker on at the end a 70m keeper, the boys held their own. Shame Sanson had to come off he was playing well.
Buendia worries me , he looks totally lost as to what he is supposed to be doing

Just need to give him time, there is clearly talent in the boy. Without question, he is a player. Deano turned Glenn Whelan into Pirlo for a few months. I've no doubt he can get Buendia to perform as a central player and not a wide player.

I know we still can't rely on the youngsters to guaranteed put in a shift and make a difference BUT.

Compared to recent years where it was total hope a youngster would seize a moment and expected old heads wouldn't fuck up in a way that saw them not be regulars in the first place.

We are in a good place - one thing doing it against Barrow and it might not have been consistent, but to do it against Chelsea and that squad is worlds apart.

I know we still can't rely on the youngsters to guaranteed put in a shift and make a difference BUT.

Compared to recent years where it was total hope a youngster would seize a moment and expected old heads wouldn't fuck up in a way that saw them not be regulars in the first place.

We are in a good place - one thing doing it against Barrow and it might not have been consistent, but to do it against Chelsea and that squad is worlds apart.

Dean maybe could have done a tiny bit more to get us through tonight but fuck me how can anyone say we're not going the right way under him.

We've got a bunch of young lads actually being brought through the right way and they seem to be improving. Archer was nowhere and on no one's radar a month or two ago. Now he's elevated himself to 3rd choice probably.

Ramsey looked like just a hard worker last year but now he's grabbing the ball and taking it forward. Defenders who haven't really played come in and do a solid job.

Edit: and one other thing, I wouldnt be against Conte coming in but he isnt going to progress the ideals and interests of the club in the same way Dean is. I don't think we'd see these kids doing what they're doing without Dean or at least maybe not this early.

Dean maybe could have done a tiny bit more to get us through tonight but fuck me how can anyone say we're not going the right way under him.

We've got a bunch of young lads actually being brought through the right way and they seem to be improving. Archer was nowhere and on no one's radar a month or two ago. Now he's elevated himself to 3rd choice probably.

Ramsey looked like just a hard worker last year but now he's grabbing the ball and taking it forward. Defenders who haven't really played come in and do a solid job.

Edit: and one other thing, I wouldnt be against Conte coming in but he isnt going to progress the ideals and interests of the club in the same way Dean is. I don't think we'd see these kids doing what they're doing without Dean or at least maybe not this early.
Just need to instil a winning at all costs mentality, rather than the plucky loser:throw: